Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

I know I've been critical of this pre-release but @@Fighter was right (as usual) and there is a long list of things that I love about this release and I'd like to share them here to point out all of the amazing things we did get here!

Rebel Heart Tour Main Show

-The intro is presented in a very dynamic and exciting way. We get to see a lot of glory shots of the stage and the power of the screen.

-The way Iconic is edited really makes the first moments of the show exciting. The camera work is a little jarring, but it really makes your heart pump, especially the shots we get of the crowd going insane for her!

-Holy Water was captured in the best way that I think it could have been. You really got to see the cool moments and the effects worked to really add something cool to this song. 

-Body Shop looks great to me. The editing is calm and we get to see her choreography, especially when she's dancing against the screen. And she looks absolutely radiant throughout this song.

-True Blue is beautiful. Plain and simple.

-I know that everyone is pissy about LDLHA being axed, BUT it's removed so smoothly. You really wouldn't know anything was between the end of HBC and the start of LAV if you'd never seen the show before. It was trimmed seamlessly.

-Like a Virgin has one of the best audio mixes of any LAV performance she's released to DVD/Blu-Ray

-La Isla Bonita is a lot of fun to watch and she looks like she's having the time of her life.

-Rebel Heart is just as beautiful to see as it was in the trailers. Though it was taken from different performances, the energy is so consistently through the roof that it really doesn't matter.

-Candy Shop looks good and we get some of that iconic "Madonna Fierce Face" that we all know and love.

-She picked a fucking hilarious MG wedding monologue.

-La Vie en Rose looks absolutely stunning and we get some amazing shots of M and the huge crowd.

-I love the UB montage. It just makes me smile. 

Bonus

-LAP is simply the most amazing live performance she's put out in my opinion. The energy is incredible, the crowd is electric, she looks so happy, and it's very emotional and lovely.

-The jokes we get in TOAC are really cute and enjoyable.

-Borderline is so genuine and she looks happy to be performing it.

The Case and Art

-We got a high quality digi-pack. It's not flimsy cardboard, it's really tough and durable.

-The booklet, while edited in an odd way, gives a good overall view of the show.

-This is probably the best live cover she's ever had. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I've been critical of this pre-release but @@Fighter was right (as usual) and there is a long list of things that I love about this release and I'd like to share them here to point out all of the amazing things we did get here!

Rebel Heart Tour Main Show

-The intro is presented in a very dynamic and exciting way. We get to see a lot of glory shots of the stage and the power of the screen.

-The way Iconic is edited really makes the first moments of the show exciting. The camera work is a little jarring, but it really makes your heart pump, especially the shots we get of the crowd going insane for her!

-Holy Water was captured in the best way that I think it could have been. You really got to see the cool moments and the effects worked to really add something cool to this song. 

-Body Shop looks great to me. The editing is calm and we get to see her choreography, especially when she's dancing against the screen. And she looks absolutely radiant throughout this song.

-True Blue is beautiful. Plain and simple.

-I know that everyone is pissy about LDLHA being axed, BUT it's removed so smoothly. You really wouldn't know anything was between the end of HBC and the start of LAV if you'd never seen the show before. It was trimmed seamlessly.

-Like a Virgin has one of the best audio mixes of any LAV performance she's released to DVD/Blu-Ray

-La Isla Bonita is a lot of fun to watch and she looks like she's having the time of her life.

-Rebel Heart is just as beautiful to see as it was in the trailers. Though it was taken from different performances, the energy is so consistently through the roof that it really doesn't matter.

-Candy Shop looks good and we get some of that iconic "Madonna Fierce Face" that we all know and love.

-She picked a fucking hilarious MG wedding monologue.

-La Vie en Rose looks absolutely stunning and we get some amazing shots of M and the huge crowd.

-I love the UB montage. It just makes me smile. 

Bonus

-LAP is simply the most amazing live performance she's put out in my opinion. The energy is incredible, the crowd is electric, she looks so happy, and it's very emotional and lovely.

-The jokes we get in TOAC are really cute and enjoyable.

-Borderline is so genuine and she looks happy to be performing it.

The Case and Art

-We got a high quality digi-pack. It's not flimsy cardboard, it's really tough and durable.

-The booklet, while edited in an odd way, gives a good overall view of the show.

-This is probably the best live cover she's ever had. 

Loved reading this.  I can't begin to break it down. I just love it all. HA!!  But I really enjoyed reading what you posted.   I appreciate your constructiveness and genuine critique.  It's obvious that you can look past any flaws and just enjoy it "as is".  Thank you!! :hearteyes:

@@MithrandirCreations and @@musicinferno

KaitoXD has made a beautiful version of LDLHA that could fit in nicely. You can find it here:

http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/13084-love-dont-live-here-anymore-rebel-heart-tour-showtime-dvd-simulation-audio/&do=findComment&comment=594157

Would die to hear your versions of your concert

Thanks, I'll check it out.

I was able to restore Devil Pray and Deeper and Deeper to their original length. Extending the La Isla Bonita intro is difficult. Also, adding songs from previous shows is obvious in quality change so I may slap them at the end as bonus tracks.

I still have more editing to do but I'm traveling now so it won't be finished for awhile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll check it out.

I was able to restore Devil Pray and Deeper and Deeper to their original length. Extending the La Isla Bonita intro is difficult. Also, adding songs from previous shows is obvious in quality change so I may slap them at the end as bonus tracks.

I still have more editing to do but I'm traveling now so it won't be finished for awhile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

@@musicinferno take the audio from the Tokyo shows

Guest ArthurBadin

Can I share a funny story? I bought 2CD the day following the release day here in Brazil (as I told y'all in that thread), as the CDs were all into the stock room they hadn't been displayed on store shelves, so I was the first person to buy it in that store. In fact I came in the store the minute it opened (showing how much I love that release...). Anyway, I've been asking a lot of friends of mine who also are M fans and they are not minimally interested in buying the 2CD. They look forward for Sept. 29 when they will buy (as me) the standalone DVD. Why her fans here aren't buying her 2CD? Is due to the fact local label has printed only 5,000 copies of it? (Sure, Jan... We know the answer #WhatVocals)

Not sure what other countries are selling them for but in Canada it was almost $20 so that seems pretty steep for a even more shortened format of a shortened show.

The awful transition on Music to Hard Candy and the non interludes is a rip off for me tbh. And with steaming taking over it’s gonna hurt even more sales.

Call me when the double CD is cheaper than US$10 :Madonna054:

We’re getting there. I have my eye on a used one listed on Amazon market that’s $15.81 CDN so $12.78 USD. (It dropped $3 in less than a week. 💀).

Even now with taxes and shipping it’s cheaper than most MSRP’s in store.

Not sure what other countries are selling them for but in Canada it was almost $20 so that seems pretty steep for a even more shortened format of a shortened show.

The awful transition on Music to Hard Candy and the non interludes is a rip off for me tbh. And with steaming taking over it’s gonna hurt even more sales.

So wait? You're wanting all the interludes, and chatter?  Because it's pretty much the full show minus them.  I know; I know!  It doesn't have LDLHA!  And one transition out of 22 tracks isn't perfect.  LOL!  $20 is quite cheap. 

Honestly, I don't get this mentality?  It's a great double CD "as is".  

So wait? You're wanting all the interludes, and chatter? Because it's pretty much the full show minus them. I know; I know! It doesn't have LDLHA! And one transition out of 22 tracks isn't perfect. LOL! $20 is quite cheap.

Honestly, I don't get this mentality? It's a great double CD "as is".

I like the interludes as it gives more of the concert feel. If that’s the idea they had as they edited it with the first 3 albums as at least 2 interlude were present then without just makes it seem like Madonna is a crazy woman who doesn’t take a break onstage lol.

I’ve long gotten over that we got the SHOWTIME version of the tour as the home release but come on Live Nation at least MDNA World Tour was all the tracks, so not sure why they decided to cut the interludes. MDNA World Tour was 114 minutes and Rebel Heart Tour is 138, but an album like Drake’s Views is 84 minutes on one disc so the timing isn’t the issue.

Call me when the double CD is cheaper than US$10  :Madonna054:

We are 2. Surely for christmas will be cheaper than now.

I have not received yet my DVD/CD and asking to my postman he told me that maybe I have to wait more time because he has a lot of work delay.

I ordered one vinyl from UK last september 05th and Im still waiting

Thank you so much!

I see what they mean about the song being off sync with the video footage.

Though great nonetheless! The editing is a lot calmer than the main show.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is seeing this.  It's not throughout.  It's just here and there it's not in sync.

It's very pretty and we get some amazing shots of the enormity of the stage. And they left her vocals the hell alone. They're imperfect, but that's why it's amazing, it's live. Perfectly imperfect. It was more than I expected. I was expecting just a rip from the screens in Sydney.

It's very pretty and we get some amazing shots of the enormity of the stage. And they left her vocals the hell alone. They're imperfect, but that's why it's amazing, it's live. Perfectly imperfect. It was more than I expected. I was expecting just a rip from the screens in Sydney.

me too im surprised they edited more. we cant complain tbh

Guest ArthurBadin

no, it's because people don't feel the need to have all her releases, and they feel good with having only one edition. so, they priorize the video.

Yes, you're right. They priorize the video. Anyway I was taken to buy the 2CD for some reasons (1st format to be released here, have already downloaded it when it leaked a week before I bought - felt a little guilty, was with my OCD burning me to buy it, etc.), but anyway, each fan has a priority to have with one's idol. Bye.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic