Was Rebel Heart Madonna's Last Tour or Not?

madonna lover

I was thinking she may stay in one area and do small concerts I just think this since she adopted the twins they are so little she may not want them to have to travel to city to city although David and Rocco were young when she toured during Confessions and Sweet and Sticky tour?

The only thing, she's always loved going place to place, rather staying in the same place. Though, I see what you mean. She might think next time around, it's better to stick to one place. However, she didn't stick around long in the U.S with the twins before heading to Portugal.

The only thing, she's always loved going place to place, rather staying in the same place. Though, I see what you mean. She might think next time around, it's better to stick to one place. However, she didn't stick around long in the U.S with the twins before heading to Portugal.

Yea, that's true but I think she moved to Portugal for so David can peruse his Soccer dream.

Yea, that's true but I think she moved to Portugal for so David can peruse his Soccer dream.

Probably so, but if she wasn't worried about uprooting the Twins from NYC so soon after adoption, then I can't imagine she is interested in staying in one place touring. But who knows?  

• 2 weeks later...

The RHT is definitely not Madonna's last tour. Per se. 

The RHT may be the last tour in which she takes her show all over the world... and that's possible given her (growing) family and her need to perhaps start thinking of her energy, vitality, and health preserved for her personal life and family life more than ever.

This is nothing bad at all though as she had mentioned in a recent article from BBC that after decades of doing stadiums, arenas, etc., she feels the need to reinvent pop tours and do ventures along the lines of just doing shows on one venue and/or doing more intimate shows with smaller venues and limited seating capacities where she can directly talk to the audience -- more connection which is amazing (pretty much something like Tears Of A Clown, with or without the comedic concept).

So I believe this will be Madonna's next phase in her career: doing toned down shows -- hybrid of 10-12 songs and doing longer monologues in between songs + more audience interaction where it's going to be probably on one or two venues in a given country or city. Amazing if you think about it. 

What pains me however is with the RHT I definitely saw a lesser energetic, lesser mobile M in terms of movement and choreography and this is all understandable as age comes along. I have been so used to the rigorous, super energetic, athletic Madonna on all of her previous tours... but watching her on the RHT made me realize that she is getting a little older and may need to slow down a tad bit. Yes I know most of us would cry out "Madonna is Madonna -- and will always be youthful!" I agree with that too so much and applaud her exuberance until today... but at times I can't help but think she is also not getting any younger and it naturally makes me sad. More of a reason for the world to appreciate, laud, love, and respect her for she is a LIVING LEGEND. One of, if not, the best in the history of music. 

So it's possible that the RHT could be her last full on pop show/tour however it could be the start of Madonna's interesting, more human, and intimate phase in her career. And I'm here for that. She will be doing more shows until she is tired. And we all know  that "tired" for Madonna means "over her dead body" 

Long live Madonna and she will def be sticking around for decades to come!

I don't think she'll ever abandon large tours. She's probably burned out for touring every record since Music so a few TOAC type shows in big cities to pursue her comedy/anti-tour bit is definitely a huge possibility. It'll be a hit and something different.

I can imagine she still had a few tours in her, if she should ever do a farewell type like Cher (which I hope she doesn't) or even to support her future records. Sure, the dancing and theatrics may take a hit but she still manages to entertain us regardless.

I don't think she'll ever abandon large tours. She's probably burned out for touring every record since Music so a few TOAC type shows in big cities to pursue her comedy/anti-tour bit is definitely a huge possibility. It'll be a hit and something different.

I can imagine she still had a few tours in her, if she should ever do a farewell type like Cher (which I hope she doesn't) or even to support her future records. Sure, the dancing and theatrics may take a hit but she still manages to entertain us regardless.

Omg yes. Didn't see it from that perspective! Yes for this coming new era, she is probably gonna do these TOAC type shows or like you just mentioned an ANTI-tour even (hello, Kylie Minogue lol). That'd be cool. We'd finally get to see her perform "Physical Attraction" in its original album version or in a super stripped down bossa nova/latin jazz arrangement. 

Like you said, anything she does... people will still want to see and be entertained. Yas queen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

She said recently that she has done all she can with big production and arena tours to rebel heart was probably her last big world tour. Now will be something smaller scaled intimate like TOAC kind of show.

No, she never said that.  SOURCE???  She simply stated she's interested in doing smaller, scaled down shows, and further stated she might have to re-invent the touring standard as it's constantly changing. She never said anything about RH being her last big world tour. 

No, she never said that. SOURCE??? She simply stated she's interested in doing smaller, scaled down shows, and further stated she might have to re-invent the touring standard as it's constantly changing. She never said anything about RH being her last big world tour.

you are right she didnt say she would never do arena tour but she said: "I feel like I have pushed the whole big-production arena tour to the max and done it the best that I could for such a long time. It is time for me to take a different approach". Now what this means I have no idea, but with this and what she said about wanting to stay in one place for longer time and do more intimate shows instead of traveling the word, one can only read between the lines. Dont get me wrong I hope there is another word tour coming, I went to RHT, one of the best moments ever. I want to go again. ☺

Her LiveNation deal commits her one abum and one tour more, after RHT.

Nobody knows what will happen after that.

The deal was for ten years (which was up last year 2007-2017). Three tours = Sticky & Sweet, MDNA & Rebel Heart. Three albums = MDNA, The MDNA World Tour & Rebel Heart. The Rebel Heart Tour CD and blu ray/DVD were released through Eagle Rock. Who knows how anything will be released in future :/

The deal was for ten years (which was up last year 2007-2017). Three tours = Sticky & Sweet, MDNA & Rebel Heart. Three albums = MDNA, The MDNA World Tour & Rebel Heart. The Rebel Heart Tour CD and blu ray/DVD were released through Eagle Rock. Who knows how anything will be released in future :/

As I remember the ten years deal signed in 2007 includes: 

4 tours (S&ST, MDNAT, RHT, ???T) and surely 3 studio albums (MDNA, RH, ???)

I don't know which year has to be considered as the starting year of the contract: S&ST was in 2008/9 ... so ... maybe .... the deal ends in 2018.

1 studio album + 1 Tour with Live Nation remaining!

Reference: Billboard

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1048285/madonna-close-to-massive-deal-with-live-nation

The label of her albums under Live Nation is not pre-defined, because Live Nation has not its own label: for each album (studio or live) a new deal is done by LiveNation (maybe Universal, maybe Eagle Rock, maybe who knows).

• madgefan changed the title to Was Rebel Heart Madonna's Last Tour or Not?