Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

In this context it's nice to read the interview with TOD cinematographer Toby Phillips.

You can find the whole interview here:

http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/12230-the-immaculate-breathless-blond-ambition-era/?p=566666

About the technical problems scene:

Yes, and there was also a whole thing where someone’s getting reamed for that in the movie, but I don’t think the real reason is established. What the movie does is make the viewer think that the concert footage is throughout the entire journey of the tour. But some things that happened live during that concert are sort of slightly out of context in terms of how they’ve been paired with the documentary aspects of what was filmed throughout the entire tour. But it’s done in a fairly good way and it wasn’t demeaning to anyone. It was what it was and accidents happen.

About the hair:

She had often used that I Dream of Genie hairdo, with her hair pulled back in a tight bun at the back of the head and it was my feeling that for the movie, that was a little severe. I thought that she looked a good balance between commanding and a little bit more feminine with the blonde bob look. I don’t know whether I talked her into it, but I told her which one I preferred. 
In truth, she probably could have done both. Thinking about the way it was edited, it wouldn’t have been bad to have a show where she did it with one look and a show where she did it with the other look and then through the cut, put in a bit of both. So, I’m not sure who decided that she just did it all the same way.

I always thought the mic accident was the only scene shot in colour not from Paris. But only now I realize she doesn't have the ponytail!

At the time of the release I was kind of confused hearing M saying "Alright America" with short air: didn't she have long air in US dates?, I used to ask myself... I was so young and innocent then, didn't not much about editing!

I could not imagine what could have happened twenty years later...

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What show did she say Alright America, do you believe in love? Was that the first US show? Was it re-recorded? Is there a pro-shot or bootleg of her saying this? GO! Lol

If you're talking about The Truth ot Dare documentary, then I think it's re-recorded. Obviously, the North American leg of the tour was her wearing the iconic ponytail. She wasn't wearing the "Marilyn Monroe" blond wig until she went to South America, I think. Plus, the show was shot on Paris, I believe so that's where they filmed it for the movie and then replaced the opening dialogue.

If you're talking about The Truth ot Dare documentary, then I think it's re-recorded. Obviously, the North American leg of the tour was her wearing the iconic ponytail. She wasn't wearing the "Marilyn Monroe" blond wig until she went to South America, I think. Plus, the show was shot on Paris, I believe so that's where they filmed it for the movie and then replaced the opening dialogue.

Japan tour and US/Canada dates = ponytail 

European dates = short natural hair

She didn't come to Southamerica with BAT.

@@SimonVenekeo @@Fighter If you read my post on previous page, the problem of editing seems to have always been a constant.

oh ok my bad i guess. i havent had time to read the last few pages.

so we're discussing her putting footage from many shows? That's not a problem for me. It's creative and I like it. My issue would be more about quality difference between cameras but it's not that bad on RHT so I'll take that over nothing. 

I hope we get some news soon. Now we're back at the beginning with an untrue release. What a mess.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Untrue release"??  What's untrue?  Sept. 15th is still officially noted as the release date.

I'm just saying, based on what Eagle Rock said to bat-fan apparently the DVD is postponed. To be honest, I don't think we know 100% what's the content of this ralease, Amazon could be wrong, after all.. they show that S&S tour is 1h45m lol let's wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they said postponed, yeton eagle-rock's homepage the news articke about september 15 is still there

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic