Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

not everyone has time or patience to read this messy thread :cryin:  

I have no life, that explains it  :thinker:

However, seeing that it is the cheapest option, I'm considering buying it from wowhd. The thing is, as I said a few pages ago, that I recall reading somewhere that the quality (at least the printing quality) is inferior in their products. Anyone who has bought from them can clarify this?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only think that she isn't trying to only appeal to "hardcore fans".  Though, songs like "Mer Girl" and some of the tracks from AMERICAN LIFE being "hardcore fan favorites" might be stretching.  I think there are plenty of fans who love these songs, but I am not sure they are the favorites to the main base of her fans.

Album tracks from Ray Of Light up to maybe Hard Candy are fan favorites, but perhaps this is mostly true for millennial fans.

The RHT focused on the 80s and 90s more, so it was refreshing to me that she did TOAC which focused more on the later stuff. Some which had never been performed before.

Album tracks from Ray Of Light up to maybe Hard Candy are fan favorites, but perhaps this is mostly true for millennial fans.

The RHT focused on the 80s and 90s more, so it was refreshing to me that she did TOAC which focused more on the later stuff. Some which had never been performed before.

I guess it all depends on the "fan".  I don't think it's an universal agreement.  Not to say that aren't a large group of fans who like those album tracks you mentioned, but I pretty much find it subjective. 

I agree that it was awesome to see her perform those songs.  I'm so happy to be living in the digital age where even though she might not release everything she does, that it's usually and easily found on the web, even if it's not the greatest quality.  But she's done so much, I don't expect everything to be released.  And being the Rebel Heart Tour had a smorgasbord of extra songs that were performed, to think everyone's favorite to be included, generally speaking, is being unrealistic. I don't know any other artist who includes EVERYTHING they perform and all their backdrops on their video home release for every tour.  To me, some things should be left for tour attendees.  Even groups like U2 who tend to go all out with their tours and home releases, don't include everything. 

It IS a universal agreement. I took a poll  :tongue:

JK but there are a lot of ROL/AL/COADF supremacists, and honestly we don't get a lot of love from her in recent years.

I just hope the TOAC format (or something similar) will be done in the future to hear some of those album tracks or more obscure tracks. She's still yet to perform gems like Sanctuary live.  :hearteyes:

JK but there are a lot of ROL/AL/COADF supremacists, and honestly we don't get a lot of love from her in recent years.

I just hope the TOAC format (or something similar) will be done in the future to hear some of those album tracks or more obscure tracks. She's still yet to perform gems like Sanctuary live.  :hearteyes:

Amen sister  :Madonna003:

I agree.  In fact, I'm all for a one time Unplugged acoustic set, in a story telling setting.  But of course, it should be a album/Home video release, and something far more prepared than the TOAC. 

Not sure newer fans knew this, but she did express interest in doing an acoustic album of her hits in the mid 90's.  I guess it was a short lived idea since she never spoke of it again.  At the time, it was more popular for artists to do an "Unplugged" set for MTV or "StoryTellers" on Vh1.  I guess at the time, it wasn't her cup of tea. Meanwhile she went on to conquer new ground since then. 

So im the only person pissed that yet again we got no full backdrops on yet another shoddy home video release ? I dunno why people have the horn for TOAC as it was a pretty low point for her anyway and her voice was pretty wank too so im not surprised we are only getting 15 mnutes of it ?

Deep in my heart I'm concealing things that I'm longing to say...

I am not that happy to have the Showtime version of dvd, it feels like I already have it although it's not out yet. I still wish she had included extra songs such as Who's that girl or Rebel Rebel. The Paris attack speech and not the Detroit speech. The Iconic backdrop. The workshop featuring Hold tight. And despite the mistakes, at least a LONGER "excerpt" of TOAC. They spent so much tome re-editing the RHT vocals, they could have done the same for TOAC. But now it's better to turn the page.

Why is people asking for backdrops Jesus Christ.. You guys are so hard to pleased, the show was recorded is Sydney and that's what we got. I'm sorry for LDLHA, I guess she should have her reasons. And please... tears of a clown was a disaster, there were so many mistakes, we need to think that there's a general public getting this DVD and I'm sure they don't wanna see backdrops or Tears of a Clown on full version. More songs? Maybe, but the main show was in Sydney and that's the setlist that we got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is people asking for backdrops Jesus Christ.. You guys are so hard to pleased, the show was recorded is Sydney and that's what we got. I'm sorry for LDLHA, I guess she should have her reasons. And please... tears of a clown was a disaster, there were so many mistakes, we need to think that there's a general public getting this DVD and I'm sure they don't wanna see backdrops or Tears of a Clown on full version. More songs? Maybe, but the main show was in Sydney and that's the setlist that we got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. The majority of her DVDs are bought by fans, not the general public so... I guess, they should focus on us instead.

2. The fact that we are getting the Sydney setlist doesn't justify LDLHA and Lucky Star being cut  :drama:

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic