Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I only watched the second segment in the non-hd version so far as it's the most relevant part of the show to me.

Vocals are just as cleaned up as on the previous 2 tour films but it's less noticeable since there was less live singing in the first place as the backing tape drowned her vocals on most songs. Body Shop sounds nothing like what you can hear on audience recordings and just as I suspected for long, you can hear album vocals in Deeper And Deeper.

The editing is good for those who haven't seen it live but based it on periscope and youtube since it's practically a different show but it turns out they really did not listen to any of the complaints, it's once again a music video feel and many fans complained about Olympia footage in MDNAT which was barely noticeable compared to what goes on in Like A Virgin! She doesn't even want to pretend it's a proper recording of one of her shows anymore, no wonder the "DVD filming" wasn't an event this time.

Due to the cleaned up audio and the several different video footage I seem to notice many times the vocals don't match her lips, like in the end of Deeper And Deeper, which is not a huge issue but another thing that would piss off the fans who complained about the previous release.

S.E.X. seems to be a few seconds shorter, Deeper And Deeper has the repeated chorus removed in the middle and the break afterwards was always a lot longer. I agree the removal of LDLHA is seamless but hopefully these are in the +15 minutes she mentioned that would be on DVD.

I think LVER is possibly the most beautifully shot and edited M performance I've ever seen! in one word gorgeous!!!

the rest of the show however, ouch, they really butchered it tbh, it was such a beautiful, intimate and magical live show, none of that is present in the majority of this edit unfortunately.

Comparing this release to the previous one and imply that its just as bad is laughable to me. Yes theres SOME over editing here and there and some quality discrepancies but its a huge improvement. We all already know how she likes to edit her shows and it's been going on since IGTTYAS. So it's not a surprise. The different outfits personally I don't mind them. She just wants it to feel like many shows at once and that's OK with me, it's a creative decision not a mistake or flaw, wether we like it or not.

im i the only one who didnt like this video of the rebelheart tour??

didnt like it at all

to much video you cant hardley follow the concert 

its to much done

and missing parts of the concert 

and one song with differend costume 

sorry guys didnt like this one

I agree!!! And (ahem) you and I both know what happens here is because of her ego.

21b6m1x.gif21b6m1x.gif21b6m1x.gif

I still dont see it but ok lol

I thought it looked weird too at first but once I zoomed in I could see there was nothing wrong. On my phone, the image is smaller and it's hard to make out the outer line of lights (edge of stage) furthest from the camera.

The lights at the edge of the stage near the camera, lead backwards and the line of lights looks like it stops (as can't make put the lights near the back too well) but what I see is a reflected line of lights along side the edge of the stage further back which gives the illusion that the stage looks like it's been edited together crooked, lol. If that makes sense. I know what I mean but don't know how to explain it lol.

A bit like:

. |

. |

. |

|

|

|

|________________

Well finally I saw it and first of all I have to say M looks amazingly beautiful.

I really enjoyed the 4th part of the show even I didnt like that part live to much.

But you can enjoy this part the most as its not edited to death like the rest.

The first 3 numberst are edited so fast almost unwatchable pfff and all the time the screens

in front in deeper and deeper...

body shop was as boring as it was live. Sadly its so overproduced all the live feeling is lost

except the last part gladly.

LAV changing from hat to normal hair to rock hair and back is sooooo stupid and dumb.

The crowd noise as already told by someone is like the laughter in some sitcom so fake.

I'm so happy at least the last part was different everything else was feeling live like an overproduced music video.

Less would be more. I also liked the unapologetic bitches part way more than that stupid guy in cologne.

Well sad its so overproduced but the last part and the lovely credits left me with a good feeling and the feeling M was on screen. Oh and why oh why cut out ldlha for that boxing shit in detroit. My bf saw the first 3 numbers sayd what a fake nothing live and was not interested any longer. Really thankfull for part 4!

Loved the colors even B&W on Music but I would not have believed that it would be heavier edited then MDNA

I thought it looked weird too at first but once I zoomed in I could see there was nothing wrong. On my phone, the image is smaller and it's hard to make out the outer line of lights (edge of stage) furthest from the camera.

The lights at the edge of the stage near the camera, lead backwards and the line of lights looks like it stops (as can't make put the lights near the back too well) but what I see is a reflected line of lights along side the edge of the stage further back which gives the illusion that the stage looks like it's been edited together crooked, lol. If that makes sense. I know what I mean but don't know how to explain it lol.

A bit like:

. |

. |

. |

|

|

|

|________________

I love your explanation hahaha  :heart:

In my opinion, her skin color for one more time looks unaturally white from special effects, it reminds me of living for love video. There's been a mix-up with the montage that the scenes are changing quickly in such a way causing dizzyness and lack of concentration. Also in apologetic bitch part should be paid tribute to all the fans who had been on stage with her and not to celebrities. Regarding, the audio I am not satisfied because it sounds too processed like a professional studio recording.

Rebel Heart Tour: The Frankenstein Matrix Official Edition! 

For me, it's the worst edit EVER. It looks like most a big videoclipe than a real concert. So upset!

Hope the unedited footage surfaces one day. 

I love the tour very much, but this product SUCKS!

Nothing is worst than the Instagram 360px resized to 1080px tour.

I was very happy with the album itself und the tour as a live experience. Not happy with the filmed tour. Hate the editing, it's just too much. I can't focus on anything. Don't know why M bothers to pick the best dancers, choreographers etc.... you can't follow their moves at all. Feels like they are just running and jumping around all the time. The sounds is ok, but you get the impression she can't sing. Too much play back and compression.

The ballads/slow songs are fine - with less editing, beautiful long shots and her raw voice.

It's a shame, I loved everything about the tour. But I rather watch videos on youtube than this product.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic