Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

Yeah the Wowow in Japan never happened.

But I saw people posting it with the Wowow logo. I think it did happen a few weeks ago.

Also, about the article I think that's fine, it was the same thing with the MDNA Tour and also with Sticky & Sweet. I checked the Amazon page in Mexico and the DVD is still available to pre-order to release it on September 15th. I think it is all a misunderstanding and the date is still the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome DVD??? Confessions Tour is laughing

well to be fair if Confessions Tour is the standard then pretty much no DVD from any artist will live up to it....

Confessions Tour also didn't have a whole lot of extras and people bitched about the artwork when it came out. I wish all of her live films were as good as Confessions Tour, but at least RHT is an upgrade over the last 2 live films.

Am I really the only person that is glad the show wasn't shot with a potato like MDNA Tour?

or she didn't like the way she sounded...

I think this is the most likely explanation about LDLHA... 

I also think it's understandable she cut Take A Bow. Just because we like some things as fans doesn't mean they should be out there for everyone. I certainly don't buy live DVDs to hear someone sing karaoke over a 20 year old album instrumental. :eyes: That doesn't scream quality.

I wish she wasn't so stubborn sometimes  :bothered2:

What is she stubborn about? Many times when the fans have asked about this release she has responded on instagram. She could've been clearer that the DVD would be cut but she still signaled that it would be cut. She also told us it would only be excerpts from TOAC so we wouldn't get our hopes up. TOAC was not good enough for a full release and we all know it, so when she said it would be excerpts I understood it and adjusted my expectations accordingly. 

If Aldo is not doing the cover then fans also caused that. 

I agree with people that her team is messy, especially for talking about a "larger project" and then leaving us hanging. They do this all the time though, they always raise our expectations and then burn them to the ground, but I feel she's been quite clear about this live release. I'm not sure what else the fans need to know about it. We know roughly when it is coming out, how it is coming out and what's going to be included.  :ay:

I'm definitely hoping for extras. Maybe I'm into more obscure things, but I'd love to see a segment on stage design, how it was all built/painted/used. That stuff is really cool to me. Also, as a theatre performer, my absolutely fav feeling is being in rehearsal, then the excitement of being on the actual stage with the set for the first time. That's really cool. Or EVEN like, the creation of the tour. Creating the set list, costume choices... I know I've said this before. But I wish it was documented.

I'm definitely hoping for extras. Maybe I'm into more obscure things, but I'd love to see a segment on stage design, how it was all built/painted/used. That stuff is really cool to me. Also, as a theatre performer, my absolutely fav feeling is being in rehearsal, then the excitement of being on the actual stage with the set for the first time. That's really cool. Or EVEN like, the creation of the tour. Creating the set list, costume choices... I know I've said this before. But I wish it was documented.

Yes I wish she included things like this too and we know at least some of it is documented from the MDNA Tour leaks. She probably documents it for posterity though. We can't have everything now sadly. :sad:

THE PHILIPPINES BETTER SHOW THE ENTIRE CONCERT UNCUT, UNCENSORED AND RAW. There are issues before wherein they censored Mr. Bean, One Piece and more. I WANT THE ENTIRETY.

Start searching for it on Youtube because otherwise you're going to be greatly disappointed.  Madonna and her team put together their vision of the show for home/stream/broadcast release.  

Yes I wish she included things like this too and we know at least some of it is documented from the MDNA Tour leaks. She probably documents it for posterity though. We can't have everything now sadly. :sad:

If you want to see stuff about how one of her stages (not RHT it's MDNA) were made watch this really cool doc

I also think it's understandable she cut Take A Bow. Just because we like some things as fans doesn't mean they should be out there for everyone. I certainly don't buy live DVDs to hear someone sing karaoke over a 20 year old album instrumental. :eyes: That doesn't scream quality.

That is why Who's that girl HAD to be included. She could/should have reprised it in Sydney especially for the dvd, considering the better musical quality of the acoustic rendition and that the song fitted better in the Spanish section.

That is why Who's that girl HAD to be included. She could/should have reprised it in Sydney especially for the dvd, considering the better musical quality of the acoustic rendition and that the song fitted better in the Spanish section.

Totally agree.  "Who's That Girl?" was one of the highlights for me when I heard it on tour, but it was starting to get replaced by the time I saw it live myself.  It may not have been a great re-rendition, but it was still quite enjoyable.  "Take a Bow", while cool to see her perform that for the first time, it was pretty much Karaoke like  @Fighter  mentioned.  It's kinda silly to go mental over the exclusion of this one since she didn't even sing the full song, and it wasn't a great vocal either.  

Totally agree. "Who's That Girl?" was one of the highlights for me when I heard it on tour, but it was starting to get replaced by the time I saw it live myself. It may not have been a great re-rendition, but it was still quite enjoyable. "Take a Bow", while cool to see her perform that for the first time, it was pretty much Karaoke like @Fighter mentioned. It's kinda silly to go mental over the exclusion of this one since she didn't even sing the full song, and it wasn't a great vocal either.

not a great vocals doesnt make any difference since she changes them always. It is either real vocals or good vocals.

not a great vocals doesnt make any difference since she changes them always. It is either real vocals or good vocals.

Well, it wasn't really either was it?  She sang over a track and the vocals weren't that great.  That was my point!

#JusticeforLikeAPrayer   Each time she sang it, it was one of the few "extra" songs she sang that really resonated with the audience. I believe the same for "Ghosttown".  It deserves it place on the DVD/Blu-Ray. 

To be fair though, she did a lot less editing to her vocals than she did with Sticky and MDNA. There were flashes of her live voice in there, especially on slower songs. 

As for Take a Bow, I honestly believe that she wasn't happy performing and that she never wanted to, but she was pushed into it. There has to be a reason she ignored it for 23 years. It's like in her mind, it's a song she regrets, which I don't understand, but we all know how funny turned she is about her past material. It's like she grows to despise songs as they age. That much is obvious with 99% of BS and Erotica being completely looked over every single tour. We may never know why she doesn't really like TAB, but I at least found it written on her face each night that she really wasn't into performing it. 

As for Take a Bow, I honestly believe that she wasn't happy performing and that she never wanted to, but she was pushed into it. There has to be a reason she ignored it for 23 years. It's like in her mind, it's a song she regrets, which I don't understand, but we all know how funny turned she is about her past material. It's like she grows to despise songs as they age. That much is obvious with 99% of BS and Erotica being completely looked over every single tour. We may never know why she doesn't really like TAB, but I at least found it written on her face each night that she really wasn't into performing it. 

Who understands her anyway? :coffee: She was desperate in the 90s to get a #1 and when she finally got it (7 consecutive weeks on the top spot) she avoided the damn hit til 2016 when she finally included it in the tour starting in Taipei, Taiwan. 

I just hope this doesn't mean that she's gonna change the date of release and postpone it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the BBFC website (apologies if this has been posted already):

Details
Title MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR Year 2017 Distributor(s) Eagle Rock Entertainment Classified date(s) 24/05/2017 Main language English Submitted run time 138m 16s BBFC reference AVV352048 Remarks 16:9
Components List

This work is made up of a number of separate components. Note that since February 2001 the BBFC has measured each component separately, but older works may not have the exact details, only a list of titles

01:58:44:20 MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR

00:14:53:28 MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR - AN EXERPT FROM TEARS OF A CLOWN

00:04:37:06 MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR - LIKE A PRAYER

Rating information

The version of this work detailed above is rated by the BBFC under the Video Recordings Act 1984 for use on any Packaged Media format (including DVD, Blu-ray and VHS). This classification may also be used when the same work is made available on Digital Video Platforms (including Video On Demand) provided that the platform is licenced to use BBFC ratings.

Source: http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/madonna-rebel-heart-tour-video

Is the runtime for this longer than the showtime TV special?

According to the BBFC website (apologies if this has been posted already):

Details

Title MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR Year 2017 Distributor(s) Eagle Rock Entertainment Classified date(s) 24/05/2017 Main language English Submitted run time 138m 16s BBFC reference AVV352048 Remarks 16:9

Components List

This work is made up of a number of separate components. Note that since February 2001 the BBFC has measured each component separately, but older works may not have the exact details, only a list of titles

01:58:44:20 MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR

00:14:53:28 MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR - AN EXERPT FROM TEARS OF A CLOWN

00:04:37:06 MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR - LIKE A PRAYER

Rating information

The version of this work detailed above is rated by the BBFC under the Video Recordings Act 1984 for use on any Packaged Media format (including DVD, Blu-ray and VHS). This classification may also be used when the same work is made available on Digital Video Platforms (including Video On Demand) provided that the platform is licenced to use BBFC ratings.

Source: http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/madonna-rebel-heart-tour-video

Is the runtime for this longer than the showtime TV special?

yes

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic