I Am Almost 100% Sure Melbourne Will Get the DVD

Future Lover

Posting this once was enough IMO  :lol:

Plus, this page doesn't seem very reliable to me.

I posted three different times because it affects to all the three post. I don't know if this page it's reliable or not, but at date, what it says is what it's happening. They are saying that they have an e-mail from Live Nation Australia. What the difference is with the others who say that someone has said that someone has written or has heard something from someone...?

What about if I say that I was the one who received this e-mail?

I posted three different times because it affects to all the three post. I don't know if this page it's reliable or not, but at date, what it says is what it's happening. They are saying that they have an e-mail from Live Nation Australia. What the difference is with the others who say that someone has said that someone has written or has heard something from someone...?What about if I say that I was the one who received this e-mail?

then I would ask you which email address you sent to and also send them one ☺

I didn't see any unusual cameras at the show Saturday night, though do not know what to look for. There were 5 cameras like the one above in the arena and then four on the first elevation (near the soundboard area) pointed directly at the stage, the four pointed at the stage looked very different they had long oblong shaped lenses, while all others looked like normal cameras. I honestly have no idea at this point if they were filming the show or not.

Rod Laver has signs for all events that say the event may be filmed and you are agree to be filmed by your attendance, so that didn't even clarify anything. There were no cranes and no obtrusive cameras present on Saturday. I didn't catch the screens often as I had a fairly unobstructed view very close to the heart stage.

If there are no cranes flying over the audience, then the show is NOT being filmed for DVD's.

However there was a camera above her. When she was doing Material Girl there was a shot on the screens directly above and quite high up, showing the entire length of the catwalk from above. However definitely no cranes with cameras flying around

If they were recording a show it wouldn't be kept in secret. Last time it was posted on her official site and on the Confessions Tour DVD she even acknowledges filming. This is not about an album release, filming a show is not something they HAVE to keep from the fans...

its true, there is no reason to keep this a secret, this is not a good sign

I think she had to release three albums on Interscope (Universal) and for me, these three albums were: MDNA, MDNA LIVE and REBEL HEART. I always thought the live album for mdna tour was to add one title to the contract. She doesn't have the obligation to release any album now, so maybe it's the reason for no releasing the dvd tour.

And... after all the problems the DVD and Bluray of MDNA TOUR gave to her, maybe she doesn't want to release it by way of claim.

I was thinking the same. If there's no TV distribution deal then the effort to edit it would be a lot of work for very little reward. It's also the end of her deal with Live Nation, so after the tour finishes M will be under no obligation to anyone. That said, it would be a great shame not to record possibly her best tour, even if it was only for a Truth or Dare/I'm going to tell you a secret style documentary.I also thought (and this might just be wishful thinking), that maybe they don't need the usual camera crane set up given how effectively the pro shot footage was edited together from the Stockholm Like A Prayer and Texas Rebel Rebel performances. I appreciate both are just the direct footage used for the screens, and it would need to be colour graded and audio adjusted for a home entertainmnet release, but in terms of editing, both performances drew from a variety of camera shots and angles and looked great. I would very happily settle for that, than nothing at all.All I can say is I really, really am hoping for a DVD and Blu-Ray release. With 1 week left to go I'm already feeling the incoming depression after the tour ends, and who knows how long it might be before or if any new music appears. I need the tour DVD to get me through the void.

I guess M just wants to release heavily edited footage, that's why nobody's really keen on working 6 months to alter her face, her hands, to redo the audio track...

A bit more authenticity would be nice, but it seems she doesn't rely on her appearance anymore.

I may sound bitter, sorry. But actually I'm just sad.

I just had another thought - although again, this could be wishful thinking - if M allowed the Rebel Rebel and Like A Prayer, Stockholm footage to be released on the internet, then maybe she won't be as precious about the full concert footage being used for a DVD?

I wonder if the over-editing of the Confessions, Sticky & Sweet and MDNA tours was because of the broadcasting and CD/DVD combo release. Therefore if there isn't a deal already in place, perhaps Rebel Heart might be given a more 'straight to DVD' look and feel (as per Drowned World and Girlie Show). I'm certainly hoping so!

Although it's frustratiing Blond Ambition never got an official DVD release, I love the footage for Japan, Nice and Barcelona that eventually found it's way into the world. Ironically I've seen more video footage from that tour than I have from any other.

Also, we know Tears of Clown was filmed, and there's no way it will be for a DVD release on its own, which make me more hopeful for a full tour DVD. But... perhaps, it was just filmed just so M could review and critique her performance afterwards?

If there's no official proper filming, then she's really downsizing yet another thing. If she's not gonna bother to FILM the show for whatever reason, and just relies on HD screen footage, then well.... ok. A pity, there's nothing like film and I always thought she knew that, but then again Sticky and MDNA were so lackluster, that why bother? She'd need a new director and editor for anything good to happen in the first place. Yah I cant be arsed. Just let whatever will happen, happen. If she releases it as 360p on Youtube then I'll be happy it's released at all, my expectations are on the floor.

I think she will make a sort of documentary again, she was always followed by cameras this time, in Paris, during this Melbourne intimate show. My hope is that, if she's really releasing something like TOD or IGTTYAS, it would have a more musical approach this time. She sung a lot of famous tracks during the tour and that's what she needs at the moment imo: redefining the strenght of her legacy, giving new visibility and power to her extraordinary catalogue in her work.

(a good proper live video of the concert would of course be much better though)

I think she had to release three albums on Interscope (Universal) and for me, these three albums were: MDNA, MDNA LIVE and REBEL HEART. I always thought the live album for mdna tour was to add one title to the contract. She doesn't have the obligation to release any album now, so maybe it's the reason for no releasing the dvd tour.

And... after all the problems the DVD and Bluray of MDNA TOUR gave to her, maybe she doesn't want to release it by way of claim.

well sadly thats true but think of it as a independent release! finally 30y or more of pop road this is the least it can give her, tidal (pffff) or and itunes release =D

I think she could seize the opportunity AAAAAAAAAAANND release the girlie show bluray - and we can all hype Oz with both blurays! ans re-watch Priscilla the Queen of the Desert also all George Miller and Baz Luhrmann movies/films :om:

girlie show bluray? that show doesn't exist in the quality required for bluray. 

release igttyas, confessions tour, you know real things lol