Enrico

Here is an interesting, yet very provoking article from last issue of Italian magazine Io Donna (this is the link to the internet version). I don't have time to traslate it in English at the moment (maybe some other Italian in the forum), but the journalist says that Madonna, although supporting HRC, is much more similar to Donald Trump because she comes from a period of a radical individualism as the Eighties. Her IG video is as sexist as Trump, although in the opposite direction. A lot of showbusiness, a lot of Reagan-esque American dream.

I am NOT saying I agree, but I found the article very interesting because it made me think a lot and see things in a different perspective.

http://www.iodonna.it/attualita/in-primo-piano/2016/11/05/madonna-appoggia-hillary-ma-ragiona-come-trump/?refresh_ce-cp

interesting article; could also be called "how to pervert perspectives and convictions", in my opinion.

the american dream predates reagan, first of all.

trump may have come up during the same time, which doesn't mean they stem from the same philosophy however.

basically, the article is saying trump and madonna are the same type of megalomaniacs, correct?

and to base that off her street music gig and/or Instagram posts is, honestly, hilarious to me.

she shamelessly promoted herself, and probably still does so, although not like in her earlier years.

what this article totally leaves out:

she stands by her beliefs. even if they change.

she fulfills the duty she feels she has as an artist who has an influence on society, no matter how shallow their art may be.

she speaks out, expresses what she stands for.

she supports the politician that is closest to her beliefs.

this article throws madonna in one bag with trump and lacks true reason.

vera merda. scusa.

and to base that off her street music gig and/or Instagram posts is, honestly, hilarious to me.

The article was out on Saturday so it has nothing to do with the gig but just refers to the Instagram halloween posts.

I like Madonna being political and opinionated, I think I learned to be it from her!

I also learned from her never to trust what people say, sometimes including M herself.

The article was out on Saturday so it has nothing to do with the gig but just refers to the Instagram hallowing posts.

I like Madonna being political and opinionated, I think I learned to be it from her!

I also learned from her never to trust what people say, sometimes including M herself.

yes, better to take everything with a grain of salt.

and i wish everyone would not just trust everything they read online or on paper, no matter how shiny the production may be.

i truly believe her political engagement though.

it's not like she needs to create a lot to of publicity to reach fame or create a career.

she has been around more than 30 years now.

but again, the author is very wrong, from my perspective, to turn the sexism argument around to blame a woman, here: madonna. perverted thinking.

here's an english version of the article, from google translate:

Madonna endorses Hillary but thinks like Trump

WHAT IS NOT BEING MENTIONED The Madonna video in support of Hillary is the most trumpista document throughout the campaign. The old pop star confirmed her extraordinary talent to promote herself

The Madonna video in support of Hillary is the most trumpista document throughout the campaign. The old pop star confirmed her extraordinary talent to promote herself: the final part of the American campaign is rotated around her. On the one hand, there is to admire the fact that it remained the same as Like a Virgin, totally disinterested in the veneer of respectability that sometimes spregiudicatissime divas wear once achieved success (the best example is Grace Kelly, as seductress unleashed a fairy protector of Monegasque tax evaders). But in any event confirms Madonna - a bit 'as Vasco Rossi - the more right-wing icon period of history: the Eighties. Years of radical individualism. The years in which the company ceased to exist (or has begun to exist today; there are, if anything, social).

While Vasco was singing 'just us',' What do we care us "and alluded to the drugs and the highs, Madonna moved an America output apart from the decade of civil rights and social struggles in Isla Bonita dream Reagan. The fact that Vasco is she say the left does not mean anything. An artist leaves its mark for what he does, not by what he thinks he is. Madonna's video is no less sexist video of Trump. The difference is the freedom of women, which must be defended at all times, even if expressed in the form a bit 'vulgar as did the singer.

Trump reaffirms roughly a fairly well-known fact: the power and wealth have always been the most effective aphrodisiacs. Madonna claims the right to do what she likes with those who think, moreover, promising to be good and attentive to the needs of men (including that of not losing visual contact during fellatio). In short, Trump and Madonna are the two sides of the same coin. Two different forms of sexism. The first decidedly retrograde, the second a little 'less; but not so much. It remains the self-promotional aspect; for the show American business it is what really matters. Moreover, even Trump comes from there, from entertainment.

Trump and Madonna are really two sides of the same coin? Two different forms of sexism? Write us and tell how you think

yes, better to take everything with a grain of salt.

and i wish everyone would not just trust everything they read online or on paper, no matter how shiny the production may be.

i truly believe her political engagement though.

it's not like she needs to create a lot to of publicity to reach fame or create a career.

she has been around more than 30 years now.

Like I said in the other thread, she's been preaching to the choir and it's anyone's guess whether she knew that in advance or not. She seems to know her fanbase is receiptive to it. And her stuff around 2003 seemed hollow and un-characteristic to many due to her rise of fame and the immense amount of money she has amassed and she started to be open about US politics just when she moved to Europe.

That said, I'm sure she cares about her humanitarian stuff truly like Malawi and that is completely unrelated to what happens at US elections.

Like I said in the other thread, she's been preaching to the choir and it's anyone's guess whether she knew that in advance or not. She seems to know her fanbase is receiptive to it. And her stuff around 2003 seemed hollow and un-characteristic to many due to her rise of fame and the immense amount of money she has amassed and she started to be open about US politics just when she moved to Europe.

That said, I'm sure she cares about her humanitarian stuff truly like Malawi and that is completely unrelated to what happens at US elections.

she is "also" preaching to the choir, i would say. 

there are enough people who are not her fans, yet follow what she does. so there are enough people who are not "in her choir" who may hear what she is saying.

i think it's great that she expresses herself that way.

is her political engagement questionable? maybe. political engagement is always questionable.

but to me, it has a more positive effect than a negative effect. she is also not the only one who spoke out and acts in favor of Hillary. i honestly think it was not all opportunist or ill-motivated, much on the contrary.

I believe in Madonna's intentions with Malawi and in her political thoughts.

But I think the aeticle is right when saying that Madonna is interested in power.

And money. Watching that video when she talks about her skin product like a cosmectics representative makes me feel ashamed.

interesting, why ashamed? can you explain?

madonna is also a capitalist in many respects. her name is a trademark, she makes money by marketing herself. and this time, with the skin product. it looks a bit like a QVC infomercial but is that such a bad thing?

in being capitalist, yes, i would agree, she may be looked at like trump. or any other businessman/business woman in the U.S., for that matter.

but what comes with the money-making brains is what makes the big difference to me.

trump has promoted misogyny and xenophobia, in a mannerless way on top of all.

i don't see that with her. she promotes philanthropy and feminism.

so the comparison is still off-line, from my perspective.

there are enough people who are not her fans, yet follow what she does. so there are enough people who are not "in her choir" who may hear what she is saying.

There is absolutely no evidence to back that up now. Many celebrities alongside Madonna backed Clinton and it didn't work out. At this point it's safe to assume the general public could not care less about the political views of a rich celebrity.

Madonna talked a lot about elections on the past several tours but probably most people who attend her shows already share her views anyway so at this point it's unlikely to get past than preaching to the choir. In fact it's the same regarding her 2010s music and performances but that's another story.

There is absolutely no evidence to back that up now. Many celebrities alongside Madonna backed Clinton and it didn't work out. At this point it's safe to assume the general public could not care less about the political views of a rich celebrity.

Madonna talked a lot about elections on the past several tours but probably most people who attend her shows already share her views anyway so at this point it's unlikely to get past than preaching to the choir. In fact it's the same regarding her 2010s music and performances but that's another story.

there is no need to back that up with "evidence", really.

if it's out there, online, it's accessible to everyone.

there are enough people out there who look things up. how do you think google works. lol

you're making it sound like only madonna fans check what she does.

this preaching to the choir thing is just about dimming the light on what was a good (although probably not completely altruistic) move.

If people don't listen to rich celebrities then why did Trump win? He is much more representative of the 1% than Madonna will EVER be.

Madonna, unlike Trump, had to WORK to get to where she is.

So with that alone said, I call this article complete bullshit.

Sharing the article was a provocation and it provoked a discussion, what I beg of you is not to associate me to the journalist's opinion.

To me, that was clear. You already explained it in your first post. It's good to question things sometimes.

And I found it truly interesting in the way that people try to turn things around all the time.

On that note, everyone's a "journalist" nowadays, it seems, or is allowed to publish articles.  

I wonder what the editor-in-chief was thinking, perhaps "this will generate more clicks", and that's it...?

On that note, everyone's a "journalist" nowadays, it seems, or is allowed to publish articles.  

I wonder what the editor-in-chief was thinking, perhaps "this will generate more clicks", and that's it...?

To be honest, he is a very famous journalist, and normally very bright, very smart he's not improvising when he writes things. But of course he's not always right!!

Lady Gaga is Donald Trumps twin. She came from money in New York. Had all kinds of privileges and support in whatever she wanted to do. Tells people what they want to hear to gain support and has fans that feel empowered to bully people who have struggled to get where they are because they are self loathing. They don't want to struggle and look down on anyone who does. Hence their obsession with awards and praise. If you try to talk to their supporters about them you might as well talk to a brick wall. Trump supporters sound just like little monsters. "Well Trump won and you will deal." I've actually seen that. Where are all the adults? I feel like I am in the twilight zone. I'm sick of strong women being attacked and insulted.

...And I didn't like that stunt piece of clothing she wore standing next to Hillary Clinton. Seriously not the right look the night before the election and I suspect she knew that. Then protesting in front of Trump tower. I wouldn't be surprised if she helped him.

In Trumpland some guy says how Hillary came from money and Trump is self made. That's the biggest load of Bull. It mirrors what that woman has been trying to do to Madonna. Hillary has been working for years and years and started off with very humble beginnings. A couple of spoiled brats are trying to steal other people's life experiences to appeal to their sheep who frustratingly buy it hook, line and sinker. This election has just pushed me over the edge because these cult followers and their support of these salespeople are now going to affect other people's lives. Most recently MY country. Not a happy person. I am so sick of con artists but the fact they coast so much easier today than they ever did is the most frustrating thing.

Madonna is a worker. She works. Madonna's views don't even come close to that sad excuse for a presidential candidate. I'm sick of people creating their own reality. Madonna is nothing like him and I think it's offensive.

How awful it was to watch Hillary give her concession speech. I could feel her pain. All that work for a misogynistic man to basically walk off the street with no experience and no morals and take it away. Your only beloved as a Woman if your tragic or a victim. I'm devastated.

Every syrong woman out there is compared to the worst of men but all men are regarded as individuals.

I think the article like so many sneaky people have tried to do was printed as an attack.

Have a look at Hillary's latest tweet and tell me the comments don't remind you of little monsters. He used the same tactic that lady gaga used.

John Cleese on Conan O'Brien:

A simple principle of the KGB is to accuse the opposition of exactly what you’re doing yourself, and I thought that was what Trump was doing, as a result, Putin has got exactly the president that he wants.â€

George Takai to Donald Trump on Twitter:

"Denounce the actions of supporters who see your election as a license to hate."

And of course Donald Trump will stay silent and this sounds too familiar to lady gaga's fans saying horrible things about Madonna. lady gaga's fans who were also Madonna fans emplored her to say something. They still never wanted to believe that this is exactly what she wamted. Of course when people get upset Trump supporters turn it around on Liberals just like little monsters turned it around on Madonna fans when they were simply defending Madonna or themselves.

This whole thing with Donald Trump so reflects lady gaga's scheme and she was right on top of Hillary at the end which did Hillary no favors.

lady gaga is an elitest like Donald Trump. How about her interview with her comments about Madonna? She lies to somehow make her above someone else and she doesn't care if it's a lie like Donald Trump.

NEITHER Trump nor Hillary were good Presidential choices but I don't hate either of them.

But like Madonna, BOTH have had the media twists things about that and present FALSE information to the masses

Also like Hillary and Trump, Madonna is an EXTREMELY divisive figure. All three are capatalists and love making money though.

Inheriting a huge fortune is not exactly being self made. :suffer:

Thank you!! We live in an age of make up your own reality. Facts mean nothing anymore.

Also do people think everyone who has money are the same? It's like thinking everyone who is poor is the same.

Madonna has pushed for unity and self expression and thinking for yourself as well as others. I am just so sad right now. I feel like I'm fighting a wall of something trying to dismantle all that is good.