Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This drama...The Real Housewives of Madonna Infinity 

potter-gifs-gurl.gif

XD

(crying) "LEIK YOU DON'T KNOW HOW PAINFUL IT IS TO SEE THAT WE LOSE FAITH. I AM HURT LEIK REAL BAD... HUHUBELLS."

If it were to be a real show, then this would be interesting. XD

If you don't believe him then why don't you call or email them or wait and see? Its pretty rude to call him a liar. but if that's how we're being positive then ok werk.

I'm not the one excessively worried about it, nor doubting every part of this release.  It will be available on Sept. 15th.

Nothing is set in stone until we have it in our hands.

DVDs, blurays, even albums can be delayed weeks before a release. 

I doubt she would delay it to change or add anything though. Then again she did that with the album.  :eyes:

That's because the album leaked before it was finished.  That's quite different than what we even know here. We're just in the complete dark why the Pre-Order links were added only to be removed a few days later, but dates have not been removed at this time.  I personally believe Amazon posted them too early and took them down. They have been known to do that. No other distributor has even listed the DVD/BLU-RAY and live album, including the digital outlets.

That's because the album leaked before it was finished. That's quite different than what we even know here. We're just in the complete dark why the Pre-Order links were added only to be removed a few days later, but dates have not been removed at this time. I personally believe Amazon posted them too early and took them down. They have been known to do that. No other distributor has even listed the DVD/BLU-RAY and live album, including the digital outlets.

I agree with this. I think they put it on sale too early and it looks like someone ask them to take it down. Amazon is also pretty messy with new releases sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since when does Madonna (or her horrible team) care about what the fans think and ask? The DVD setlist will be incomplete and will be the terrible edition of Showtime broadcast. The extras will just be Like a Prayer and the Tears of a Clown jokes and not the songs. It has been like this for years and I doubt it will change something missing just 2 months to launch.

Madonna is an artist who has produced nearly 35 years of fantastic entertainment.  The Rebel Heart DVD/BLU-RAY will be fantastic to own for any fan who is a collector and just appreciates her vision and work or art.  This is the Madonna millions of fans fell in love with, and most don't come to "expect" anything from her, but simply appreciate. 

Since when does Madonna (or her horrible team) care about what the fans think and ask? The DVD setlist will be incomplete and will be the terrible edition of Showtime broadcast. The extras will just be Like a Prayer and the Tears of a Clown jokes and not the songs. It has been like this for years and I doubt it will change something missing just 2 months to launch.

Even though I wish there were more details and extras on her live releases, I'm ok with just having the film because that's the most important thing about this release and a lot of us actually liked the Showtime version.

If some people didn't like it then I'm sorry but she doesn't have to change it because of that. It's unfair that some fans bitch at her for that reason. We don't own her nor her artistic vision. She's definitely not going to give a single fuck about what the fans say when so many act so entitled and rude on social media.

Madonna is an artist who has produced nearly 35 years of fantastic entertainment. The Rebel Heart DVD/BLU-RAY will be fantastic to own for any fan who is a collector and just appreciates her vision and work or art. This is the Madonna millions of fans fell in love with, and most don't come to "expect" anything from her, but simply appreciate.

te lo diré en español, por dios que conformista eres, si Madonna hubiera sacado solo 30 minutos del show del Rebel Heart y la otra hora y media hubieran sido de puro documental aburrido, seguro seguirías conforme?, o peor aún que no se hubiera grabado nada y no se lanze ni un documental, también estarías conforme con su "visión artística" aún así fuera muy cruel en negarnos ver un gran show bien editado como el Rebel Heart Tour?, y si no me entiendes usa el traductor de Google queridito conformista :kiss2:

te lo diré en español, por dios que conformista eres, si Madonna hubiera sacado solo 30 minutos del show del Rebel Heart y la otra hora y media hubieran sido de puro documental aburrido, seguro seguirías conforme?, o peor aún que no se hubiera grabado nada y no se lanze ni un documental, también estarías conforme con su "visión artística" aún así fuera muy cruel en negarnos ver un gran show bien editado como el Rebel Heart Tour?, y si no me entiendes usa el traductor de Google queridito conformista :kiss2:

Look, I'm referring to what she actually has envisioned, created and produced, not these imaginary exaggerated narratives you just dreamed up and assumed I would be happy with. This is my opinion; I prefer not to suck the life out of everything she does over silly edits and exclusions.  The fact is; she's been around nearly 35 years, and I can personally say I've been quite satisfied with her work. The few things that might bother me, mean nothing since there is so much more I can find about her work that I enjoy. I'm the first to admit that I am baffled by the exclusion of LDLHA. I agree it should be included. That said; the minute and a half performance doesn't define the whole show. If the DVD/BLU-RAY is simply the Showtime broadcast, I will be fine with that because I thought it was fantastic!!!!   :Madonna055:

Even though I wish there were more details and extras on her live releases, I'm ok with just having the film because that's the most important thing about this release and a lot of us actually liked the Showtime version.

If some people didn't like it then I'm sorry but she doesn't have to change it because of that. It's unfair that some fans bitch at her for that reason. We don't own her nor her artistic vision. She's definitely not going to give a single fuck about what the fans say when so many act so entitled and rude on social media.

Well, I do not think like you. It's my opinion even though it seems rude to you. It's not because the show belongs to Madonna, that I have to conform and feel gratified only about fact it’s being released. As a product, I think the DVD edition of the show is very bad and it does not look like a live record at all. I never said and I will never say the show or Madonna’s art are bad. I really love the show and also the Rebel Heart Heart CD. My complaint is about the Showtime broadcast and also with the fact that the show is incomplete with FOUR MISSING SONGS. It’s the first time since The Virgin Tour release we’ll get an incomplete show. If some people do not care about this, I care and I will not buy a product that I dislike. For me, the issue is even worse than the MDNA DVD tour, which I watched only once. Anyway, there are many youtube videos with fan editions, which portray the show more faithfully than the Showtime broadcast. I will not spend my money with this product this time. Maybe in the next era. That's all.

Well, I do not think like you. It's my opinion even though it seems rude to you. It's not because the show belongs to Madonna, that I have to conform and feel gratified only about fact it’s being released. As a product, I think the DVD edition of the show is very bad and it does not look like a live record at all. I never said and I will never say the show or Madonna’s art are bad. I really love the show and also the Rebel Heart Heart CD. My complaint is about the Showtime broadcast and also with the fact that the show is incomplete with FOUR MISSING SONGS. It’s the first time since The Virgin Tour release we’ll get an incomplete show. If some people do not care about this, I care and I will not buy a product that I dislike. For me, the issue is even worse than the MDNA DVD tour, which I watched only once. Anyway, there are many youtube videos with fan editions, which portray the show more faithfully than the Showtime broadcast. I will not spend my money with this product this time. Maybe in the next era. That's all.

Four missing songs?  I guess I fail to see what "FOUR SONGS" are missing because as far as I recall, all the songs that were pretty much performed at EVERY show is there.  If you're going to include songs she performed at various tapings, rather the majority of her shows, then let's not stop at "four songs" because she performed far more than four that are missing.  In fact, 'Who's That Girl" was part of the original set list, and nearly performed at half of the shows.  The Medley in the middle was never consistent, and constantly monkeyed with, so I don't fault any exclusion there being she never performed the full versions of those songs anyway. Once again, the majority of the show is there. These exclusions don't change how fantastic the Showtime broadcast was. I can easily go to Youtube to experience the live show you're wanting. In fact, I have them all downloaded on my computer.  Better yet, I can just go see her live for what you're wanting.  In fact, that's what I did!!  However, Madonna's vision was to turn it into a FILM, not an ordinary concert.  I can respect that.  It's hardly as awful as some trying to make it out as. 

Four missing songs?  I guess I fail to see what "FOUR SONGS" are missing because as far as I recall, all the songs that were pretty much performed at EVERY show is there.  If you're going to include songs she performed at various tapings, rather the majority of her shows, then let's not stop at "four songs" because she performed far more than four that are missing.  In fact, 'Who's That Girl" was part of the original set list.  The Medley in the middle was constantly monkeyed with, so I don't fault any exclusion there. Once again, majority of the show is there. These exclusions don't change how fantastic the Showtime broadcast was. I can easily go to Youtube to experience the live show you're wanting. Better yet, I can just go see her live for what you're wanting.  In fact, that's what I did!!  However, Madonna's vision was to turn it into a FILM, not an ordinary concert.  I can respect that.  It's hardly as awful as some trying to make it out as. 

Well, good for you if you think it's cool the show looks like a film and not a live concert. Good for you too if you think the show is not missing 4 songs, but only 2. Of course if we do not count Who's that Girl. But IT'S YOUR OPINION, NOT MINE, if we can still have an opinion nowadays and that's what the point I said in the last post. If you don't care, I care about these things. Why is it so hard to accept that some fans might NOT just like one release without making them less fans than the others?

Well, good for you if you think it's cool the show looks like a film and not a live concert. Good for you too if you think the show is not missing 4 songs, but only 2. Of course if we do not count Who's that Girl. But IT'S NOT MY OPINION, if we can still have one nowadays. Why is it so hard to accept that some fans might NOT just like one release without making them less fans than the others?

Not one person said to you that you were "less of a fan" for your opinion, so let's not even go there.  We're all just having a healthy discussion of this release.  Nothing wrong with people disliking or being disappointed.  However, I do have to say, that some seem to come in here only to complain.  Just an honest perception on my part!  :smile:

I didn't say it's rude to think the editing is bad, I think it's rude to feel she should change it just because one personally doesn't like it. I don't know wether you do or don't, but some fans actually seem to think she should which is what I was talking about. Same thing happened with the album, some people were pissed she didn't include the versions of the songs they personally wanted (which were different for all of us) and bitched at her for it. It's just very entitled and irrational to expect her to adjust her vision to our individual personal tastes.

I don't think the film is perfect. I didn't think the album was perfect either. But It is her vision and I respect that as a concept, even if I personally would change a few things, but it is not my art. We can respect her right to have her art the way she wants it, even if we don't like the end result.

Wether we buy it or not, is our choice to make.  :)

Not one person said to you that you were "less of a fan" for your opinion, so let's not even go there.  We're all just having a healthy discussion of this release.  Nothing wrong with people disliking or being disappointed.  However, I do have to say, that some seem to come in here only to complain.  Just an honest perception on my part!  :smile:

Great to hear it. I still think that forum is a democratic place where people can still give their honest opinion and even if the opinion does not change a situation, people can show their contentment or dissatisfaction about the situations. But sadly, at least for me, it's huge disappointment about this release, but this era officially ends on sept. 15th and let's move on. :wink: 

I didn't say it's rude to think the editing is bad, I think it's rude to feel she should change it just because one personally doesn't like it. I don't know wether you do or don't, but some fans actually seem to think she should which is what I was talking about. Same thing happened with the album, some people were pissed she didn't include the versions of the songs they personally wanted (which were different for all of us) and bitched at her for it. It's just very entitled and irrational to expect her to adjust her vision to our individual personal tastes.

I don't think the film is perfect. I didn't think the album was perfect either. But It is her vision and I respect that as a concept, even if I personally would change a few things, but it is not my art. We can respect her right to have her art the way she wants it, even if we don't like the end result.

Wether we buy it or not, it's our choice to make.  :)

I'm looking like another user who used to answer every post here, but I promise this is the last one. I just think that Madonna (or her team) could hear more about the fans' wishes, which does not mean she should adapt her work to every individual taste. But leaving out of the setlist at least two songs never sung before and that was the desire of the majority, is to be totally disconnected from the big fan base she still has. On the issue of editing, it's a matter of personal taste really and I will always think the Showtime broadcast editing awful. If it is the view she currently has about her own shows, I can only feel sorry for her. But editions that do not portray the live thing and look more like a giant video clip, really are not for my taste and the MDNA tour DVD was the last one I bought.

I'm looking like another user who used to answer every post here, but I promise this is the last one. I just think that Madonna (or her team) could hear more about the fans' wishes, which does not mean she should adapt her work to every individual taste. But leaving out of the setlist at least two songs never sung before and that was the desire of the majority, is to be totally disconnected from the big fan base she still has. On the issue of editing, it's a matter of personal taste really and I will always think the Showtime broadcast editing awful. If it is the view she currently has about her own shows, I can only feel sorry for her. But editions that do not portray the live thing and look more like a giant video clip, really are not for my taste and the MDNA tour DVD was the last one I bought.

Some of us like the unrealistic editing so don't feel too sorry for her. She makes her live films a work of art on themselves, does she succeed always? No, MDNA Tour was a fail when it comes to technical aspects in my opinion, but I see what she's trying to do. Akerlund is the guy who can do it perfectly and he did with Confessions Tour and the live sequences from IGTTYAS.

Also, we don't know why she didn't include the extra tracks, maybe she didn't think they were good enough. Personally I don't think Take A Bow was good enough for an official release. I would rather see her do it properly with actual arrangements in the future. 

Great to hear it. I still think that forum is a democratic place where people can still give their honest opinion and even if the opinion does not change a situation, people can show their contentment or dissatisfaction about the situations. But sadly, at least for me, it's huge disappointment about this release, but this era officially ends on sept. 15th and let's move on. :wink: 

great to hear it. I still think that forum is a democratic place where people can still give their honest opinion and even if opinion does not change a situation, people can put their contentment or discontent in the face of situations. But my opinion remains the same on this release: a huge and huge disappointment.

Again, no one is questioning how you or others should be able to give your "honest" opinion at an open and free forum.  I certainly hope you're being "honest" but in the end, this is a Madonna community which celebrates her vision as an artist/entertainer and her projects.  When one spends majority of their time picking at her flaws than sharing their appreciation, then I have to personally wonder why they are even here in the first place?  Being "honest" is one thing, but it doesn't mean people should think they can only come in here and complain and moan about everything they don't like about her. I personally have noticed that being a growing trend here and at other Madonna communities. But that's my opinion, and in no way should be interpreted as if I'm saying such people or "honest" opinions aren't welcome here. That's not my call! That's up to the administrator.  I'm just pointing out that some come here to bitch and moan more than share what they actually appreciate about her.  I hope that makes sense to you and others, because more times than not, some tend to like to twist what I say as if I'm trying to claim I'm a better fan than them or don't think they are allowed to share their disappointments and concerns.  That would be a complete and wrong assumption of what I've expressed here and all along.  I am sorry you aren't happy with Madonna's vision of her TOUR that she had broadcasted and most likely will be the same on the DVD.  Maybe her next project will satisfy your appetite more.  Good luck with your journey with Madonna.  I personally feel it's been a great ride these past 35 years.  I'm just happy she's still willing to do this, when many artists at this point, pack it in after a couple of hit albums. Whatever she produces at this point is just icing on the cake whether I like it or not.  I know that at this point, I have nearly 35 years of music and concerts to enjoy.  And I highly doubt anything she does in the future will disappoint me either.  :)

Some of us like the unrealistic editing so don't feel too sorry for her. She makes her live films a work of art on themselves, does she succeed always? No, MDNA Tour was a fail when it comes to technical aspects in my opinion, but I see what she's trying to do. Akerlund is the guy who can do it perfectly and he did with Confessions Tour and the live sequences from IGTTYAS.

Also, we don't know why she didn't include the extra tracks, maybe she didn't think they were good enough. Personally I don't think Take A Bow was good enough for an official release. I would rather see her do it properly with actual arrangements in the future. 

I think this is a good point to bring up.  A lot fans forget to consider her reasons for exclusions, etc.   Just because most fans loved her performance of "Take A Bow", doesn't mean Madonna was happy with how it turned out. In the end, she wants to produce a product that will best represent her vision.  Like you, I can understand why she left off the song because it wasn't a very good performance on her part.  And I guess we could say, some don't care, just include it anyway, but I think many of us know some will find fault with the performance if she did include it.  Or they might ask why she included this performance over another?  I mean; why not "Ghosttown"?  She performed that far more times than "Take A Bow", and there were some great vocal performances of that?   But I have to be realistic here. It may not have been filmed properly.  Also, when we're talking about a show that was  constantly changed date to date, it's hard to please everyone.  I'm sure most every fan would love to have it all, but again that's not realistic.  I guess I have to wonder, when in her career has she ever asked what fans wanted over what she wanted?  Never!  This is the Madonna I've always known.  Certainly, I would love to have any and all live performances, but Madonna is an artist.  Everything is subjective, but in the end this is something she must live with.  This is the product she wants to sell. Whether it sells or not, isn't the point.  She has to be happy with it before the fans.  If not, it would never be released!!!  We get nothing!! And I don't mean to keep repeating myself here, but there is so much more to the Rebel Heart Tour broadcast to enjoy than what she excluded. 

I'll just add my two cents here on the topic of critiques being common in Madonna online communities:

It's not exclusive to Madonna. I think fanbases will have very little to discuss online if everything is positive. While it can generate some conversation, there is little difference in opinions, which gets boring quickly (at least it does to me, even if I wish it didn't!). Anyway, it's rare for me to see someone bring down someone else because they like something, even in a mostly critical forum, so just do you: express your appreciation and others can express their dissatisfaction.  If it becomes over the top critique (like saying this release and anyone who likes it is literal shit or something :lol: ), then it's reasonable to say "Relax."

I think music forums stay alive in a highly social media driven age because people want to learn in depth about the industry, the artist and even technical aspects behind the music they love, and with that comes a sense of "This is not as good as it should be and could be better if XX." I think up to this point, it's cool and can be quite educational! I know I've learned quite a lot about things that have, if you will, elevated my standards for what to look for when buying something (looking at you Celebration DVD, I will never buy you now!). Alternatively, I could remain blissfully unaware and just enjoy what I get (which is valid) but the nature of a forum welcomes in depth discussion about the most minor things, so it's just what you're almost guaranteed to get when you join. While it can be annoying to read critique after critique--I mean, it's not affecting anything in any grand scale, so what gives? If it bugs you, add people to your ignore list and you won't see it anymore.

I think the problem starts when they leak out of forums and try to reach the labels, managers and artists themselves to make changes. That is too much---you should never feel entitled to someone else's passion--especially when the tone is not just critical, but hurtful. But expressing dislike about an artist's art on a forum, even if it's constant, is fine. It's unlikely to reach the artist.

---

Back on topic :wink: I will see what info comes out on the release, but if it's 100% confirmed it's the Showtime edit, I won't be buying it. I couldn't make it through the broadcast in one sitting with all the cuts. :/ I'd hoped for something less frenetic, but maybe the CD is something worth buying as I love live albums!

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic