RebelHeARTPOP

Which is your favorite decade of her iconic career  

42 members voted

1. 1. Favorite Decade?

• 80's
    • 90's
    • 00's
    • 10's

This ranking has nothing to do with any critic, sales, or score. Just me and my impressions on the music. I'm going at this only with how each album is in my own personal eyes, no two will be alike, no two need correlate because this is based on each users own opinion!!

• [*]True Blue [*]Confessions On A Dance Floor [*]American Life [*]Ray Of Light [*]Like A Prayer [*]Rebel Heart [*]Erotica [*]Madonna [*]Like A Virgin [*]Hard Candy [*]MDNA [*]Music [*]Bedtime Stories

Best decade? Was torn between. 90s and 00s but went with 00s.Reasons:-Music-American Life (obviously!!)-COADF (not necessarily in my top 5 albums of hers, but it's still pretty great)-Drowned World Tour-Reinvention Tour-Confessions Tour-I think she looked great more consistently in her 40s & into the early 50s, more so than the previous decades. I also think motherhood had a fantastic effect in her.Other decades were great (well 80s & 90s) but weren't as consistent for me, with albums, tours, singles, looks etc that I didn't feel as much.

Best decade 2000s tbqh, I hope she hasnt forgotten it  :monkey:

1. Confessions On A Dance Floor (Not sure if its my favourite-favourite, but its my favourite POP era)

2. American Life (My favourite vibe musically, probably tied with COADF)

3. Music (consistent amazing album and less pretentious than its predecessor)

4. Erotica (kick ass album and era)

5. Like A Prayer (top notch music and singles and message and everything tbh)

6. Ray Of Light (Has some of her highest artistic peaks ever, but its a bit inconsistent and um pretentious)

7. Rebel Heart (lots of good songs but too trend chasing and some bad filler songs tbqh but shes on the right direction)

8. Bedtime Stories (Amazing singles, but i never liked the nonsingles too much)

9. MDNA (The music might not be her best but Im fond of this era )

10. Hard Candy (A bit dull, pretty much a divorce album so it is good when u look at it that way)

11. Like A Virgin (awesome sophomore album)

12. Madonna (an AMAZING beginners album)

13. True Blue (Amazing singles but some cheesy album tracks)

I really respect her 80s music, but to me she matured as a person and as an artist more and more later on, despite that those were perhaps her most significant and succesful when it comes to her career, they defined her youth but theres more to life than youth.

• 4 weeks later...
01 Erotica
02 Madonna
03 Ray of Light
04 Music
05 Rebel Heart
06 True Blue
07 American Life
08 Confessions on a Dancefloor
09 Hard Candy
10 MDNA
11 Like a Prayer
12 Like a Virgin
13 Bedtime Stories

And for me it was Erotia - Confessions was hands down her strongest part musically but I mean I will not deny the power of the Blonde Ambition/LAP and Vogue (there wasn't anyone who could touch that hype!).

13.  Bedtime Stories

12.  Rebel Heart

11.  True Blue

and top 10:

10.  Ray Of Light

09.  Confessions On A Dance Floor

08.  Hard Candy

07.  Erotica

06.  Like A Prayer

05.  MDNA

04.  Madonna

03.  American Life

02.  Like A Virgin

01.  Music

But, boy, was that hard!!  (No pun intended  :angel: )

Best decade 2000s but I listen to albums depending on my mood of course… I tend to think she releases a great album and the following isn't as great with huge tracks but rest of album is just fillers …. 

1. Confessions On A Dance Floor (Thank God it's all dance and no ballads here!!) Best Concert too,

2. In the Beginning with Otto Von Wernherr- So Innovative! WOW-- JUST KIDDING!! American Life - Love the title track and loved the rap-- and has some amazing tracks and lyrics…

3. Erotica (hated the video the first time I saw it then it grew on me) - Madonna at her best but shame the CD was underrated by the whole SEX book , Body of Evidence ..(yawn)

4. Like A Prayer - (need to explain?) (Whaddaya mean its not in the computer??)

5. Madonna - she casted a spell on me with Holiday and here I am worshipping her… despite few stumbles and falls!!! 

6. Ray Of Light (The Queen has been crowned! And Orbit has been knighted!!!) 

7. Rebel Heart (DIPLO ROCKS, One of her best comebacks, but she should choose 1st singles releases and followings of course more carefully) - BUBULA, Don't get me starter on some of the silly tracks lyrics fillers!!! I strongly believe because the album leaking, she had at least 7 singles to promote and to make the leak a money making machine hidden tracks on the officials cd!! hahaha that'd be awesome!! 

Just had a flashback when an Italian magazine reviewed Santa Baby (A Very Special Christmas 1987) the reviewer wrote that Madonna unconsciously and without even realizing it, she gave us her best track to date!! Sure! Mental Retardville POPULATION: him! --- It cracks me still this review!!!

…. 

For me, her best decade was the 90's. Too many risks, but so f*cking many excelent projects.

And my ranking, here it is:

13 Hard Candy
12 MDNA 
11 Like A Virgin
10 True Blue
09 Like A Prayer
08 Bedtime Stories
07 American Life
06 Madonna
05 Ray Of Light
04 Music
03 Confessions On A Dance Floor *
02 Rebel Heart **
01 Erotica *

*Both COAFD and Erotica were there with my in a very special moment in my life: My puberty and my pre-Coming Out. They taught me to not be afraid to be who i am.**As for Rebel Heart, i regained faith for her as an artist (after HC and MDNA). Rebel Heart Tour was the first time i've ever seen her live. So many beautiful memories  :heart:  

This was so hard to do. To put the album with Vogue on the bottom! Also I don't think I can be completely unbiased, seeing as the first three albums I didn't really experience on their own. They kind of all got lumped together in the Immaculate Collection for me. And I think by default the newer music gets more love from me because it's newer. Ill shut up now.   :Madonna021:

• [*]Confessions On A Dance Floor [*]American Life [*]Music [*]Ray Of Light [*]Erotica [*]Like A Prayer [*]Bedtime Stories [*]Hard Candy [*]MDNA [*]Rebel Heart [*]True Blue [*]Madonna [*]Like A Virgin [*]I'm Breathless

Just curious...I'm not on a Tori board but I love her. What do her fans consider her best? I feel like mine may be different. 

Choirgirl

Scarlet's Walk

Venus 

Strange Little Girls

Pele

It's so funny to me to finally be a Madonna board because like the Tori Amos board the top albums seemed to unanimous and like her slumps were generally everyone's. I love that. 

Best decade... 80s. Even though my fav album is from the 90s, it was in the 80s where I became a fan

1. Erotica (Brilliant album, a pinnacle of my youth... and her best 'era')

2. Ray of Light (Possibly her most timeless work)

3. Like a Prayer (this was when Madonna the artist was truly born)

4. I'm Breathless (This is still an album, I don't regard it to be a soundtrack... and I adore it)

5. Like a Virgin (Pretender really should have been a single)

6. True Blue (the album that made me a fan)

7. Madonna / First Album (cheesy, but theres nothing better than 80s cheese)

8. Bedtime Stories (a little patchy, but some of her best tracks on this one)

9. Music (when Madonna the artist began to fade)

10. Confessions on a Dance floor

11. American Life (she tried so hard with this one, but it came off patchy, contrived, and egotistical)

12. MDNA (It grew tired fast)

13. Rebel Heart (The demos were far far superior to the released record. A disaster mismanaged)

14. Hard Candy (utter shite, I try to pretend this one never happened)