Tears of a Clown Special, Melbourne [Thur March 10th 2016]

At first I thought she was just gonna do stand up comedy and sing with her guitar by herself. 

But she's gonna have her band & backup singers with her!   :Madonna016:  :Madonna024:  :Madonna018:  :Madonna014:  :Madonna013:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCun_MnMD1u/

rickeypageotDay deux of#TearsOfAClown rehearsals in #Melbourne#Australia @madonna #PopUpShow#RebelHeartTour #RebelHeartPianist#NoFilter S/O to @masterdynamic for the#headphones

Posted Image

At first I thought she was just gonna do stand up comedy and sing with her guitar by herself. 

tbh i think i'll love this show but the huge screen in the back has me like :/

do you remember the American Life Promo Tour? a small stage, in even smaller places, just M and the band, copletely live, with no screens nor anything... that's what I hoped to see, something more organic.

anyway, I know this show will be great and I believe in M and her artistic vision.

PS: please bring back Nothing Fails.

Madonna faithful camp out in Melbourne

Melissa Iaria March 9, 2016, 12:17 pm

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/31053191/madonna-faithful-camp-out-in-melbourne/?cmp=st

They are among Madonna's most extreme fans, camping on the concrete for two nights to secure the best spot at her secret Melbourne show.

Israel Henriques, of Perth, has seen the superstar perform 138 times.

"By the end of the tour, it will be 145," he told AAP.

"She's a very expensive woman, isn't she guys?" he says to the other hardcore fans he's camped on the Forum Theatre steps with since Tuesday night.

The intimate Thursday show, Tears of A Clown, is exclusively for Madonna's Icon fan club winners. It will fuse music, art and comedy in the 1500-capacity theatre.

The Material Girl tweeted it was a "small gift for Australia for being so patient" after her 23-year absence.

Madonna is in Australia for her Rebel Heart tour, which kicks off on Saturday in Melbourne.

Israel, and the other fans, follow Madonna's tours around the world.

The secret Melbourne show is general admission, so he will be racing to the front row to get as close as he can to the singer he's loved since his teens.

"I've always admired how she says it how it is," Israel said.

"We know each other. We're on a first name basis."

Jenny Crooks is here from the UK. She says the star's inspiring lyrics helped her through her younger years.

"The more I've gotten to see her up close, and you get to look in her eyes and get some engagement, then that's what I want to continue to do," she says. "Get close to that person who's given me so much."

Michael Franz, from Germany, planned to come Down Under just to see Madonna but ended up staying for a working holiday.

"Each time when I get to interact with her or when she touches my hand, that's awesome," he says.

But the biggest buzz came last tour when she struck up a conversation with him.

"That was the first time she really interacted with me," he said.

"It took me hours to come down from that high."

Scotsman Jonathan Pert got off the plane Wednesday morning.

"I'm here purely for Madonna," he said.

"I would never have missed this, I think it's a once in a lifetime.

"I don't think my work was really thrilled, but I'll make it up to them."

I'm sure this guy is yanking our chain!  :drama:  :bothered:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/742038099228946/permalink/926751800757574/

MichaÅ‚ Chrusciel im in aussie and i heard some rehersals

MichaÅ‚ Chrusciel i can confirm she rehersed im so stupid love spent joan of arc and nobody perfect

Drowned Madonna just posted the rehearsed songs Posted Image Looks like MichaÅ‚ Chrusciel  wasn't kidding after all! 

Tears of a Clown: Songs rehearsed by Madonna

http://drownedmadonna.com/tears-of-a-clown-songs-rehearsed-by-madonna/20160309

Apparently, among the songs that Madonna rehearsed for her Tears of Clown show there are: I’m So Stupid, Nobody’s Perfect, Love Spent and Joan of Arc.

This is what fellow Madonna’s fansite Madonnaonline.com.br reports.

Posted Image

Fans in a flap as Madonna Does Melbourne tonight in her mysterious intimate club show

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/tours/fans-in-a-flap-as-madonna-does-melbourne-tonight-in-her-mysterious-intimate-club-show/news-story/2d24f61c9e2b2d12eb67382c7da8b9d4

NICOLE Condos has waited 23 years to catch Madonna’s attention tonight.

The Melbourne publicist and event manager was one of the lucky fan club members to win a free ticket to Madonna’s Forum Theatre show tonight — her first Australian performance since 1993.

Condos will wear a dress she’s had made to be identical to the one Madonna wears in her Rebel Heart tour.

“It’s like a 1940s blingy flapper dress on diamante steroids,†Condos said. “My goal in life is to meet Madonna. I want to be the person she gets on stage during Unapologetic Bitch. I’ve thought about that moment a lot. I want to tell her how much I love her and how much her music has meant to me.â€

Condos’ love of Madonna started when she saw the Material Girl video as a kid; four years ago she started the Madonna Australia page on social media.

“It’s an opportunity for like-minded fans to celebrate our common passion. As Madonna said music brings the people together.â€

However like all Madonna fans, Condos is in the dark about what will unfold at tonight’s Tears of a Clown show.

Madonna has been rehearsing the show — which promises to feature the superstar doing stand up comedy as well as live music and performance art — since arriving into Melbourne on Monday.

Madonna’s manager Guy Oseary sent fans into a spin yesterday by uploading a photo of him meeting with Kylie Minogue in Melbourne.

Fans hoped it meant the Queen and Princess of pop could finally be sharing a stage; however it is believed Minogue has now returned to London.

“I don’t know what to expect, which is a first,†Condos said. “I follow what’s happening on the tour, I usually know what to expect costume-wise and set list-wise, but all we have heard is that it’s quite theatrical and it’s not your typical Madonna concert.

“I don’t know what we’re instore for but Madonna doesn’t do things by halves so I’m sure we’re set for a treat.â€

Condos said Madonna showcased her stand-up routine on Jimmy Fallon’s US talk show last year.

“She’s hinted at wanting to get into comedy. She’s always pushing boundaries, this isn’t something she’s done before. It’ll be interesting to see how funny she is and if we’re all laughing just because it’s Madonna and that’s what she wants us to do. It’s going to be full of her diehard fans, which is great. It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity.â€

Condos calculates she has spent $20,000 flying to three international tours (that bypassed Australia) as well as tickets for Melbourne and Brisbane concerts on this tour as well as Madonna memorabilia.

“Madonna tickets aren’t cheap but you’re getting a world class show from the most successful female artist in history. You pay for what you get.â€

Like many Australian Madonna fans, Condos hopes Madonna will acknowledge the last five tours that have bypassed down under and include more hits for this final leg of the Rebel Heart world tour.

“Because she has skipped us for the tours of a few albums we are a little bit out of touch. People do what to hear the old stuff. I understand that. With any luck Like a Prayer or Express Yourself will get thrown in as an a cappella surprise.â€

Condos’ partner on the Madonna Australia operation is Matt Tyler, from Sydney.

The lifelong Madonna fan will fly into Melbourne today for the Tears of a Clownshow.

“Madonna has never done anything like this in her career, it’s a special gift for Australian fans, it’s a completely unique show and anything is possible,†Tyler said. “I’m expecting a lot of surprise songs, story telling, fan interactions and lots of laughs. It will be an amazing night.â€

Tyler’s love of Madonna started in 1986 when he was 10 and his mother played theTrue Blue and Open Your Heart music videos.

“I’ve loved almost everything she’s done — as she’s evolved since 1986 so have I so it’s been one big journey. There’s eras I love the most like Erotica, Like A Prayerand the current Rebel Heart era but overall I love everything.â€

Tyler has monitored the Rebel Heart setlists around the world, where the superstar has randomly dropped classic including Take a Bow, Crazy For You, Frozen, Secretand Like a Prayer in certain shows.

Sydney fan Matt Tyler has one of Australia’s biggest Madonna collections. Picture: SuppliedSource:Supplied

“Australia is getting hits we’ve never seen for this tour like Burning Up, Material Girl, Music and True Blue. I’d love to see Hung Up or Ray Of Light performed in Australia. The Madonna shows have a great mix of classic hits and the current album and Madonna has never been a ‘greatest hits’ artist so fans expect this mix each tour.â€

Tyler flew to London to see the Rebel Heart show in December and was granted an audience with Guy Oseary.

He did a photo shoot and interview for an unknown future project Oseary is working on.

“Guy is one of the nicest people you could meet,†Tyler said. “He’s very appreciative of the support of Madonna’s fans and is great to talk to. Guy is active on social media and is aware of the disappointment of Australian fans over the years and I believe that’s one of the reasons we are getting this special show — for our loyalty and patience.

“Madonna as we know is very excited to be coming back to Australia — we gave her her first Top 5 hit (Holiday) and her first No. 1 hit (Like A Virgin went No. 1 in Australia one week before the USA) thanks to Molly Meldrum after all and Australian fans have always been supportive despite the absence of tours since 1993.â€

Tyler and Condos both insist Madonna Australia is a negativity free zone and refuse to post gossip items or stories about Madonna’s personal life.

“Madonna fans are very passionate and while the fans who support Madonna Australia may not always agree, everyone is respectful,†Tyler said. “Australian Madonna fans are among the most loyal Madonna fans in the world. Madonna Australia is the No. 1 Australian fan page so we ensure we promote and celebrate Madonna as an artist and respect her privacy as she gives us so much with her career.â€

Melbourne’s Michaela Skilney was eight when Madonna toured Australia in 1993.

“My mum wouldn’t let me go because the content was too provocative. I’ve been holding a massive grudge against my mum for 23 years and now I can finally let her live that down I’m finally seeing Madonna live.â€

Skilney, a lifetime Madonna fan club member, also wangled tickets to the Tears of a Clown show.

“It’s such a rare thing,†she said. “We’ve spent so long waiting for her to come back to Australia and it’s all worth it for the lucky people who have a ticket to this one off gig she’s doing for us.â€

Tomorrow night Chapel Off Chapel in Prahran will hold a free Madonna tribute night, as a warm up for Saturday and Sunday’s Rebel Heart shows at Rod Laver Arena.

A string of artists from local musical productions will perform Madonna songs, as well as Melbourne artist Supergirly, aka Lulu McClatchy.

“I’ve always loved Madonna and her songs and her reinvention,†McClatchy said. “She’s so popular with so many people from different generations. There aren’t many artists you could do a tribute like this for.â€

McClatchy has something special to set her aside from most fans — she performed for Madonna in London in the mid 1990s.

“I was working at a restaurant in London and got invited to a party Madonna was going to be at. Naturally I thought she wouldn’t be there, it was a terrace house in Earls Court. But there she was, sitting on the couch with just a few people.â€

Supergirly’s Lulu McClatchy and musical theatre star Ana Mitsikas get into the groove. Picture: SuppliedSource:Supplied

When McClatchy arrived, the host told her to hide in the bedroom because she would be the night’s entertainment. He always warned her that the previous year Madonna pulled the plug on a guitarist because she didn’t like his performance.

“Luckily she got into it and clapped along,†McClatchy says. “I wasn’t allowed to sing any Madonna songs, so I did Hanson and the Spice Girls, because it was the ‘90s. Afterwards she said to me ‘Do you always sing covers or do you have your own songs?’ and I said ‘I have to go where the money is’ and she said she remembered those days.â€

However McClatchy said the Queen of Pop was a touch frosty.

“Her boyfriend at the time was a guy called Andrew (Bird), who she dated before she met Guy Ritchie. I remember Andrew was talking to me and Madonna yelled out ‘Andrew! Come here and stand by me! Everyone seemed a bit on edge around her, they laughed when she laughed, made sure she was happy. I’ve met a few big celebrities, Elton John was the opposite, everyone around him has been working with him for so long they’re like family. I was nervous I’d say the wrong thing, you could tell she might switch on a dime.â€

Doors for the Tears of a Clown show open at 8.30pm tonight, however sources say Madonna may not hit the stage until after 10pm.

Real setlist?

updated setlist from madonnaonline

http://madonnaonline.com.br/2016/03/09/informacoes-sobre-o-pocket-show-tears-of-a-clown/

Madonna is doing at that moment another test for your pocket new exclusive show Tears of a Clown, which will be presented tomorrow, 10 / March at the Forum Theatre for a small group of fans in Melbourne, Australia.

Our friend Ricky Beirão is in the queue and sends unique information. Madonna has rehearsed the songs: 

Nobody's Perfect 

Intervention 

I'm so stupid 

Love spent 

Do not tell me 

Borderline 

Take a bow 

Holiday 

Joan of Arc

* Intervention is a song made for the son Rocco. Detail to then sing I'm So Stupid. The show seems to be a work for, and present the fans, display the time of life that Madonna has passed. Promises to surprise and thrill!

Some photos below. More details soon.

Posted ImagePosted Image