Rebel Heart Tour Top 5

• 1 month later...

Mmmhh, this is a little tough, 'cause all the "new" versions weren't really very different to the originals but I guess I'll choose (in no particular order):

Holy Water: That long intro, the Vogue part and the dramatic chorus toward the end made this song more epic.
True Blue: I like so much the silly production and arrangments of the original version, but this stripped down version stole my heart.
HeartBreakCity/Love Don't Live Here Anymore: That was pure gold.
Music/Candy Shop: They both sounded pretty much the same like the album versions, but this little mashup/medley(or whatever it was) worked very well.
Material Girl: The song isn't really one of my favorites, but the new arrangements make it sounds so sweet.

(lol, I guess I'm the only one who truly dislikes the Like a Virgin remix  :tongue: )

• 3 months later...

Though I'm not a fan of the song 'S.E.X.', I just loved the performance. It was so seductive and I loved how every orientation was represented!

'Messiah' always has a free pass from me. Even if she just played that song in complete darkness, I would have loved it.

I have guilty pleasure for 'True Blue' and 'Who's That Girl?'  :smile:

'Iconic' was also very good as the tour opener.

• 3 months later...

1. HeartBreakCity/LDLHA - It was amazing live, the vocals, the staging, the spotlight and the staircase.
2. Like a Virgin - Simply Madonna herself and owning that stage with an ultimate classic.
3. True Blue - Opening night hearing it, cried my eyes out and seeing it live was utter perfection.

4. Living For Love - the remix vibrated the ground, definitely a showstopper in my opinion.
5. Deeper and Deeper - she motherfucking did that! Album version but everyone danced and remembered the words to it!

• 2 weeks later...

1. Deeper and Deeper (finally, we hear this song in it's full glory)

2. Holy Water/Vogue (the transitions in and out Vogue are so smooth and genius in my opinion)

3. Like a Virgin (she had so much fun here and it was infectious)

4. Material Girl (the trap arrangement is sexy as hell)

5. Latin Medley (sue me....I liked it)

OK, my list is not in order, but:

- "Intro + Iconic"  - it's obvious, the 'are you with me?' moment, M. in a cage, for me one of her best tour opener

- "Dress You Up Medley" - I wasn't a fan of this version watching it on youtube before seeing the show, but when I was standing in front of Madonna herself having fun, those amazing smiling dancers, loud music - I loved it.

- "Unapologetic Bitch" - was I the only one practicing dance routine before the show dreaming that "tonight I'll be an unapologetic bitch of the evening!"...?

- "Candy Shop" - I'm surpised that almost everyone in this thread mentions this song, when everyone was like "God, please no  Candy Shop this time!" before the tour started. Comparing three tour versions (S&ST, MDNA, RHT) this is me favourite and one of the highlights of the show.

- "Holy Water" - remember when I was watching live stream of the opening night from Montreal, I couldn't believe what I saw - it's crazy, but it is pure Madonna: religious, scandalous, sexy.

1. True Blue - The romantic acoustic version of the classic is enough to make people fall in love and have that nostalgia feeling (Note that the last time she sang the song was during her Who's That Girl World Tour)

2. Like a Virgin - The remix version gives the oldie but goodie life and energy.

3. Material Girl - Better than the original... it's it's dark, melodious and awesome.

4. Holy Water/Vogue - Shocking, jaw-opening and oh, so scandalous in the right way.

5. Flamenco Medley (Dress You Up/ Into The Groove/ Lucky Star/ Everybody) - A medley full of classics mixed with a Latin vibe to it. It makes me wanna grab my maracas and dance to it.

1. Living For Love- Madonna the Matador of Romance

2. Material Girl- Madonna the Player dripping in crystals.

3. B*tch I'm Madonna- Madonna the Party Crasher

4. Like A Virgin- Madonna the Queen Reinventing

5. Holy Water/Vogue- And lastly, Madonna the Erotic Nun

Rebel Heart was my first time keeping up and being current with her and I enjoyed it. Sure there was a ton singing over audio tracks and the DVD has a lot of autotuning but only Madonna could do half of what she did up there and still not break a leg.