Illuminati Demo Vs. Released Version

quietlife70

I'm wondering if I'm alone on this one...but I always tend to choose the demo of this song...

The released version has a few things I like about it, but it seems to lack the same feeling of the original demo.

Almost feels like it lost it's feeling, it seems very sparse.

The demo seems a bit upbeat and I love when it breaks down into the guitar part, which is taken off the released version.

Overall...I just think it sounds better...

Anyone with me on this?

I wish I could talk her into switching them out on the physical album...lol

I'm with you. I also prefer "Devil pray" and "Living for love" in their demo state to the official versions. These demos have better song structure and... I just don't know how to describe it... I love them. I know it may sound not right, but I thank God for letting us hear the demos. Amazing material.

I prefer the finished mixes to all the tracks.They have Madonna's signature all over them.Illuminati in its finished version is a slice of dark, grooving electronics like only Madonna can do them.If youve got great headphones or speakers, the bassline is insane.I had doubts when I first heard about this track, but it sounds like nothing she's done before.The mixes she uses for her Interludes in concert are often cooler than the album versions.This sounds just like one of those Interludes and I love it!

I prefer the final versions. I didnt exactly like the demo of Illuminati, it was too generic and was hoping it would be left out, but Kanye's contribution saved it for me. I do miss the sort of medieval sound of Devil Pray's original demo, but the final version is a work of art. Same with Living For Love and its 90s vibe, that one sounds more wholesome now even if it lost part lf its original appeal.

I prefer the finished mixes to all the tracks.They have Madonna's signature all over them.Illuminati in its finished version is a slice of dark, grooving electronics like only Madonna can do them.If youve got great headphones or speakers, the bassline is insane.I had doubts when I first heard about this track, but it sounds like nothing she's done before.The mixes she uses for her Interludes in concert are often cooler than the album versions.This sounds just like one of those Interludes and I love it!

And also the production on the official version of Devil Pray is fucking amazing! i love the hook after the chorus... it reminds me of the intro of Like a Prayer in Blond Ambition Tour.

when i first heard the demo i instantly liked it and i thought to myself "this HAS to be on the album!"

but i prefer the official version now, although both versions are good. the album version has more of a dark vibe which fits the lyrics of the song better.

i think it's always that if we like a song, we like the version we heard first.

and that's probably also why madonna was upset. it's always a little more difficult to convince with a second version of something already heard.

but for me it was the other way around actually with this song.

i hated the demo, loved the album version.

The chorus on the demo version is better. I wish they could have kept the build up. The final production is great just before the chorus kicks in. Then it just drops flat. Needs to be faster and more dance to keep the style from the lyrics. The final version almost sounds like a remixed version of Illuminati. Weird. I want more punch and attitude. Could have been the new Vogue if produced right. I wanna spank Kayne so hard.