Madonna: Like A Virgin (Poll)

angelamanda623

Madonna: Like A Virgin (extended version)  

80 members voted

1. 1. Which cut is your favorite from this timeless album, 'Like A Virgin' (extended version)?

I voted Over and Over. It was a toss up between Over And Over and Stay. I don't even know why they're my faves. They just are I guess. As far as the singles go, Material Girl is my favourite as I like the way it sounds even though I don't connect with the song at all (being a guy), but it's catchy and cute.

Ok I voted Into the groove because it is the first M track I ever heard and I still didn't know it was Madonna or who Madonna was, so my relationship with her started without any visual impact.I spent hours, days, trying to figure out the lyrics, that were not in the vinyl. Especially "feris feration" was my pain... what did it mean? I would later find out it was "for inspiration"!Today my favourite track is STAY, I love the intro and the powerful verses, and I'd love to cover it one day. Too bad an instrumental version is missing!

Although "Like A Virgin"  is not my favorite album, there are several songs from which it was hard to choose one to which give a vote.

Dress You Up, Into The Groove, Material Girl and Like A Virgin accompanied me from my childhood through my adolescence, but now I much prefer songs like Love Don't Live Here Anymore (that I voted) and Shoo Bee Doo (I really love this song; I was undecided whether to choose this or LDLHA)

After more than thirty years, I can't yet love Pretender and Stay, that I consider as fillers, and the album version of Over & Over.

Conversely, I really love the remixed version of Over & Over contained in You Can Dance, that  is simply amazing.

Until now Pretender has 0 votes (as expected: it sucks) but the only 1 vote for Material Girl is very strange...

I thought Material Girl would have got more votes TBH, even though i didn't vote for it I thought it would be quite popular.Good or bad, I can "play" every Madonna track (except those on RH) in my head and I can remember it, but I can't remember anything about how Pretender sounds at all. The words, the singing, the music. Nothing. Unmemorable.

1. Like a virgin (would've loved to visited where that video was shot)

2. Material girl ( if the diehard marilyn fans don't know it or not if it wasn't for this tune most people would've never known about marilyn i give credit to madonna for introducing us to marilyn) i will forever be grateful for madonna introducing us to such a sweet and vulnerable woman) one girl actually credited her devotion to marilyn from madonna. on her website  :lol:http://www.marilynmonroe.ca/camera/me/

i forgot to ask can you vote twice. i really wish i could've picked material girl with like a virgin but like a virgin was and will always be my favorite. 

No, unfortunately, I just want one vote.  Trust me, there are several here that I could have chosen as well  :wink: ; Into The Groove and Stay being amongst the top.

Over and Over, I think its the most meaningful and honest of the bunch.

Ugh yes! I thought I was the only one who was obsessed with this song. I believe that if it hadn't been for all the soundtrack singles, this would have gotten a single release, along with LDLHA. Both tracks always felt like singles to me.It is kind of obvious that Shoo-Bee-Doo, Pretender and Stay were always meant to be b-sides, looking at the singles. But O&O and LDLHA seemed to have been saved for their individual releases.Gesendet von iP