Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She will scrap the new album, movie and MDNA Skin and gives us Remixed Again, Revisited Not By Choice, Released as Punishment EP.

Featuring 

Messiah (Interlude Live From Sydney)
Body Shop (Live From Sydney)
Love Don't Live Here Anymore (RHT Instrumental)
Lucky Star (RHT Live Audio Mic Feed)
Rebel Heart (Avicii Demo Ripped Using YouTube To MP3)
Candy Shop (Live From Sydney)
Woman of the Year Billboard Speech
Express Yourself (Live from Women's March)

oh hahah. I bet she will post something about it if she finds out the dvd/cd was leaked.

I'm sure she expected it do so. You can't hand out advance copies for promotional purposes, and think everyone is going to keep it to themselves. To me, a leak this close to the release wasn't some advance hacking or such.  :)

The worst part is indeed the transition between Music & CShop, but i love how they blended the rest. The transition between the medley and RH is really well done, also LVERose to UB with that "light it up baby!" and the lighter sound is really well done. Even Holiday to LAP! And the interludes are not missed at all, at least for me!.

I'm sure she expected it do so. You can't hand out advance copies for promotional purposes, and think everyone is going to keep it to themselves. To me, a leak this close to the release wasn't some advance hacking or such.  :)

oh, still people have no respect i'm waiting till my copies arrive to watch it.

Review: Madonna mesmerizing on new 'Rebel Heart Tour' DVD and Blu-ray

http://www.digitaljournal.com/entertainment/music/review-madonna-mesmerizing-on-new-rebel-heart-tour-dvd-and-blu-ray/article/501998#ixzz4sB26nzhQ

The "Queen of Pop" Madonna is back stronger than ever with her new "Rebel Heart Tour" live DVD and Blu-ray that was released on Eagle Vision.

This collection features 22 smash songs from the "Material Girl." It kicks off with "Iconic" and the unapologetic "Bitch I'm Madonna," prior to her classic hit "Burning Up," which had a retro vibe to it. The DVD includes an acoustic version of "True Blue" and a distinct version of "Like a Virgin."

Equally fun was her "Living for Love" song, which was followed by such pop staples as "La Isla Bonita," and "Dress You Up," which was incorporated as a medley with "Lucky Star" and "Into the Groove." Some of the highlight songs were "Like a Prayer," "Music," her namesake song "Material Girl" and her encore performance of "Holiday." She commanded the stage for the duration of the "Rebel Heart Tour," where she proved that the pop throne still belongs to her, well over 30 years into her accomplished career.

With her "Rebel Heart Tour," Madonna was able to take the music fan on a journey of her hits over all the years from the 80's until her latest radio singles today. It was a true labor of love, and for a viewer, a treat from a musical goddess.

The Verdict

Overall, this live DVD and Blu-ray of the "Rebel Heart Tour" is a must for any die-hard fan of Madonna, who is the best-selling female recording artist of all time; moreover, it is recommended for anybody who may have missed her "Rebel Heart Tour," since it gives the viewer a front-row seat to that vivacious musical experience. Eagle Vision delivers once again. It garners an A rating.

The worst part is indeed the transition between Music & CShop, but i love how they blended the rest. The transition between the medley and RH is really well done, also LVERose to UB with that "light it up baby!" and the lighter sound is really well done. Even Holiday to LAP! And the interludes are not missed at all, at least for me!.

The blending doesn't bother me.  In fact, it's just "Music" I feel like there is an abrupt stop.  "Candy Shop" starts off fine. 

oh, still people have no respect i'm waiting till my copies arrive to watch it.

I agree!  I did download the 2 CD version.  I don't feel guilty at all since I bought it along with 2 versions of the Blu-Ray.  It'll just save me from ripping the audio once I have the CD's.

Umm... no. Lucky Star is not anymore being added. I dunno why the critic said that it's included.

To be fair, "Lucky Star" was part of the original setlist.  Most people except hardcore fans pay that much attention to some of the changes that took place throughout the tour. 

As for the audio of the tour, over all it's pretty damn good.  I'm not impressed with a lot of the vocal mix though. I rather just hear her live  voice than her singing over pre-recorded vocals or cut and pastes.  But I will say, "Like A Prayer" sounds glorious.  I also think "La Vie En Rose" and "True Blue" sound super as well.  Some of the mixing on the songs work, while other times it just sounds really bad.

A close friend received his today as well. I couldn't get him to tell me the contents of the TOAC selection but he did say "It's filmed very beautifully and it isn't chaotic. While I would have liked the whole thing, the selections that she made are some of the more enjoyable aspects of the show. The best thing about it is that it is filmed with care. It seems to have been done by a different camera team."

For Like a Prayer he said "The audio is crystal clear. She looks incredible and we get to see how much fun she had while doing it. The audience doesn't feel artificial either. It captured the mood incredibly well. She looks happier than I've ever seen her on a professional film."

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic