Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

In reality, this is just a wait and see situation.

which is precisely everything the madonna fanbase isn't doing right now  :stress:

remember when Gaga tweeted "get the funk outta my face" and a lot of fans thought they were collaborating? even little monsters inundated Madonna's instagram.

If that isn't batshit crazy I dont know what is  :confused:

I just love this pre-album time. I get the feeling Madonna is really enjoying this time too....especially now that she has social media to tease us with.

I'm also loving the recent Pharrell hints. I hope it's true she's working with him again (love love his "Girl" album and what he did with Blurred Lines for Robin Thicke).

Oh, I agree the fan base is getting a bit rabid over all these rumors. I think initially it's all in good fun, but some tend to get way too serious about what they speculate. They think, that since she posted a picture of her dog, it must mean the dog is part of the album. LOL!  Every little hashtag MUST be a hint to what another song title is. I love rationalizing some of these rumors that make sense, but I don't think just because she posts a picture of "Funk" and then Lady Gaga tweets something about "Funk" the following day, that means a collab is in the works.

If only it had been the next day but Gaga's tweet was like 4 days after  :Madonna021:

I thought it was the next day. Ha. I'm on vacation, so I've lost all sense of time. ;)

I just love this pre-album time. I get the feeling Madonna is really enjoying this time too....especially now that she has social media to tease us with.

I'm also loving the recent Pharrell hints. I hope it's true she's working with him again (love love his "Girl" album and what he did with Blurred Lines for Robin Thicke).

Same here. Luving this pre-album time which seems more exciting with M's IG. She is such a tease.

I would luv it if Disclosure are involved. Not so sure about Pharell. I do like his work on HC but I can't Imagine the meltdown if she does work with Pharell again. A lot of fans seem to dislike that idea.

Why? Because some think Madonna should stick to her own formula. What many fans forget, she's always used other big names when producing her album. Yes, collabs are more evident this past decade, since much of her earlier work was her solo vocals.

I guess that I'm one of few fans who can admit that without some input/collab from someone current in the youth dominated music world, Madonna will have a slim chance to reach the top 10 or gain radio exposure. Even if her first single is solo, a production with Pharell or Avicii will do much better than something with a less known producer. I would love to be proven wrong. Cher managed to make a huge comeback with BELIEVE. The difference is Madonna has beem more active than Cher. She's never really been away from music.

Good idea. I plan to "wait and see" too. I'll never forget when I first head she was remaking "American Pie". I wasn't a fan to the song in the least. Well, when I heard her version, I ended up loving it. It's happened time and again since. So, now I never judge until after I hear what she's produced.

And I want add too that I think Pharrell's music has evolved even more since "Hard Candy". So for the fans who think they'd just get more of the same with him and Madonna would be a mistake imo. He, like Madonna, seems to want new and different sounds.

http://www.popmusicgadfly.com/2014/06/15/madonna-release-surprise-album/

I’ve had several Madonna fans ask me about Madonna’s upcoming album. I, as well as many others, surely thought that she would unleash a surprise single next week. In fact, people from Interscope never denied the rumors. But it ends up being completely false.

The rumors were fueled by fat slob and psychotic douche bag Roger Friedman of Showbiz411, who was fired [http://www.examiner.com/article/liberal-reporter-roger-friedman-loses-second-job-within-a-year] from several news outlets in the past because of his poor reporting. His article (and I won’t link to him so he could get another page hit) was just the beginning in a Madonna bashing campaign he talked about during a Music Cares event earlier this year with Elton John. Incidentally, Friedman allegedly started another Madonna bashing campaign in 2006 according to these leaked emails [http://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/506724-roger-friedman-fox-news-mariah-careys-manager-give-madonna-negative-spin.html], which he has denied even though both email addresses are legit and the information in them is 100 percent accurate. I can’t say that I’ve liked everything Madonna has done and have criticized her myself, but am shocked that her legal team has done nothing about this man, who has the face only a mother can appreciate.

Now, back to the album. It isn’t done. It isn’t even close to being done. Madonna has recorded enough songs to make two or three albums, but like a photographer, more is better since there is more to choose from in the end. All I know is that Interscope is very impressed with what they have heard, and that’s not just PR hype. We often hear of how “great†an album is by an artist’s PR team and when the album is released, it’s not so good. Madonna’s MDNA is a good example. Early hype and early reviews had the album compared to Ray of Light. But when reality hit, it wasn’t nearly as well received.

However, the good buzz for Madonna’s next project comes from within Interscope. But they are concerned and confused about how the album should be marketed. Should it concentrate on the adult contemporary songs she has recorded (there are quite a few)? If nothing but EDM songs make the final cut, will she be accused of recording another MDNA? Interscope knows that radio won’t play the songs, so they are looking to market the songs in other ways.

One of the songs will likely be used for an upcoming movie. Given how Interscope turned the fortunes of Lady Gaga’s “Applause†around by featuring it in a KIA commercial, you can bet they will use the same method for Madonna. There will be some performances, but not many; Madonna’s management and Interscope are aware of how much Madonna is bashed after any performance she gives these days.

Madonna would be wise to learn from the mistakes of Mariah Carey, Kylie Minogue, Britney Spears and other divas, who face an increasingly ageist music industry. If she wants the album to be any type of success, she has to tone down her image. She has been stuck in a “Look at Me!†rut that is turning off some fans who have stood with her since the beginning. This isn’t about ageism, which I admit Madonna is a victim of more than any other pop star in music history. This is about creativity. Madonna ‘s biggest strength has always been the ability to reinvent herself so much that she comes across as fresh both musically and aesthetically. Her current incarnation has run its course into the ground.

She also has to market the album to her audience, which is largely made up of adults in their 40s and 50s. Marketing the album to teenagers (which she has done for her past two albums)  will be a nail in the album’s coffin.

In any case, Madonna is no doubt putting more effort into her latest album than she has in years. Let’s just hope the efforts pay off.

She also has to market the album to her audience, which is largely made up of adults in their 40s and 50s. Marketing the album to teenagers (which she has done for her past two albums)  will be a nail in the album’s coffin.

wtf 

YES some of her fans have been with her since the beggining but not all, not even close!!!. I think a ton of fans have come and gone throughout her career. And frankly its stupid to think adults won't like EMD Pop music or whatever. They'll like what is good.

COADF was such a hit with teens! I was a teen when the album was released and everyone in my school knew about it. And the older fans loved it as well because it was a masterpiece. Period.

isn't this the site that posted that ridiculous article about Gaga's conspiracy to destroy Madonna? :stare:

I may not like some things that went on with Gaga and her team/friends but that article was beyond ridiculous. 

Ha, that article is just pure BS. I wouldn't put much stake in it. And not to defend that Roger Friedman, but the rumors of Madonna releasing something in a "secretive" manner was mentioned long before he posted his silly article. He simply was reposting what everyone else was hearing.

I am not her oldest fan by far, but I've been there pretty much from the beginning. I can guarantee you I've enjoyed pretty much all of her music. Madonna has always ventured into the newest sounds, and I think if anything that's what gets her so highly criticized anymore because she won't just retire or rehash the same sound. Madonna certainly has not come this far as a global entertainer by recording the same sounds over and over or catering to just one age group.

This is just one's person blog. It seems everyone thinks they are an official source. It isn't anything official and I don't believe they know anymore than what we know and how far she is along with her new album and when she will release new music.