Rebel Heart Tour Setlist

janekmrwk

I was wondering if i'm the only one who thinks she did an amazing job with the setlist for this tour? Honestly, I was surprised she added Candy Shop again (!), I don't mind it tho, but since it's not a single it surprised me. I was also pretty sure she would perform Ghosttown every night. I was scared that she'd perform Hung Up again cause the MDNA Tour version was shit! I love the fact that she's doing Holiday as the encore but the version on this tour is not as strong as the Re-Invention Tour or Drowned World Tour version.

I love IconicHoly Water/VogueDeeper & DeeperLike a VirginMusicCandy Shop and Material Girl. Well, I love the whole last section, it's just AMAZING! I never thought she'd do Material Girl or Deeper & Deeper again. I was expecting You'll See in the spanish section, but I guess she won't perform it on any of her next tours.

What are your opinions?  :heart:

Yeah, it's very good. Anyway the are some songs which I would change. First of all, Ghosttown and Take A Bow each night on the acoustic part of the show. I guess she doesn't like Take a Bow because this tour was perfect to include this song. And sorry guys but I don't like this Dress You Up medley, she can get rid of it to me...

I don't like how she repeats so many songs, MDNA Tour had 5 songs from S&ST 2008, now Rebel Heart Tour has 5 songs from S&ST 2009. There is Like a Virgin that has been overperformed, then 3 more from RIT.

Sure, we got True Blue & Who's That Girl but that does not cover everything, she ignores post-1992 too much and some dubious choices of Rebel Heart, like no Hold Tight or Joan of Arc...

She could have done Fever or Hanky Panky in the final section seeing as they fit the theme a lot more than Unapologetic Bitch or Candy Shop.

I would have thought she would have included "Veni Vidi Vici" in some form or the other as the whole theme of this record is looking back but I assume "Rebel Heart" fit the slot more perfectly. I would have liked to have seen "Wash All Over Me" or "Joan of Arc" included whether a one shot acoustic performance or an actual performance/interlude. The "HeartBreakCity/LDLHA" performance with the rainy performance backdrop fits WAOM perfectly but if only.I do think the final section lacks another classic or fan favorite before Holiday. Perhaps Hung Up, Express Yourself?

I remember the first rumoured setlists and those were perfect in my opinion. Unapologetic Bitch fitted more as the 2nd song instead of the 2nd to last one. Bitch I'm Madonna was perfect for the last section! and Wash All Over Me would have been perfect with the stairs and everything. some rumoured sets had Veni Vidi Vici as interlude.

and no one expected Burning Up on this tour. no one.

a final thought: instead of playing Wanna Be Statin' Somethin' before the show and Smooth Criminal after it (those songs are great and classics, but they don't fit the Rebel Heart theme), it would have been better if the last song before starting was "Bitch I'm Madonna (Fedde Le Grand Remix)", and after the show, "Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien" by Edith Piaf (as another way to say she's not sorry for everything she's done, and it would have fitted the current last section).

I wasn't expecting Burning Up but I like that song, it's not as overplayed as Holiday or Like a Prayer. 

Do you guys remember the tour teaser? The part where the dancers had these big drums? I wonder what these were meant for. I was expecting Take a Bow in the spanish section, Celebration somewhere at the end and BIM as the final performance

Hanky Panky was already done 1920s style TWICE so why would anyone need it on this tour?

Same with doing Burning Up the same as Re-Invention Tour and Holiday with flags around the world like Re-Invention Tour and she always does La Isla Bonita in the same style though too. I would like to hear Hanky Panky one day but I like Material Girl is one that the crowd would know and sings along with.

the setlist is perfect, i would only change Rebel Heart for Ghosttown and add Like a Prayer every night, i had that luck and she perfomed it on my night and the crowd was so fucking exited

The backdrop to Rebel Heart is too amazing to let go of though. But agreed, Ghosttown and Like A Prayer would be great even though not enough people would know Ghosttown.

Same with doing Burning Up the same as Re-Invention Tour and Holiday with flags around the world like Re-Invention Tour and she always does La Isla Bonita in the same style though too. I would like to hear Hanky Panky one day but I like Material Girl is one that the crowd would know and sings along with.

Yeah it's true, but then we don't need another performance resembling an old one, plus Hanky Panky on RIT was not that far off from BAT. And we had 2 back to back tour performances of Don't Tell Me very similar to each other...

I disagree about La Isla Bonita, while the current one is like a combination of The Girlie Show and Drowned World Tour, it's not similar to CT and SST.