Sign in to follow this  
thegr8forever

Girlie Show Question

Why did Madonna sometimes wear the blue velvet pants for the Express Yourself/Deeper & Deeper/Why's It So Hard?/In This Life segment instead of the blue sequin short shorts? Then before that she'd still wear the black sequin short shorts. It kind of doesn't make sense to me.

I've always thought it was just a matter of temperature. She wore the short shorts in places like Latinamerica, Australia and Japan, especially the first two regions since it was spring/summer during her visit in late 1993.

Look, this is even rarer, she wore the same pants as Nicky and Donna.

Posted Image

I don't know the location though. Any insights? Anyone? :tongue:

Would be for different climates, & maybe some of the costumes wear down after sweating so much in them.Her pants varied in Who's That Girl tour also, as well as Re-Invention corset.

I read some time ago that the problem was that during some of the shows in NY the Oxford pants got unstitched on the rear, and she got furious. As a form of apology Dolce & Gabbana sent to her the sequined shorts.

I've always thought it was just a matter of temperature. She wore the short shorts in places like Latinamerica, Australia and Japan, especially the first two regions since it was spring/summer during her visit in late 1993.

Posted Image

wow I have never seen M wearing these pants during the Studio 54 section (the long blue ones, yes... but not these ones).

Judging from the stairs which you can see in the background I would assume it was either an open air gig or a very large indoor arena a la Tokyo Dome or something like that.

wow I have never seen M wearing these pants during the Studio 54 section (the long blue ones, yes... but not these ones).

Judging from the stairs which you can see in the background I would assume it was either an open air gig or a very large indoor arena a la Tokyo Dome or something like that.

or possibly a dress rehearsal?

Posted Image

This looks like a dress rehearsal. To add more craziness to the mix. In the Argentinian and Brazilian shows she wears short shorts but they are made from the same material as the flares, a kinda of velvet type fabric not sequins. Then she went back to flares for Mexico I think before ditching them entirely for the Australia/Japan legs of the tour.

Posted Image

May I jump in on the topic?  :hyper:

Is there a reason the Kool & the Gang's Celebration "Yahoo" was cut for the DVD? You can hear them really low played on the background but I wonder why they felt the need to do that  :confused:

Is there a reason the Kool & the Gang's Celebration "Yahoo" was cut for the DVD? You can hear them really low played on the background but I wonder why they felt the need to do that  :confused:

Or why the Stardust sample during Holiday was altered for the DVD of Drowned World Tour

didn't want to share the wealth /roalitiez `/?

Or why the Stardust sample during Holiday was altered for the DVD of Drowned World Tour

Where is that sample in the show?

As for costumes, didn't she use sunglasses during Justify My Love at first, then switched to the eyepatch?