Confessions On A Dance Floor - #1 (1 week) | 37 weeks
I'm Going To Tell You A Secret - #33 | 4 weeks
The Confessions Tour - #15 | 6 weeks
Hard Candy - #1 (1 week) | 30 weeks
Celebration - #7 | 17 weeks 

The Sticky and Sweet Tour- #10 | 4 weeks
MDNA - #1 | 13 weeks
MDNA Tour - #90 | 1 week

I'm still shocked how LAP didn't sell better. I remember early '89 and LIKE A PRAYER was huge. The single did quite well, but I guess people didn't run out to buy the album like with her previous studio albums. A lot of great music was out at the same time, so she had a lot of competition, but she did with previous albums as well.

Well, I enjoyed Hard Candy and MDNA just as much as I did COADF. So I guess it's all pretty subjective. I don't equate a good album with scoring #1 albums or singles. I equate it to if I enjoy it and not what the general public is thinking. I can't think of one artist especially that has been entertaining as long as she has released an album every time and won over the general public. She still does quite well for herself 30 years in. Can't say the same about a lot of other entertainers who have been around half the time she's been around.

• 2 weeks later...

http://todayinmadonnahistory.com/2014/07/03/today-in-madonna-history-july-3-1987/
On July 3, 1987, Madonna accepted a rare Canadian Diamond Award at a press conference in Toronto on the eve of her sold-out concert at CNE Stadium. The certification award was presented by WEA Music Canada president Stan Kulin to mark over one million units sold of the True Blue album in Canada.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

425 charted weeks for The Immaculate Collection, between the initial run of 141 weeks on the BB 200 and 284 in the catalog top 50. Outside of Tapestry, I don't think there's a female album that's enjoyed such a catalog top 50 run.

9/5 Billboard Charts:

www.billboard.com/biz/charts/the-billboard-200

The Billboard 200[/size]

187 re-entry The Immaculate Collection, Madonna, 143 weeks

www.billboard.com/biz/charts/pop-catalog

Top Pop Catalog[/size]

38 re-entry The Immaculate Collection, Madonna, 284 weeks

• 4 months later...

The Immaculate Collection goes up to #49 in the Billboard 200!

http://drownedmadonna.com/the-immaculate-collection-goes-up-to-49-in-the-billboard-200/20160125

What a great way to start a new week! The Immaculate Collection, Madonna‘s first greatest hits (best-selling compilation album by a solo artist and one of the best selling albums of all time), goes up 118 places to #49 in the Billboard 200!

TIC sold 11,132 equivalent album units (album sales + track sales + audio streams), 9,818 of which are pure album sales. 7,165 are digital track sales and 898,076 the track streams.

Source: https://www.ukmix.org/forums/index.php

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

some of her albums are much more appreciated now rather than when they were first released ? Erotica is a good example of that imo :) Look how crazy fans go over demos from that album ? Shame x

I get what you mean, but many fans loved Erotica back then too, but the record was "too much" for the average music listener. 1992 was a total different time.

I get what you mean, but many fans loved Erotica back then too, but the record was "too much" for the average music listener. 1992 was a total different time.

I think it was way over looked because of the SEX book which M did realise and i think at the time she regretted putting them out at the same time - this album so needs a re-release with the unheard/remastered demos ? another wasted release opportunity :((