• Please log in to reply
Photo

Rebel Heart DVD

OhMadonna
  • Posted 5 hours ago

Guys, I was wondering here, do you think she chooses to over saturate the image in her releases (music videos, concerts, advertising, etc...) for her skin to be almost white and people don't see imperfections in her face?

We all know how she likes to be perfect.

This just crossed my mind 'cause I really like to see the details, and with overexposed whites in the picture we loose that. :(

I don't think this is the case. In the modern industry, it's actually really common to filter this way, not because the artist wants to hide imperfections, but because it adds more vividness to the image. The trend started in the early 2000's has ballooned since then. It's for image appearance to make the visual pop, not for anything else :)  

15057310_1123400571111385_58276884679197

OhMadonna
  • Posted 5 hours ago

I know I've been critical of this pre-release but @Fighter was right (as usual) and there is a long list of things that I love about this release and I'd like to share them here to point out all of the amazing things we did get here!

Rebel Heart Tour Main Show

-The intro is presented in a very dynamic and exciting way. We get to see a lot of glory shots of the stage and the power of the screen.

-The way Iconic is edited really makes the first moments of the show exciting. The camera work is a little jarring, but it really makes your heart pump, especially the shots we get of the crowd going insane for her!

-Holy Water was captured in the best way that I think it could have been. You really got to see the cool moments and the effects worked to really add something cool to this song. 

-Body Shop looks great to me. The editing is calm and we get to see her choreography, especially when she's dancing against the screen. And she looks absolutely radiant throughout this song.

-True Blue is beautiful. Plain and simple.

-I know that everyone is pissy about LDLHA being axed, BUT it's removed so smoothly. You really wouldn't know anything was between the end of HBC and the start of LAV if you'd never seen the show before. It was trimmed seamlessly.

-Like a Virgin has one of the best audio mixes of any LAV performance she's released to DVD/Blu-Ray

-La Isla Bonita is a lot of fun to watch and she looks like she's having the time of her life.

-Rebel Heart is just as beautiful to see as it was in the trailers. Though it was taken from different performances, the energy is so consistently through the roof that it really doesn't matter.

-Candy Shop looks good and we get some of that iconic "Madonna Fierce Face" that we all know and love.

-She picked a fucking hilarious MG wedding monologue.

-La Vie en Rose looks absolutely stunning and we get some amazing shots of M and the huge crowd.

-I love the UB montage. It just makes me smile. 

Bonus

-LAP is simply the most amazing live performance she's put out in my opinion. The energy is incredible, the crowd is electric, she looks so happy, and it's very emotional and lovely.

-The jokes we get in TOAC are really cute and enjoyable.

-Borderline is so genuine and she looks happy to be performing it.

The Case and Art

-We got a high quality digi-pack. It's not flimsy cardboard, it's really tough and durable.

-The booklet, while edited in an odd way, gives a good overall view of the show.

-This is probably the best live cover she's ever had. 

• Liam and rebelheart29 like this

15057310_1123400571111385_58276884679197

Liam
  • Posted 5 hours ago

Liam

Express Yourself; Don't Repress Yourself

• 1,814 posts
  • M Fan Since:1985

I know I've been critical of this pre-release but @Fighter was right (as usual) and there is a long list of things that I love about this release and I'd like to share them here to point out all of the amazing things we did get here!

Rebel Heart Tour Main Show

-The intro is presented in a very dynamic and exciting way. We get to see a lot of glory shots of the stage and the power of the screen.

-The way Iconic is edited really makes the first moments of the show exciting. The camera work is a little jarring, but it really makes your heart pump, especially the shots we get of the crowd going insane for her!

-Holy Water was captured in the best way that I think it could have been. You really got to see the cool moments and the effects worked to really add something cool to this song. 

-Body Shop looks great to me. The editing is calm and we get to see her choreography, especially when she's dancing against the screen. And she looks absolutely radiant throughout this song.

-True Blue is beautiful. Plain and simple.

-I know that everyone is pissy about LDLHA being axed, BUT it's removed so smoothly. You really wouldn't know anything was between the end of HBC and the start of LAV if you'd never seen the show before. It was trimmed seamlessly.

-Like a Virgin has one of the best audio mixes of any LAV performance she's released to DVD/Blu-Ray

-La Isla Bonita is a lot of fun to watch and she looks like she's having the time of her life.

-Rebel Heart is just as beautiful to see as it was in the trailers. Though it was taken from different performances, the energy is so consistently through the roof that it really doesn't matter.

-Candy Shop looks good and we get some of that iconic "Madonna Fierce Face" that we all know and love.

-She picked a fucking hilarious MG wedding monologue.

-La Vie en Rose looks absolutely stunning and we get some amazing shots of M and the huge crowd.

-I love the UB montage. It just makes me smile. 

Bonus

-LAP is simply the most amazing live performance she's put out in my opinion. The energy is incredible, the crowd is electric, she looks so happy, and it's very emotional and lovely.

-The jokes we get in TOAC are really cute and enjoyable.

-Borderline is so genuine and she looks happy to be performing it.

The Case and Art

-We got a high quality digi-pack. It's not flimsy cardboard, it's really tough and durable.

-The booklet, while edited in an odd way, gives a good overall view of the show.

-This is probably the best live cover she's ever had. 

Loved reading this.  I can't begin to break it down. I just love it all. HA!!  But I really enjoyed reading what you posted.   I appreciate your constructiveness and genuine critique.  It's obvious that you can look past any flaws and just enjoy it "as is".  Thank you!! :hearteyes:

• OhMadonna likes this

Nomayyer.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MadJ