Create a Madonna Tour That Never Happened

Future Lover

So, in this thread, I want to do something fun. We all know that Madonna never toured for Bedtime Stories and Ray of Light, so I think that it would be cool to pick one of these or both and create what we thought would have been a great show for these albums! 

Ray of Light World Tour 

Set List:

Act 1: Vanity

The Beautiful People (Video Introduction)

1. Frozen

2. Vogue

3. Rain

4. Justify My Love

Act 2: Envy

The Mistress (Video Interlude)

5. Candy Perfume Girl

6. Bedtime Story

7. Sky Fits Heaven 

8. Little Star

9. Into the Groove/Dress You Up

Act 3; Tradition

Church Confessional (Video Interlude)

10. Like a Prayer 

11. Oh Father

12. Swim

13. Mer Girl

14. Live to Tell

Act 4: Millennium

New Years Resolution (Video Interlude)

15. Skin

16. The Power of Goodbye 

17. Human Nature 

18. Papa Don't Preach

19. Open Your Heart

Act 5: Faithfulness

Throne (Video Interlude)

20. Ray of Light

21. Drowned World/Substitute for Love

22. La Isla Bonita 

Stage:

The stage is in the shape of a circle and is in the center of the venue. A circular LED screen hangs above the stage. The screen can break apart and move up and down in individual pieces. A large platform can be lowered from inside the screen as well as a cage and a ladder.

Concert Synopsis

Act 1: Vanity

The show begins with a video introduction showing a mass of people on their knees apparently praying to a statue of a chiseled goddess. The statue cracks in half and red blood flows over the mass, leaving them all the same skin color and all with the same face. The dancers come on stage from the crowd as Madonna is lowered onto the stage from a circular platform. "Frozen" performed with Madonna on the platform hovering singing into a headset microphone above the dancers doing synchronized routines. At the end of the song, the platform reaches the stage floor and Madonna is encased by the dancers. They break apart and Madonna literally strikes a pose. "Vogue" is performed with Madonna and her dancers recreating the choreography from the video. The song ends with the stage being engulfed in light and then total darkness. In the darkness, thunder and falling rain is heard and lightning flashes on the screen. A hole opens in the middle of the stage and a wall of water falls from above into the hole in the stage as Madonna performs "Rain" while singing into a vintage microphone. The song ends with the water wall disappearing and Madonna standing alone in a column of light. The opening to "Justify My Love" begins and Madonna falls to the floor. She writhes around on the stage in the single column of light until the song ends. At the songs conclusion, Madonna is lowered beneath the stage and the stage again becomes dark. 

Act 2: Envy

The next section begins with a video interlude. The video shows a man leaving his bed with what appears to be his wife. He drives away and to another home where he meets and begins passionately kissing Madonna. The wife appears and shoots the man in the back and she and Madonna walk away holding hands. Madonna is raised on stage playing a guitar. She performs "Candy Perfume Girl" while dancers cover all sides of the stage in various routines. At the end of the song, Madonna speaks to the crowd before performing "Bedtime Story". During the performance, Madonna interacts with dancers dressed as various fairy tale characters such as Cinderella and the Big Bad Wolf. At the end of the performance, the stage becomes dark as the opening of "Sky Fits Heaven" plays. During the performance, the screen above splits apart and one section lowers down to stage level. The screen raises after a few seconds with various dancers dressed as angels hanging from the screen. At the end of the song, the dancers are lowered down into a large hole in the stage. Madonna is raised on the stage atop a grand piano being played by a man in solid black mask and only underwear. She performs "Little Star" with only piano accompaniment. At the end of song, Madonna kicks the piano player away from the piano as it is lowered down below the stage. She performs a medley of "Into the Groove/Dress You Up" while her and her dancers energetically romp around the stage. The performance ends with Madonna and the dancers jumping into the hole in the stage as sparks shoot from around the stage. 

Act 3: Tradition

A video interlude begins showing Madonna writhing in agony in a church confessional. The screen goes black as a church confessional missing a wall is raised on stage. Madonna performs "Like a Prayer" while inside the confessional. When the choir part begins, she leaves the confessional and performs with her dancers center stage. The stage goes dark at the end of the performance. The beginning to "Oh Father" plays and Madonna plays the song while a male dancer carries her around the stage. At the end of the song, he drops her and she lays on the stage floor. Madonna performs "Swim" while a video plays showing Madonna basking alone in the middle of a calm ocean. On the stage, she and two male dancers lay on each other through the song. Next, Madonna performs "Mer Girl". During the performance, empty gold portrait flames are lowered from the rafters with dancers in them. Madonna interacts with the dancers in the portraits. At the end of the song, all of the portraits besides one raise back up. One dips into the hole in the stage. Madonna gets inside of it and it begins to raise. "Live to Tell" is performed with Madonna in the frame and large white sheet hangs connected from the bottom showing the music video sing along with the live performance. At the end of the song, the frame is raised back into the screen with Madonna inside as the sheet falls from the frame. 

Act 4: Millennium

The next section begins with a video showing a New Years Eve countdown with a room full of people in solid white masks besides Madonna. The screen as a whole lowers down and covers the stage. "Skin" is performed with the screen becoming see through and showing Madonna and the dancers literally inside the screen. The screen raises a little over the stage and begins to slowly rotate clockwise until the song ends. The screen lowers down to stage level as "The Power of Goodbye" begins. The screen raises back to its place. Large pillars are lowered down and Madonna and her dancers "hide" from each other through the pillars. At the end of the song, a ladder is lowered down as the pillars are raised. "Human Nature" is performed with Madonna and the dancers climbing the ladder before jumping off. The song ends with Madonna holding her stomach as if she is entering labor. "Papa Don't Preach" is played with Madonna and her dancers energetically dancing around the stage. Madonna and the dancers lower below the stage. They are raised on stage again with Madonna in silver recreation of the cone bra ensemble. "Open Your Heart" is performed with cabaret style choreography. The performance ends with Madonna and the dancers "running away" as they did in the video. 

Act 5: Faithfulness

The final section begins with a video showing Madonna on a throne being surrounded by half naked sweaty men. A cage is lowered from above with several dancers hanging off of it. Madonna is raised on stage and "Ray of Light" is performed with Madonna and the dancers climbing all over the cage on stage level. The song ends with the cage raising back into the screen leaving Madonna and the dancers behind. Madonna performs "Drowned World/Substitute for Love" alone on the stage, roaming. At the end of the song, a spanish guitar intro is played and then an energetic latin samba version of "La Isla Bonita" is played. Madonna ends the performance by bowing and then being lowered below the stage. The screen lowers and encases the stage, reading the end on the screens in old time 1930's movie lettering.

Time To Dance Tour

ACT 1: CAROUSEL

01. A New Argentina Intro

02. Sanctuary (Avicii Remix)

03. Celebration/Holiday (Recycled S&ST 2009 Remix)

04. Jimmy Jimmy

ACT 2: ROCK SLAYER

05. Jimmy Jimmy Outro (Interlude)

06. Don't Cry For Me Argentina (Rock Guitar Remix)

07. Hung Up (Rock Guitar Remix)

08. I'm Going Bananas (Rock Guitar Remix / Madonna sets guitar on fire)

09. Act Of Contriction

ACT 3: PARTY TIME

10. Love Don't Live Here Anymore (Techno Remix / Interlude)

11. Otto Von Wernherr Medley (Shake / Get Down / Let's Go Dancing / On The Street)

12. Time To Dance

13. Bitch I'm Madonna / Jenny From The Block (Medley)

ACT 4: SECTION 4 THE FANS

14. Oh My! (Interlude)

15. Born This Way (Lady Gaga Cover)

16. Genie In The Bottle (Christina Aguilera Cover)

17. Baby (Justin Bieber Cover)

18. Rebel Heart (Skrillex Remix)

ACT 5: NOW IM KINDA TIRED, LETS RELAX

19. Love Express (Interlude)

20. Score (Pon Pon Remix)

21. Give Me All Your Luvin' (ft. Marilyn Manson)

22. Take A Day / Beat Goes On

23. Music (Otto Von Wernherr Remix)

JFC y

Bedtime Stories Tour 1995

Act 1: Secret Garden

(Fantasy/ Ethereal -- Madonna in white, like the Brit Awards but more elaborate, maybe a "Garden of Eden" theme to the stage)

1. Sanctuary

2. Secret Garden

3. Bedtime Story

4. Cherish

5. Angel

Act 2: Spanish

(Bullfighting/ Flamenco style -- inspired by the "Take A Bow" video)

6. Spanish Eyes (begins as an instrumental interlude, then Madonna appears and sings it)

7. Love Tried To Welcome Me

8. Vogue (Spanish style)

9. La Isla Bonita (of course)

10. Take A Bow

Act 3: Harlem Nightclub

(inspired by the "Secret" video, but with some Breathless Mahoney added in)

11. Justify My Love

12. Human Nature

13. Thief Of Hearts

14. He's A Man

15. Something To Remember

16. Secret (album version)

Interlude: Secret (club remix), as the scene transitions to an outdoor block party

Act 4: Urban Block Party

(outdoor NYC street scene)

17. Medley: Spotlight/ Don't Stop/ Physical Attraction

18. Express Yourself

20. Into The Groove

21. Like A Virgin

22. I'll Remember

Encore:

23. Holiday (with another Sly & The Family Stone cover: "Thank U For Lettin' Me Be Myself Again")

The Beast Awakens World Tour

01 - Intro (The Beast Within)

02 - Justify My Erotic Love (Justify My Love/Erotica Mashup)

03 - Human Nature (contains elements of Heavy Metal Lover by Lady Gaga)

04 - Bedtime Story

05 - Secret

06 - Interlude - All That You've Ever Learned

07 - Get Together (contains elements of Days Go By by Dirty Vegas)

08 - Express Yourself

09 - Living For Love

10 - Open Your Heart

11 - Like A Prayer

12 - Masterpiece

13 - Interlude - Something To Remember

14 - Music (contains elements of HQ2 Remix)

15 - Frozen (contains elements of Calderone Club Mix)

16 - The Look Of Love (contains elements of Open Your Heart,La Isla Bonita,and Masterpiece)

17 - La Isla Bonita

18 - Spanish Eyes

19 - Interlude - Tears I've Cried

20 - Ghosttown (contains elements of The Power Of Goodbye)

21 -The Power Of Goodbye

22 - Devil Pray

23 - I Want You

24 - I'll Remember

ENCORE:

25 - Bitch I'm Madonna (contains elements of Last Night A DJ Saved My Life,Music,Holiday,Express Yourself,Unapologetic Bitch,Celebration,and Better Off Alone)

THE BEDTIME STORIES TOUR

GARDEN OF EDEN 
1. Introduction 
2. BEDTIME STORY 
3. RESCUE ME / VOGUE 
4. RAIN
5. SURVIVAL

S&M
6. Dita's Interlude 
7. EXPRESS YOURSELF
8. HUMAN NATURE
9. INSIDE OF ME (JUSTIFY MY LOVE)
10. FORBIDDEN LOVE 

HOME SWEET HOME
11. Sanctuary Interlude
12. LIVE TO TELL 
13. YOU'LL SEE 
14. BAD GIRL 
15. LOVE TRIED TO WELCOME ME 

MATADOR
16. I Want You Interlude 
17. DEEPER AND DEEPER 
18. SECRET
19. LA ISLA BONITA
20. LIKE A PRAYER
21. TAKE A BOW 

ENCORE
22. HOLIDAY / EVERYBODY

THE TOUR CONCEPT : 

GARDEN OF EDEN. The show opens with Madonna and 2 dancers performing "Bedtime Story" like the Brit Awards performance on a platform wich is in the air of the main stage, then the platform goes down on the stage and 8 dancers joins Madonna to perform "Rescue Me / Vogue", the performance ends on the middle of the catwalk where "Rain" begins. Donna & Marie joins Madonna in the middle of the catwalk for this song. "Survival" ends this act on the main stage with only female dancers and still Donna & Marie.

S&M. Dita's Intervention is a video interlude to reminds Madonna's "Erotica" album, only the video is played at this time. Then "Express Yourself" oppens this act with male dancers dressed in leather, working with gears like in the music video while Madonna is watching and touching them. 5 girls joins Madonna during the song. "Human Nature" begins and Madonna is strip-teasing during the whole song while she's walking on the catwalk with 2 girls, the song ends in the end of the catwalk with 4 boys striping her with leather seams. During "Inside Of Me" Madonna walks back the catwalk to go to the main stage. "Forbidden Love" begins on the main stage, Madonna climbs stairs with boys to go in the top of the stage and leave it behind the big screen.

HOME SWEET HOME. During "Sanctuary" interlude, dancers are doing their jobs on the main stage and the catwalk while Madonna is changing her outfit backstage. Madonna appears on the main stage for "Live To Tell". A male dancer then joins her to perform "You'll See", they're doing a very sensual dance together and Madonna shoot him in the head at the end of the song, then she goes to a bar, and there "Bad Girl" begins. She's just singing it sitting on a chair, with the barman who's giving her some drinks while she's smoking a cigarette. During "Love Tried To Welcome Me" dancers are dancing on the main stage, while Madonna is watching them from her chair on the bar, she's crying.

MATADOR. This act begins with "I Want You" video interlude. Then "Deeper & Deeper" begins, everybody is dancing on the main stage, the song ends on the end of the catwalk. Madonna performs there "Secret" and "La Isla Bonita" on guitar. Then, Madonna joins a choir on the main stage and they perform "Like A Prayer" all together and they say goodbye to the audience. Bells rings announce the beggining of "Take A Bow", Madonna is singing it alone on the main stage. This act closes in the dark.

ENCORE. Surprise ! The show is not finished yet. Everybody is having fun while the whole crew is performing Madonna's biggest hit ever "Holiday" on stage. Madonna is leaving the stage just like  she entered it ; on a platform that goes in the air.

NOTES : the stage decoration changes for each act. During the Garden Of Eden act there's flowers,water,animals... everywhere on the stage. During the S&M act, the decoration is based on leather and "Express Yourself" music video. For Home Sweet Home part the decoration is simillar to the "Music / Candy Shop" performance of the Rebel Heart Tour. Matador is based on Take A Bow video.

PS : I'm sorry for my bad english.

The American Dream Tour

Nov. 3rd 2003 - Oct. 5th 2004

Total Gross: $210 Million USD

92 Dates

- 23 in Europe

- 24 in America

- 15 in Asia

- 5 in Oceania

- 25 in America

SETLIST: 

Act 1: Welcome to Hollywood

1. Into The Hollywood Groove (Video Intro)

2. Hollywood

3. Express Yourself

4. Material Girl

5. American Pie

6. American Life

Act 2: Nothing Is What It Seems

7. Die Another Day

8. Nobody Knows Me

9. Secret

10. In This Life

11. Drowned World / Substitute For Love

12. Nothing Fails

Act 3: Makes Me Wanna

13. Like A Prayer

14. Love Profusion

15. True Blue 

16. Thief of Hearts

18. Music (contains elements of Holiday)

Act 4: On My Knees / Through My Eyes

18. Erotica

19. Deeper and Deeper (Contains elements of Justify My Love)

20. Human Nature / Swim

21. Frozen

22. X-Static Process

23. Easy Ride

Act 6: Just Got Home

24. Holiday (20th Anniversary Remix / 2003 dates only)

24. Like A Virgin (20th Anniversary Remix / 2004 dates only)

25. Ray of Light

• 1 month later...

MADONNA

Celebration Tour

ACT I – GOTHIC/TRANGRESSION

Hung Up

Revolver

Burning Up

Music

Give It 2 Me

ACT 2 – DOMINATRIX/INDIAN

Erotica (Video Interlude)

Justify My Love

Like A Virgin

Frozen

Open Your Heart

Like A Prayer

ACT 3 – SPANISH

La Isla Bonita

Take A Bow

Who's That Girl

Secret

ACT 4 – CRAZY CABARET

Bedtime Story (Interlude)

Hanky Panky

Material Girl

Cherish/True Blue

Express Yourself

Deeper And Deeper

ACT 5 – DISCO PARTY     

American Life (Interlude)

Vogue

Ray Of Light

Holiday

Celebration

• 4 weeks later...

SOMETHING TO REMEMBER WORLD TOUR 1995/1996

RAVE SEX

1. Secret (Sound Factory Remix) (like a rave party, dancers in cages etc)

2. Bedtime Story (Junior Vasq Remix) like on Brits

3. Forbidden love 94 (very Why is it so hard but more gay)

4. Erotica (she puts her Dita mask on)

INTIMATE

5. I want you (all songs just her in a long dress, lot of wind...dancers in slow motion)

6. Live to tell

7. Take a bow

8. You ll see

LACE AND LEATHER

9. Deeper and deeper (shep's makeover mix - she's in catsuit like in Human Nature video)

10. Vogue

11. Bad girl

12. Human Nature

ALL THAT JAZZ

13. Fever (like on Arsenio Hall...jazzy)

14. Hanky Panky (with ladyboys)

15, Material Girl

16. Something to remember

ENCORE:(HIGH FASHION)

Express Yourself/Id rather be your lover mashup

ARE YOU SUPRISED apears back on the screen

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SOMETHING TO REMEMBER WORLD TOUR 1995/1996

RAVE SEX

1. Secret (Sound Factory Remix) (like a rave party, dancers in cages etc)

2. Bedtime Story (Junior Vasq Remix) like on Brits

3. Forbidden love 94 (very Why is it so hard but more gay)

4. Erotica (she puts her Dita mask on)

INTIMATE

5. I want you (all songs just her in a long dress, lot of wind...dancers in slow motion)

6. Live to tell

7. Take a bow

8. You ll see

LACE AND LEATHER

9. Deeper and deeper (shep's makeover mix - she's in catsuit like in Human Nature video)

10. Vogue

11. Bad girl

12. Human Nature

ALL THAT JAZZ

13. Fever (like on Arsenio Hall...jazzy)

14. Hanky Panky (with ladyboys)

15, Material Girl

16. Something to remember

ENCORE:(HIGH FASHION)

Express Yourself/Id rather be your lover mashup

ARE YOU SUPRISED apears back on the screen

That was brilliant

• 2 weeks later...

Oooo I love doing this! I thought a tour for Erotica - Music would be cool considering The Girlie Show was so short in North America and Bedtime Stories & Ray of Light didn't even get tours.. So this tour would have replaced the Drowned World Tour (even tho i love that one)

The Astral Bodies Tour (2001-2002)

Associated Albums: Music, Ray of Light, Bedtime Stories, GHV2

ACT I: AIR

Sanctuary / Bedtime Story Intro

1. Bedtime Story

2. Nothing Really Matters

3. Sky Fits Heaven

4. Paradise (Not For Me)

5. Ray of Light

ACT II: EARTH

What It Feels Like For A Girl Interlude

6. Impressive Instant

7. Don't Tell Me

8. Human Nature

9. Secret

10. Gone

ACT III: WATER

Swim Interlude

11. Rain

12. Drowned World / Substitute For Love

13. The Power of Goodbye

14. Take A Bow 

15. Frozen

ACT IV: FIRE

Fever Interlude

16. Justify My Love / Burning Up

17. Deeper And Deeper / Vogue

18. La Isla Bonita

19. Papa Don't Preach

20. Like A Prayer 

ENCORE:

21. Music

22. Holiday

• 2 weeks later...

The Pajama Party Tour

Act One: Sleepover

1. Bedtime Story (Interlude & Live)

2. True Blue

3. Like a Virgin

4. Don't Stop

5. Dear Jessie

Act Two: Secrets

1. Survival/Secret (Interlude and Live)

2. Erotica/Sanctuary

3. Lucky Star

4. Human Nature

5. Inside of Me/Oh Father

6. In This Life/Love Tried To Welcome Me

Act Three: Pillow Talk

1. Forbidden Love (Interlude and Live)

2. I'd Rather Be Your Lover

3. Everybody

4. Bye Bye Baby/Express Yourself

5. Vogue

Act Five: Take a Bow

1. Love Makes The World Go Round (Interlude)

2. Holiday/Take a Bow

The Drowned World Tour 1999-2000

Act One: Geisha

1. Drowned World/Substitute for Love (Interlude)

2. Sky Fits Heaven/Mer Girl

3. Material Girl

4. Frozen

5. Has to Be

Act Two: Paradise

1. Unreleased song: Paradise (Not For Me) (Video Interlude)

2. Live To Tell

3. Bedtime Story

4. Oh Father/Promise To Try/Little Star

5. Angel (Church/Gospel version)

6. Lucky Star/Candy Perfume Girl

Act Three: Rest

1. The Power of Good-Bye (Interlude and Live)

2. Shanti/Ashtangi/Nothing Really Matters

3. Skin/Swim

4. To Have and Not to Hold

5. You Must Love Me

6. Keep It Together

Act Four: Drowned World

1. Drowned World (Interlude)

2. Ray of Light

3. Holiday

• 3 weeks later...

THE MDNA TOUR

ACT I:

Act of Contrition Intro

1. Like A Prayer

2. Girl Gone Wild

3. Papa Don't Preach / Live To Tell

4. Gang Bang

5. Beautiful Killer / Die Another Day

ACT II:

I'm A Sinner Interlude

5. I Don't Give A

6. Human Nature 

7. Like A Virgin (Remix)

8. Erotica

ACT III:

Heartbeat Interlude

9. Express Yourself

10. Turn Up The Radio

11. Give It To Me / Hung Up

12. Vogue (Remix)

ACT IV:

Love Spent Interlude

13. Falling Free

14. Drowned World / Substitute For Love

Frozen Instrumental Swell

15. Masterpiece

16. Crazy For You

17. Nothing Fails

ACT V:

Holiday Interlude

18. Into The Groove (Remix)

20. Give Me All Your Luvin' (Remix)

21. I'm Addicted

22. Impressive Instant / Music

23. Get Together

ENCORE:

24. Everybody (Remix)

25. Celebration

• 1 month later...

Rebel Heart Tour

LEG 2 

Places visited: Europe (including: Finland, Latvia, and first time in Iceland) - Latin America 

Joan of Arc/Samurai

Iconic

Bitch I'm Madonna

Love Profusion (rock version)

Holy Water (with "She's Not Me" snippet)

Devil Pray

Rockabilly Meets Tokio

Messiah

Rain

Cherish (acoustic)

Deeper And Deeper

Get Together (with "Girl Gone Wild" snippet)

Hung Up/Give It 2 Me (Give It 2 Me vocals on Hung Up instrumental)

Latin/Gypsy

Best Night (with "Erotica" and "Justify My Love" snippets)

Living For Love (with "Rescue Me" snippet)

Nothing Really Matters (spanish version)

Fever

Keep It Together

Rebel Heart

Party/Flapper

Illuminati

Music

Candy Shop

Into The Groove

La Vie En Rose

Unapologetic Bitch

Encore

Like a Virgin

• 2 weeks later...

Madonna: Tribute to my Ex-husband Guy. One night only intimate show........with special guest in attendance Guy Ritchie himself

Bristol Academy London

Setlist

1. Miles Away

2. Love Profusion (dance version)

3. Sorry (acoustic version)

4. What it feels like for a girl (contains elements of she's not me and don't cha)

5. Candy Shop/Bye Bye Baby

6. Paradise not for me/ love don't live here anymore/you'll see

7. Give me all your luvin

8. Love Spent ( rock version) (contains excerpts of Dress you up)

9. HeartBreak City/Living for love

10. Waiting (contains elements of "Rescue me")

ENCORE

11. Holiday/everybody (contains elements of Spotlight and Everybody is a star)

12. I don't give A (contains elements of "bitch I'm Madonna"