Madonna: MDNA (Poll)

angelamanda623

Madonna: MDNA (Poll)  

55 members voted

1. 1. Which hit from MDNA sets you on fire?

• Girl Gone Wild
    • Gang Bang
    • I'm Addicted
    • Turn Up The Radio
    • Give Me All Your Luvin'
    • Some Girls
    • Superstar
    • I Don't Give A
    • I'm A Sinner
    • Love Spent
    • Masterpiece
    • Falling Free
    • Beautiful Killer
    • I Fucked Up
    • B-Day Song
    • Best Friend

This was my daughter's first real experience with new Madonna material, and she LOVED it.  (I'm not sure whether that's a good or a bad thing considering what a violent turn M took on this album; oh hell, who am I kidding?, it was a good thing.)  The album that sparked the electric tour of the same name, it's hard to deny.  

I'm going to give a shout out to a song that has been getting a lot of heat off of this board lately:  "I Don't Give A".  This is the cut off of this album for me.  How can it be so hated?  I just don't get it; I refuse to get it.  I remember seeing her perform it at the tour (in Washington DC) and I was thrown back.  Haters keep hating, my mind will not be changed.

What song do you stand by on this album?  Why?

Posted Image

I also dont understand the hate MDNA is always receiving.. Its one of my favs too and I like the impersonal cold electric feel it has. Voted for "Love Spent" bc its one of the best Madonna songs from the 10s, but it was hard to choose. 😫 "Girl Gone Wild" or "I Dont Give A" would of been second.

I never liked this album a first but I kinda love it now.

Lovespent is my fave and I think it would have worked great as a single.

Other highlights are GGW, I'm Addicted and Im a Sinner.

I like all the other songs except TUTR and I Don't Give A. Actually, I don't give a F*** about I Don't Give A. 😂

I never liked this album a first but I kinda love it now.Lovespent is my fave and I think it would have worked great as a single.Other highlights are GGW, I'm Addicted and Im a Sinner.I like all the other songs except TUTR and I Don't Give A. Actually, I don't give a F*** about I Don't Give A.

Wow, our first disagreement Stevie, lol.   :scary:  :cryin:  :laughing:

The biggest flaw in MDNA is Martin Solveig, don't know why M absolutely wanted to work with him, not to be mean but that guy is just talentless?  :(

Without his songs this album would've been almost perfect, Girl Gone Wild, Gang Bang, Love Spent, Falling Free are brillant! <3

I guess most will choose one of the Orbit songs so I'll go with I I I I I I I'm Addicted, love the energy of this one, how it kept building and building and the live version is just awesome!   :luv:

The biggest flaw in MDNA is Martin Solveig, don't know why the hell M absolutely wanted to work with him, not to be mean but that guy is just talentless?  :(

Bad move IMO. Without his songs this album would've been almost perfect, Girl Gone Wild, Gang Bang, Love Spent, Falling Free are brillant! â¤ï¸

I guess most will choose one of the Orbit songs so I'll go with I I I I I I I'm Addicted, love the energy of this one, how it kept building and building and the live version is just awesome!   :luv:

I think Turn Up the Radio, I Don't Give A and Beautiful Killer are too good to brush him off. I even think I Fucked Up is good sometimes but they are weaker compared to Orbits.

The one song I listen to and definitely tugs at my heart strings - "I fucked up" - there are definite flaws and some arrangements I dont like but overall love her voice on this one.

#2 would be Im Addicted. WOW - love this track.

Martin Solveigs tracks arent good on MDNA but he makes such good music otherwise.  I have to assume maybe they didnt have a good creative spark.  

Why couldnt he and madonna put out a track that sounds like his new single?! It's soooo damn good and Madonna could kill this track with her vocals: 

Like many, I never understood (and probably never will) the hate MDNA got and still getting. I think it's a really great album, the only problem are the singles. After 4 years, I still say the same thing: If ''I'm Addicted'' was released as the first single, the story would be something completely different, that song has it all!

Picking my favorite, it was a fight between ''Some Girls'' (yes, I love that freaking song and I believe it's fantastic) and the mentioned above...''I'm Addicted'' won!

Love Spent is my favorite song off the album but I love others for completely different reasons. Overall though I love the mixed emotions in Love Spent and the rare glimpse into her vunrable side. I think a balance of thought and emotion makes for a more Interesting song and Madonna Is wonderful at that. Drowned World comes to mind. Falling Free (Which I love) shows much more of her vunerable side and I am surprised she left it on the album.

Masterpiece is beautiful and a little sad. I'm A Sinner is fun. Give Me All Your Luvin is clever, Some Girls is wonderfully scathing. I'm Addicted. It's definitely not a boring album.

Releasing emotions in an artistic expression is not childish. It's definitely a healthy productive way of dealing with them.

I love the album.

• 11 months later...