Was Rebel Heart Madonna's Last Tour or Not?

madonna lover

I know in a recent interview she did, (cant remember which one) she did say something along the lines of she doesnt plan on stopping anytime soon and she will continue to do what she does as long as she is able to do so. I hope she continues to make music and tour until she is in her 70s and 80s haha :P

Guest ArthurBadin

I know in a recent interview she did, (cant remember which one) she did say something along the lines of she doesnt plan on stopping anytime soon and she will continue to do what she does as long as she is able to do so. I hope she continues to make music and tour until she is in her 70s and 80s haha :P

I've always known she will follow Dietrich's footsteps and even more further. Even her haters when trolling on fansites are sure of that, lol.

• 1 month later...
Guest ArthurBadin

I have a feeling that she will do her final tour as a greatest hits tour. One final goodbye! So, rest assured, she will not be retiring anytime soon.

In fact, @@Turuncan, she said during an Australian concert last year she had plans for touring in 2018/2019. I guess RHT didn't quench the flame for her to tour. Thank Pleroma!

Maybe now that Rio de Janeiro has a lot of arenas due to the Olympic Games legacy she does some shows here again #JustADream

But I do believe she won't tour stadiums again. Unless she gains back her good self-visibility from pre-2012. That's not hard to do if she hires a better, really decent manager who capitalizes on her artistic treasury instead of trying pushing her to do what her children are used to listen and admire on recent artists. (And no, MDNA and RH weren't actual attempts to capitalize on her legacy, but instead they were attempts to RUIN it, for goodness' sake.) People in fact are so thirsty for the memorabilia of good, lost times in that present aeon where all seems to be a previa of the world she describes in Ghosttown. If only she realized that instead of keeping her Kabbalah little friend (and hangman) on her control... #PleaseMadonnaFireGuy-O

... not hard to do if she hires a better, really decent manager who capitalizes on her artistic treasury instead of trying pushing her to do what her children are used to listen and admire on recent artists. (And no, MDNA and RH weren't actual attempts to capitalize on her legacy, but instead they were attempts to RUIN it, for goodness' sake.) ...If only she realized that instead of keeping her Kabbalah little friend (and hangman) on her control...

i tend to agree with what you say here about her kid's tastes but i think it's actually quite difficult to get a good manager for M, and i am no big fan of guy oseary either.

i have nothing against her affinity with Kabbalah though. i think it added more dimensions to her artistic writing before, and most importantly, it seemed to have helped her personally.

But I do believe she won't tour stadiums again. Unless she gains back her good self-visibility from pre-2012.

Why do you think that's the case, guys? She can easily sell out stadiums and break records, so why didn't she bother to do that this time, and unlikely to do so in the forthcoming tours?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Why do you think that's the case, guys? She can easily sell out stadiums and break records, so why didn't she bother to do that this time, and unlikely to do so in the forthcoming tours?

I don't even think it has much to do with sales. During MDNA she had so much shit with the weather and getting sick and the blackout, I could tell before that tour ended she was done with stadiums. When all arenas were announced for RHT I was not surprised.

Never say never, but I think she is over it.

Bear in my mind just because the media says something, that doesn't automatically make it true. They wouldn't know anymore about her Live Nation contract than we do. The general consensus seems to be one more tour and one more album but that is just general consensus obviously. In my humble opinion I don't think she will quit touring but I don't see her committing to another contract that locks her into x amount of tours in x amount of time like the current deal. I can see her touring again at her own discretion like she did for the first 15 years of her career. She's going to be 60 by the time she hits the road the next time.

Come on.

Journalists and writers do their job. M's contract with LiveNation was much commented and reported back at the time, so I don't see why you would doubt these news. The truth doesn't lie in "the consensus" but in facts.

So Google "Madonna Live Nation" and click on the links that were posted in 2007.

Facts are :

- deal is for 10 years, until M turns 60

- 3 albums

- 4 tours

http://investors.livenationentertainment.com/news-center/news-center-details/2007/Madonna-Joins-Forces-With-Live-Nation-in-Revolutionary-Global-Music-Partnership/default.aspx

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-madonna-idUSN1325809620071013

http://www.numerama.com/magazine/5450-madonna-s-engage-pour-10-ans-avec-live-nation.html

In fact, @@Turuncan, she said during an Australian concert last year she had plans for touring in 2018/2019. I guess RHT didn't quench the flame for her to tour. Thank Pleroma!

Maybe now that Rio de Janeiro has a lot of arenas due to the Olympic Games legacy she does some shows here again #JustADream

But I do believe she won't tour stadiums again. Unless she gains back her good self-visibility from pre-2012. That's not hard to do if she hires a better, really decent manager who capitalizes on her artistic treasury instead of trying pushing her to do what her children are used to listen and admire on recent artists. (And no, MDNA and RH weren't actual attempts to capitalize on her legacy, but instead they were attempts to RUIN it, for goodness' sake.) People in fact are so thirsty for the memorabilia of good, lost times in that present aeon where all seems to be a previa of the world she describes in Ghosttown. If only she realized that instead of keeping her Kabbalah little friend (and hangman) on her control... #PleaseMadonnaFireGuy-O

I've been a fan for 30 years, and ever since she left Freddy DeMann's management, people have been angry about Guy O.

You know what? Madonna picked Guy O and made him who he is. Remember the guy started as a nobody and is now one of the most influential businessmen in music.

She makes her own choices, she doesn't wait for someone to tell her and record "music that her children like", she can think of it all by herself. If she sticks with Guy O, it's because she's happy with him.

Some fans are very thirtsy of memorabilia, but the vast majority of fans (whatever the icon) are there for the music, and they couldn't care less about maxi cds, Japan only releases, posters and calendars.

And one last point, the high level of hate around Guy O has always puzzled me. Gays hating a beautiful straight man ? Hum. Either it's plain jealousy, because we'd all want to be in his place, or it's just another way to be antisemitic in a very gay environment. Duh.

100% agree, they would be more focused on dates played and revenue than "tours".

In terms of possible loss of revenue, LN could have stipulated that any loss could be offset by more dates. So for example if Madonna played 88 dates but at a lower revenue than was expected, LN might easily say revenue wise you have only played 50 or 60 dates and still owe us 20 - 30 more. There are all sorts of possibilities.

This is not how a business deal works (whatever the business). This "you will work until am I financially satisfied" concept is called slavery.

LiveNation, as any other tour promoter and as any other entertainment producer, gambles on the revenue it will make from a tour.

This is not how a business deal works (whatever the business). This "you will work until am I financially satisfied" concept is called slavery.

LiveNation, as any other tour promoter and as any other entertainment producer, gambles on the revenue it will make from a tour.

There would have been stipulations in place, otherwise Madonna could just say I am going to do 30 dates in 300 seat theatres. LN could not charge enough to meet revenue expectations. That is a stupid risk, especially if her market value is high enough to ensure stadium or arena sell outs. They either had a revenue expectation based on her market value or they ensure dates and venues played to allow a better chance of making a certain revenue. It isn't slavery, she would have agreed to certain stipulations in her contract.

I was not suggesting she would have to make up for lost revenue based on poor sales. That is the risk LN take, but they would not leave a contract open to too much interpretation. There would be something there to ensure the best possible chance to make a certain revenue, with the only risk being Madonna's touring value and whether people are willing to buy tickets.

When I said revenue loss, I meant if she did decide to play smaller venues (after agreeing to play venues of a certain capacity) and where LN had to cap the ticket price at a certain point and lost potential revenue they knew she was capable of generating. Again, they would have ensured something was in place to make up for this. It makes no sense that they would agree to her just changing her mind and making less money when she had the potential to make more.

• 1 month later...

Didnt she indicate during RHT that this might be her last BIG BUDGET tour? She will of course tour or perform in one way or they other but given the the fact RH was already lower budget and sales were not as good as expected, isnt it possible she wouldnt take the chance and tour again in this form?

Didnt she indicate during RHT that this might be her last BIG BUDGET tour? She will of course tour or perform in one way or they other but given the the fact RH was already lower budget and sales were not as good as expected, isnt it possible she wouldnt take the chance and tour again in this form?

No.

And let's not confuse her interest in doing a more stripped down show like "Tears of a Clown" as if she was interested in ditching a big budget tour.  I have no doubt, before she decides to finally hang it up, she's going to go out with a bang.  If she ends up going for lower budget tours, it's because it's her only choice.  Otherwise, she's going to try to bring it with each new tour.

No.

And let's not confuse her interest in doing a more stripped down show like "Tears of a Clown" as if she was interested in ditching a big budget tour. I have no doubt, before she decides to finally hang it up, she's going to go out with a bang. If she ends up going for lower budget tours, it's because it's her only choice. Otherwise, she's going to try to bring it with each new tour.

I understand, I was just thinking about if the demand for her tours will be enough. I hope so I want to go again.

I think there will be at least two more world tours, there are many artists over 60 touring these days, and she can stiil keep doing music without touring, so we'll  enjoy Mdollas new music at least if she decides stop making live concerts.

I'll be surprised if she releases an album without a tour on the horizon to support it.  She needs the tour to actually make money.  I actually think that she could just skip recording a new album at this point and tour.  Not the other way around.   Though, she's not that type of artist or at least never was interested in being a Greatest Hits type of gal.  She wants to tour with new material.  She's putting enough time between Rebel Heart and her next new album and tour that there will be a stronger demand than if she just quickly went back out on the road again especially with a new album.  I believe if she and her team are vague about her next few tours being the last, it may help draw in more interest as well.  As many will never be sure if it's her last.  And I'm betting her next tour will be very high energy if she can pull it off at her age. She seems to have the stamina for it, but how long will that last?  Some to think that Rebel Heart was a sign of her slowing down on tour.  Me?  I don't think she intentionally was trying to slow down, but just wanted to change it up some.  At the same time, I can see her having less sections that are high energy. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be surprised if she releases an album without a tour on the horizon to support it.  She needs the tour to actually make money.  I actually think that she could just skip recording a new album at this point and tour.  Not the other way around.   Though, she's not that type of artist or at least never was interested in being a Greatest Hits type of gal.  She wants to tour with new material.  She's putting enough time between Rebel Heart and her next new album and tour that there will be a stronger demand than if she just quickly went back out on the road again especially with a new album.  I believe if she and her team are vague about her next few tours being the last, it may help draw in more interest as well.  As many will never be sure if it's her last.  And I'm betting her next tour will be very high energy if she can pull it off at her age. She seems to have the stamina for it, but how long will that last?  Some to think that Rebel Heart was a sign of her slowing down on tour.  Me?  I don't think she intentionally was trying to slow down, but just wanted to change it up some.  At the same time, I can see her having less sections that are high energy. 

I was thinking she may stay in one area and do small concerts I just think this since she adopted the twins they are so little she may not want them to have to travel to city to city although David and Rocco were young when she toured during Confessions and Sweet and Sticky tour?

• madgefan changed the title to Was Rebel Heart Madonna's Last Tour or Not?