Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

tumblr_inline_nt780nGAa31ts1va1_500.gif

Anyways, under 2 months to go. Since everyone will be on her social media on her birthday or the day after as a 'thank you for the birthday wishes' it would be smart to then add links even just on her website for the release. Wishful thinking obviously, but come on even a half assed post of a damn selfie, talking about how good MDNA Skin is and how wonderful Raising Malwai is and just a small nod to the DVD is all I ask please.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

---

Back on topic :wink: I will see what info comes out on the release, but if it's 100% confirmed it's the Showtime edit, I won't be buying it. I couldn't make it through the broadcast in one sitting with all the cuts. :/ I'd hoped for something less frenetic, but maybe the CD is something worth buying as I love live albums!

Same, I love having audios of concerts! Even if it is going to be the rip of the DVD at least it'll be a full show not just the highlights like the film will have.

I hate when artists don't either have their concert out in a full format or CD and then we're forever searching for them to surface (Britney, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Rihanna, Mariah Carey looking at you). Kylie Minogue is pretty fantastic for having almost all her tours out either on video or audio format for the last 20 some years. 

It's the differences of opinions that keep a board interesting. When you all agree, what fun is there? It's the problem when people begin hurling insults or name calling that becomes an issue. Granted, I am a thankful it's being released, the thing is given her past track record, broadcasted edited versions were always released in full in their releases. That's why it's odd she admitted to trimming bits to fit the Showtime time slot but is still mysteriously releasing the same format which has been available for months. Some may agree with her vision, others don't but it doesn't make one less of a fan or more by the disagreement/agreement of the release. It also isn't "bitching or moaning" unless you're purposely spamming the board with multiple posts saying the same thing or actively insulting other users. People have to understand not everyone on any forum agrees unless it's run by an admin like on other pop message boards that ban people for the smallest things. I appreciate we can honestly post here about our pros and cons about M's career however, people shouldn't be expecting everyone to agree.

LDHLA was beautiful live. If I hadn't lost my files from the SA show which I filmed from the screens, it was done right and she sounded gorgeous. It fit the whole performance perfectly and this may be the only time this gem is ever performed.

Take a Bow wasn't promised but it was strongly hinted with the Sydney shows being used and recorded thus it has to have been filmed before the decision was made to follow MDNA's example and include multiple stops of the tour. Some of the final footage is even news reports with filters thrown to disguise itself I may be mistaken but a shot in BIM looks eerily similar to ones used in news reports. Back to my point, Take a Bow is a rarity in itself. Though I prefer the longer version rather than the shortened she did in Australia, the fact she performed TAB for the first time in her touring history, the decision to not capitalize on that is rather puzzling. I'd be sure the promo sticker on the set would read "Rebel Heart Tour - performances featuring new songs and classic "Bitch I'm Madonna, Holy Water, Unapologetic Bitch, Like a Virgin, True Blue, Music, Holiday, Deeper and Deeper and Take a Bow for the first time ever." Not sure why it was nixed. Also as other shows have footage included in the Showtime cut, other performances (perhaps not all the special songs) were recorded such as Ghosttown, Who's That Girl, the full DYU medley.

The problem isn't we are bashing Madonna for being anything but herself but so much can be done with this project that she alluded to but once again, it seems either her or her management doesn't seem particularly interested in making the most out of releases. She did with the three versions of RH and the different packaging, but the tour itself to include a TV edit and not capitalize on the amount of forgotten hit songs or rarities she brought out this time around is confusing. Also since she didn't seem to release a TV edit before which cut bits off onto her final releases, we got Confessions and Sticky and Sweet complete.

maybe she doesn't like the fact that she pushes someone down the stairs in the performance. she is basically killing someone in the performance. everybody knows how political correctness has been absurdly exaggerated in many respects.

that's the only reason i see.

What? But that part is included in the Showtime version already, even on slow motion multiple times.  :monkey:

Yeah, she pushes the dancer down in the Showtime broadcast.  I must say this is one omission (if not on the DVD/BLU-RAY) that I would like Madonna to explain.  I have to think something technical is involved here.

Still, it's going to be an awesome DVD with or without.  We're nearly a month and a half away.  :party:

oh so it's only the LDLH part of the song that is supposedly being omitted?

maybe it's about the rights to the song.

or she didn't like the way she looked sounded...who knows.

I highly doubt there is a rights issue to the song when:

1. She released the video of the song on the 94-99 video collection DVD

2. The song was played in the show

3. NO label would pass on the opportunity to have one of their songs very few people really remember put in a film that is being considered for an Emmy and being sold to one of the most dedicated fan bases in the world

The emission is coming from her side, I guarantee it  

Also Devil Pray, Medley and La Isla Bonita are not full they are cut

Also a verse in Deeper And Deeper.. the only part that really annoyed me is between Living and La isla.. That intro really looks that something was cut.. the rest of the songs if you didn't see the original show you can not even tell it was omitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybe she doesn't like the fact that she pushes someone down the stairs in the performance. she is basically killing someone in the performance. everybody knows how political correctness has been absurdly exaggerated in many respects.

that's the only reason i see.

But she's ok with showing guns in Revolver and Gang Bang?

But she's ok with showing guns in Revolver and Gang Bang?

i was only speculating.

lord knows she is a juxtaposition of everything, to put it in her words.

that being said, i can't share the dramatic sentiment about things being omitted. if she left things out, so what. we were there and there are tons of bootlegs, and everybody who is complaining probably has them. lol

Has this been released yet ?..... Lol

The editing was terrible on this - how can she seriously think its watchable ? And i cant forgive her for not including the amazng iconic full backdrop ? instead we get LAP which is an old file now anyway ? What was this fucking "larger project" her website were banging on about too months ago ? I hate it when they promise us stuff and never deliver on it ??

Madonna special sells for Alfred Haber

A two-hour television special about pop icon Madonna’s 2016 tour has secured major sales across Europe and Asia.

Madonna: Rebel Heart Tour aired in the US on Showtime

New Jersey-based Alfred Haber Distribution (AHDI) today announced deals for its recently acquired title Madonna: Rebel Heart Tour, which aired stateside on cable network Showtime.

The show has landed sales with international broadcasters including Nine Network (Australia), NRJ12 (France), Telefonica (Spain), Wowow (Japan) and GMA Network (the Philippines).

Produced by global entertainment company Live Nation and Showtime, the special is a two-hour compilation of footage from Madonna’s 2016 tour, which enabled her to become the highest-grossing solo artist in history, according to AHDI. It includes live material and behind-the-scenes images shot at her concerts.

https://www.c21media.net/madonna-special-sells-for-alfred-haber/

Wasn't the Japanese broadcast cancelled? Where is the 20 gb file?  :scary:

Yeah the Wowow in Japan never happened.

I don't even know where it's aired other than North America in December 2016 and in Australia a few months ago, so maybe they're talking about a new deal they've reached to air it worldwide?

Selling the show and have it air simultaneously the week of the home release could be a plan, since if they like what they see, they can go get it ins tore and if not, well Madonna and team still got a paycheque for airing it.

This article confirms that they'll be airing it again internationally:

PALISADES PARK, N.J., July 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Having just recently announced the acquisition of the top-rated Showtime television special, MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR, Alfred Haber, founder of Alfred Haber Distribution, Inc.(AHDI), revealed today that the company has cleared several key sales for the all-new, two-hour event, which was filmed on the recent 2016 tour that earned Madonna the title of highest-grossing solo artist ever. International broadcasters already signed on for this extravaganza include: Nine Network (Australia), NRJ 12 (France), Telefonica (Spain), WOWOW (Japan), and GMA Network (Philippines).

http://press-releases.media/alfred-haber-distribution-inc-finds-romance-with-key-international-broadcasters-for-the-recently-acquired-showtime-special-madonna-rebel-heart-tour/

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic