Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

@@Fighter

So what did you compare it to?  You only specified the Showtime rip, but not what other source you compared it to?   I ask because there certainly would be a difference to the Blu-Ray versus a rip and/or the Digital Release. The latter tends to be more compressed, etc. 

That said, there's obviously still a considerable difference just by the side by side comparisons which I think most of us who have commented on it looking even better.  Of course, I only claimed it looked better than Showtime, which is true.  From what I've seen so far, I didn't see different visual angles or edits as a few others claimed.  But to be fair, many of us aren't looking for all the technical differences or similarities.  We're just enjoying it.  But looking at your comparisons, the left side pics are definitely more fuzzy and  not as clear to me. I see what you mean regarding the lost of some details on the right, but to me that is very minimal and getting quite picky since it looks fantastic still!  :wink:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what did you compare it to?  You only specified the Showtime rip, but not what other source you compared it to?   I ask because there certainly would be a difference to the Blu-Ray versus a rip and/or the Digital Release. The latter tends to be more compressed, etc. 

That said, there's obviously still a considerable difference just by the side by side comparisons which I think most of us who have commented on it looking even better.  Of course, I only claimed it looked better than Showtime, which is true.  From what I've seen so far, I didn't see different visual angles or edits as a few others claimed.  But to be fair, many of us aren't looking for all the technical differences or similarities.  We're just enjoying it.  But looking at your comparisons, the left side pics are definitely more fuzzy and  not as clear to me. I see what you mean regarding the lost of some details on the right, but to me that is very minimal and getting quite picky since it looks fantastic still!  :wink:

The itunes version, contrast won't change due to compression differences (let alone editing lol), which is what I was comparing.

I'm not being picky I'm just stating some facts for those who are interested. I definitely won't say it looks better, but it looks fine.

@@Fighter. Well by your own comparisons, the right still looks better to me.  As stated, the Showtime one looks more fuzzy and dull. It almost looks like it has some fuzzy filter over it.  Considering that, your comparisons is with Itunes and not the Blu-Ray that some of us was comparing to which is known to have better image quality and sound.  That is what I see and hear with my Blu-Ray.  Of course, I'm not sure I would be too picky with your Itunes comparison vs. my Blu-Ray because both look fantastic and better than the Showtime broadcast, which is what some of us was pointing out in the first place. :wink:

@@Fighter. Well by your own comparisons, the right still looks better to me.  As stated, the Showtime one looks more fuzzy and dull. It almost looks like it has some fuzzy filter over it.  Considering that, your comparisons is with Itunes and not the Blu-Ray that some of us was comparing to which is known to have better image quality and sound.  That is what I see and hear with my Blu-Ray.  Of course, I'm not sure I would be too picky with your Itunes comparison vs. my Blu-Ray because both look fantastic and better than the Showtime broadcast, which is what some of us was pointing out in the first place. :wink:

What you see as dull and fuzzy, I see as a richer and more natural scale of tonalities. But I'm glad you like the new look, i don't hate it by any means. I still think this release is worth supporting.

Still waiting for the  release here.... coming on Friday next week, since it takes an age for things to get here! So I don't want to watch anything until then. I do like the way it looks though, the sharper contrast, (Fighter's comparing pics) but I like the colour on the other one more... oh well, I'm sure it will be good. Waiting for the BluRay and CD!! :kissy:

Guest ArthurBadin

Still waiting for the  release here.... coming on Friday next week, since it takes an age for things to get here! So I don't want to watch anything until then. I do like the way it looks though, the sharper contrast, (Fighter's comparing pics) but I like the colour on the other one more... oh well, I'm sure it will be good. Waiting for the BluRay and CD!! :kissy:

Where are you from, @@Breathless? (If you want to answer, of course).

I know that everyone was kind of bummed out that Like A Prayer was being included but watching, I felt something that I've not felt since I saw the show in person. It was so incredible. The energy of the crowd was insane, M look happier than I have ever seen her. It looked amazing, it sounded incredible. It's the most powerful version of LAP I've seen on film and I can actually say it's my favorite performance of LAP that she's ever officially put out. I think that performance alone excuses a lot of the other shortcomings of the release. 

Damn. So as someone who only has the highlights CD right now it's kind of a let down. I didn't think I wouldn't have bought the 2CD but it's $20 so I'm waiting for a reseller on Amazon. If I were to redo the tracklist I'd change:

True Blue instead of Devil Pray

Like A Virgin instead of HeartBreakCity

Dress You Up/Into The Groove or instead of La Isla Bonita

Guest ArthurBadin

that would be a show worth buying, but inserting TAB and LAP between DYU and Rebel Heart, and to do it well,is going to be difficult.

@@Bat-Fan, I've talked to you a few things. If you're on, please DM me. See you!

I know that everyone was kind of bummed out that Like A Prayer was being included but watching, I felt something that I've not felt since I saw the show in person. It was so incredible. The energy of the crowd was insane, M look happier than I have ever seen her. It looked amazing, it sounded incredible. It's the most powerful version of LAP I've seen on film and I can actually say it's my favorite performance of LAP that she's ever officially put out. I think that performance alone excuses a lot of the other shortcomings of the release. 

Well its certainly been edited well but its from an amalgamation of different dates so to me its not a true performance ? For me the best version of LAP is still the truth or dare version - nothing tops the dancing an intensity of that performance

Finally got the blu-ray and cd today  haven't listed to the cd but here are my thoughts on the blu-ray which i watched in full (feel free to rape my answers !!) 

the good - deeper and deeper, rebel heart, la vie en rose, unapologetic bitch - the menu - i enjoyed toac but felt it was way too much cut down and like the mdna tour it was too grainy ? fuck knows why ??

the bad-  why has no-one mentioned how terrible the 5.1 dts-hd master audio is ??? there was no sound from the centre channel ? no music - no vocals ??? wtf M ??? it also sounded way too much right channel front and right ??? the worst 5.1 mix i have ever heard ? her vocals should be isolated to the centre channel surely ??

i still hate most of the editing especially in iconic ? i was literally looking away - i dont why she uses this slow, fast quick cutting Michael Bay school of editing

to me the songs just dont flow very well - it didnt really start for me until deeper kicked in ?

messiah - definitely the worst part of the show - completely uninspiring - it could have been any song but why choose that ? the sex interlude was also terrible ? she really dropped the ball on the interludes on this tour - nuns ? again she has done this before

i jsut feel the show lacked any real flow and theatricality - its no Confessions and certainly pales in comparison to BA and the GS

Live ?? again and i have said this many times ? why does she have back up singers and a drummer when we never hear them ? to me its too much backing tracks again and too much focus on this and not the live sound - thats why i loved la vie de rose - it was just her singing with a musical instrument - no backing tracks - it was nice to have a pure live sound

im sure lots of you will disagree but being a fan for 30 years i just think the show overall was a big letdown and i just feel shes run out of ideas now which is a shame as her tours have been great up until Confessions but have declined in quality when she dropped Stuart price - im not a fan of kevin Antunes at all - sorry :(((

I respect all your opinions but we need to stop comparing stuff with her confessions tour. Time has changed, music has changed. She's trying to catch up with all of that. And as I said before, to me.. it is one of my favorites tours of her. I loved everything... theatrically we can say MDNA was her best, but the setlist wasn't that good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest ArthurBadin

This looks FANTASTIC !!!

I won't even tell that I am a little sad cause it's not the fvcking entire song but - telling anyway - she could have dubbed the vocals in Taipei's first date when she performed it in full (even using original vocals, isn't it?). But probably footage from that Taipei performance in particular, if any done, maybe was entirely scrapped.

At least almost 3/4 of the edition uses Sydney footage (the problem was the final 1/4 with Melbourne footage mixed with Sydney one, but...)

I won't even tell that I am a little sad cause it's not the fvcking entire song but - telling anyway - she could have dubbed the vocals in Taipei's first date when she performed it in full (even using original vocals, isn't it?). But probably footage from that Taipei performance in particular, if any done, maybe was entirely scrapped.

At least almost 3/4 of the edition uses Sydney footage (the problem was the final 1/4 with Melbourne footage mixed with Sydney one, but...)

It can be worst : it could have been a bonus only for Japan... Oh... wait... ^^

I love the edit and the vocals, if only the whole release was like that and not so epileptic :)

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic