Mark "Spike" Stent mixing new album ?

OceanBlue

Take it with a (huge) pinch of salt, but according to the singer of the Italian band The Kolors, Mark "Spike" Stent is finishing the new Madonna album.

The band released this huge debut album, all sung in English. They are touring now, but they even want to start recording the new album. So, the journalist asks him: whom would you like to work with [on the next album]? and he says: I like how Mark "Spike" Stent works, he is a mixed and a producer, too. We're waiting for him: he's now busy putting the final touches to the new Madonna album

So, it's not clear if this is true (maybe Mark "Spike" Stent does not want to work with them and use the Madonna card to acoid them?), it's not clear what kind of album it is (Rebel Heart Tour ? New songs album?), but here it is !

Let's start the speculations !  :lol:

Here's what he says in Italian.

Infatti, speriamo di ricevere presto la conferma da un signore che si chiama Mark "Spike" Stent, un mixer "ibrido" perchè anche attento alla produzione. E' uno dei miei miti dal punto di vista della "fonia". Speriamo che la sua risposta sia positiva: nel frattempo sta finendo il disco nuovo di Madonna..."

Here's the complete article:

http://www.rockol.it/news-657425/the-kolors-concerti-intervista

What is going on?  :lord: Also does she have a seperate producer for the live LPs? I am sure like Stuart took over some of the tracks not his on Re-Invention and Confessions but this I don't know. Bringing a big name producer for the live album seems silly and unheard of right?

Also I give made props to Grimes for sticking it to producers wanting to mess with her stuff - thought totally solo endeavour but Mark had some mixing and man all the rest of them. Spice Girls!  :jamming:

What is going on?  :lord: Also does she have a seperate producer for the live LPs? I am sure like Stuart took over some of the tracks not his on Re-Invention and Confessions but this I don't know. Bringing a big name producer for the live album seems silly and unheard of it right?

Stuart was the musical director of those tours so it was a very wise idea for him to handle the live releases.

Considering the poor mixing on S&S and MDNA Tour releases it would be more than welcome if they brought in a tru pro (Stent is a legend), but it seems unlikely.

Funny, I was reading an interview with him just this week, and was wondering why they didn't work together anymore (he mixed all of her albums between BS and HC) and quite frankly is a major reason why with the last albums so many have been obsessed with the poor mastering quality (the BIM change in volume would not have hapened under his helm) So if he's mixing the live album I'm super exited!!! But don't forget he is mostly known for his engineering and mixing, not production, so if true it's likely to be the live album.

I think Madonna may switch up her game and drop an Album on us. She said good things were coming, and I doubt she was talking about the DVD. 

I have learned not to take her instagram too seriously. She could be talking about the DVD, or not even be talking about anything specific.