Discuss-New Contract News vs. New Album News

LUKESAVANT

I wouldn't mind a laidback album next, maybe something Erotica-esque musically but more modern. With interesting daring concepts and lyrics, and great composition and musicianship, etc. I'm not here for basic boring loungey stuff though, which is something I'm afraid she could end up doing. 

Either that, or maybe a synthwavey album. It could be the next COADF but with 80s retro feel rather than 70s, and it can be dark, political even, but still fun all the way through. I would live for it.

Or just ratchet fun ala Bitch I'm Madonna.

She has a lot of options, I just hope she goes 100% with it and is a move forward.

I wouldn't mind a laid back album this time, something like STR but new songs.

Or something a bit more 'mature' in its sound, like ROL. It would be nice to have something that will actually stand the test of time musically and reassert her status as a reputable artist and songwriter. Pandering to the younger audiences with 'flavour of the moment' producers and guest stars, as she has been doing more recently may bring in the money, but the music is often soulless, subpar and forgettable. We need another classic!

I love Diplo, solo and Major Lazer - Bitch I'm Madonna one of his worst productions, it means well and the video is killer. Although I do like Auto-Tune Baby which is samples Major Lazer's song Baby, for a song where the baby is on most of it, it's not in the least bit annoying I mean that sound is usually...  :thinker:

But than you got Living for Love, Best Night (JML for a new age) and UB being what I wanted with him there!

the swearing is not a problem for me. it's Diplo's production. (sux, for me)

I love him. He's not the best but when he's right, it's right. BIM is overproduced, it should've been more like the demo, and more like his "final mix". An hybrid of the 2. But granted, the song itself is a guilty pleasure.

He can do better, unfortunately I don't want him for the next album because I know he can't give our queen 2 months sitting in a studio. His schedule is too crazy for that. And what I want is for her to sit down with someone and just work it without distractions and lock her cellphone somewhere she can't get it easy.

With interesting daring concepts and lyrics, and great composition and musicianship, etc. I'm not here for basic boring loungey stuff though, which is something I'm afraid she could end up doing. 

Absolutely with you about this Fighter! 

New sounds, hope for a dark, theatrical one (James Blake, Sohn, Olafur Arnalds -he's the new Craig Armstrong for me, but also people like TaKu or FKA Twigs), strong and "on point" lyrics and A REAL MUSICAL AND VISUAL CONCEPT this time.

I hope she's not going to put out basic and acoustic productions, as -I have to say- any kind of "Confessionesque" update niether... I don't think she can really give it the same energy anymore. Tireless dancing is necessary for that kind of stuff imo. 

From Erotica I'd be mad if she would consider to reassess the jazzy, subtle mood of Where Life Begins, Secret Garden and Waiting, that kind of allure. Of course a pair of new Patrick Leonard collabs would be very appreciated.

But basicaly: SHE'S GOT TO MOOOVE!!! I NEED NEW FU...ING MUSIC, IT'S ALREADY ALMOST TWO YEARS!!!

I'm confused, are some complaining about a lack of promotion during the RH era? Because she did SO many magazine interviews, and tv interviews, hell she was on Ellen for a whole damn week! I thought that promo for RH was levels above MDNA. 

The promo was more than anything she's ever done. Performing with Taylor Swift and using the guy from the biggest network show on one of her videos did not help. People are just not interested in her anymore, she is just the "singer who has been around for a long time" now and no matter how her albums sound, it's unlikely to change.

i hope for a new album for end of 2017 or beginning 2018 

i wonder if she will work with stromae , she did meth him 2 times and they wanted to work together in the future but rebleheart whas already made 

i like to think they could come up with great songs. stromae is awesome. perfect mixture between electronic beats/meaningful lyrics/pop appeal.

i like the tiny bits of african music in stromae's music.

I read somewhere that the albums were considered "units", meaning a 1 studio album = 1 unit, compilation albums (like live albums) = 1/2 unit.

Apparently this is music industry standard, so theoretically, MDNA, MDNA Tour, Rebel Heart, and Rebel Heart Tour could fulfill the interscope portion of the contract.

I would like to see her in a less hectic marketplace, in terms of getting lost in the shuffle among record company artists and chart numbers.

Her singles choices have been very dance floor oriented because the dance charts are a guaranteed #1 for her.

A smaller and more boutique record label would suit her artistically, but also give her more visibility from an inside of the record company aspect.

I read somewhere that the albums were considered "units", meaning a 1 studio album = 1 unit, compilation albums (like live albums) = 1/2 unit.

Apparently this is music industry standard, so theoretically, MDNA, MDNA Tour, Rebel Heart, and Rebel Heart Tour could fulfill the interscope portion of the contract.

I would like to see her in a less hectic marketplace, in terms of getting lost in the shuffle among record company artists and chart numbers.

Her singles choices have been very dance floor oriented because the dance charts are a guaranteed #1 for her.

A smaller and more boutique record label would suit her artistically, but also give her more visibility from an inside of the record company aspect.

Hi!  =)

I started this thread and have read all replies.  You, my friend are on to something here.  Great response.

If was the case Madonna shoulda started digging hard in the vaults for her tours (mostly Re-Invention World Tour for me please!) to release lol. But I bet they make it new music since there would be more exposure and money to be made from a new album.

Her live album releases have been a hit and miss investment on the US charts.

I'm Going To Tell You A Secret - 33

The Confessions Tour - 15

Sticky & Sweet Tour - 10

MDNA World Tour - 90