S&S DVD = Great Video Awful Audio

madonnaultimate

I mean really awful. Probably the actual recordings must have been very bad judging from the S&S performances overall. It's true that vocally M was really off in this tour. But to make it worse they made a really bad job mixing the audio with pre recorded tracks, the live feel was just gone.

That makes me wonder sometimes, M and her team work really hard on the tours and in general but cannot dedicate a day or week to fix stuff like that, especially when they get officially released?

i hope we get a bad ass Rebel Heart Tour show this time around, M was amazing vocally :)

I mean really awful. Probably the actual recordings must have been very bad judging from the S&S performances overall. It's true that vocally M was really off in this tour. But to make it worse they made a really bad job mixing the audio with pre recorded tracks, the live feel was just gone.

That makes me wonder sometimes, M and her team work really hard on the tours and in general but cannot dedicate a day or week to fix stuff like that, especially when they get officially released?

i hope we get a bad ass Rebel Heart Tour show this time around, M was amazing vocally :)

I want a dvd like mdna (in terms of audio)

they only fixed her live voice

S&S is probably the most visually pleasing concert that she had realized. But the audio mixing is HORRENDOUS! Just listen to Borderline on the DVD, and then listen to the screen footage that leaked. For RHT I just don't want them to over dub the audio, and to not used the Instagram style filters that they used on MDNA.

I just want Confessions level of professionality and talent again. I don't care if fast-cuts aren't everyone's cup of tea, the quality of that release is undeniable. It won a grammy for a reason! It's just that I don't expect Jonas Akerlund to come and do every video of this era, I'm sure he's got other things to do.

Sticky & Sweet is a wannabe Confessions in terms of image, but what's missing is the grand perfected vision. There were a lot of missed opportunities with what could've been great shots. I knew that show like the palm of my hand and I knew which bits needed what type of shots for full effect.... but I didn't complain because honestly it was OK, the problem with the video is mostly that she looks so airbrushed and glowy lol. The audio is embarrasing. I can't watch this show in front of other people because its just... its just really embarrasing. It's bizarre. I was there that night, and yes she sounded awful on a couple of songs, mainly on Borderline but she could've easily replaced with vocals from another show, instead of the buchered re-recording she did. I'm still hoping more soundboards will leak so we can replace the bigger offenders.

MDNA Tour, had crappy video, but it wasn't just the filters which are fine (though they overdid them) but the bad camera work all around. I don't know what hack company she hired but on both Olympia and MDNA Tour you have badly set up cameras that shake a lot, and no one bothered to correct that on post-production. The audio was fine, acceptable, realistic. I had no real problem with the audio....

I really hope that someone's listening, but honestly she's gonna work with the exact same people that baffled us with these badly done releases so It's normal that I'm afraid for RHT and ToAC. 

no one talks about Drowned World Tour 2001 and that release was awesome for its time too

I think that nothing will be better than The Confessions Tour, because that show was perfect from beginning to end. the selected songs, the rework on them, the stage, the band, the dancers, the flow of the show... when seen live, I guess it was amazing. the Rebel Heart show seemed rushed.

I think the S&S Tour (BRD) is great talking about the video, it looks great I was hoping the MDNA was as clear as the S&S was, when I attended it in Mexico City, and I didn't care about the Lyp-synch songs like 'GGW' (It's one of my favorite ever), because I love  recordings to watch like it was live (When I watched the Sticky & Sweet BRD, for example, I noticed the rain during 'Human Nature' ( I don't remember watched it on the DVD ver.) but the audio is obviously odd beacause yo hear M-dolla singing the song in a perfect way, but if you keep hearing, the echoes sounds like the real live audio of her voice (Very funny to me) And I thank very much that they corrected the main vocal, because when I play that concert in public, is better to hear better vocals than real Madonna singin', 

I think she sounds real and good for example in  the 'Confessions Tour' even in 'Drowned World tour' or 'Girlie Show' but I Prefer edited vocals on 'S&S' than the original, I watched It on Front row and it was horrible to hear (It was my first M Live and I loved it, but her vocals was very LQ) I Love the video quality in the BRD and the fixed audio, I think it was over processed and prefer for example the ' CT' audio but, hearing the edited is better than the live audio. (Very Personal opinion)

Yes hearing the edited audio from Confessions is probably better, but on Sticky and Sweet? Any bootleg or soundboard from a different date in which she sounds ok is better than the hilarious fake replacement vocals she did. Madonna has never ever sung like that live. It's a lack of self awareness that she did that and thought it would look fine.

They did that on Confessions Tour DVD already, lot of re-recorded vocals added, i.e. Hung Up.

I think a lot of fans don't seem to understand that post-Re-Invention Tour due to the style she sings on her albums, Madonna has backing tapes throughout the show which leads to a "double vocal" heard a lot of times and that cannot be presented on an official live recording.

And she's been dancing/moving more since DWT and RIT which leads to worse vocals, even CT was a victim of that, as I said in another thread, she sounds considerably bad on the 8/27 Paris show, NOTHING like the CD/DVD!

True, Borderline sticks out like a sore thumb but the rest is perfectly fine and could not have handled better. I would also like to remind everyone that Human Nature on MDNA World Tour DVD has a strinkingly similar vocal to S&ST DVD.

So basically, anyone who expects Rebel Heart Tour not to receive the same kind of treatment is fooling themselves.

I think a lot of fans don't seem to understand that post-Re-Invention Tour due to the style she sings on her albums, Madonna has backing tapes throughout the show which leads to a "double vocal" heard a lot of times and that cannot be presented on an official live recording.

Ok that is the slips up I saw on video of the MDNA and RH tours. Although and I say this all the time Madonna is a great singer but the general public considers lip sync but when has that ever been true? Listen during Blond Ambition it's the rare stuff like the Super Bowel where mostly everyone lip syncs, respect it. 

Britney doesn't have a bad voice but having people go to Vegas watch a full set of mimed vocals (once just gracefully over SIAs). I love Britney but girl just sing even the ballad parts.

Who cares about what the general public thinks? These live releases are for the fans, they sell peanuts compared to her albums and since Rebel Heart sold poorly it's still not even a definite thing we're getting a physical release of this show but that's another subject. The point is her vocals need to be cleaned up, at the venue you can't notice bad notes and backing tapes as on an audience recording.

The confessions tour audio mix and the DWT is by far the best live mixes of the sound for a release. The MDNA lacked sonically, i think they tried to adapt the current sound which is "less is more" kinda mindset but they did it in a very bad way.

How wonderful would be for M's team to hold a competition and hire 5 fans to mix her video and audio? I mean they would do the best job :)))

The S&S audio edition is truly awful. You have these perfect vocals throughout the show but can hear the echo of the real mic feed on some of the songs and it just looks ridiculous. And then you get to Hung Up which sounds like it's a completely different person singing it's so odd.

The video edition is great, I'd dare to say her best but the audio left a lot to be desired. Still, it's better mixed than the MDNA audio, which sounds like you're using those super cheap earphones from 1999.