Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

It happens sometimes that things disappear from Amazon and later they coming back (or no).

Once I ordered here a DVD on pre-order and a week before they deleted my order saying that item finally it was not going to be release, and trying to find it again it was no sign.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It happens sometimes that things disappear from Amazon and later they coming back (or no).

Once I ordered here a DVD on pre-order and a week before they deleted my order saying that item finally it was not going to be release, and trying to find it again it was no sign.

did you place an order for a rebel heart dvd?

Just called eaglerock, she said it was postponed but not cancelled because there were some changes that needed to be done. I should have asked more. They were really nice, if someone else contacts them and has more information, please share it also. Phone number is on eagle rock page.

Lmao. And by this they'll probably mean 'Do we want a clear case or should we use a blue one? Hmmm. Better postpone the release. These things take time'

Lmao. And by this they'll probably mean 'Do we want a clear case or should we use a blue one? Hmmm. Better postpone the release. These things take time'

That person is lying.  There is no postponing going on.  As others have stated already, AMAZON is known to remove listings all the time.  It's no big deal. It'll be back up before we know it, and it will contain the very same contents that we've been already informed of.  :wink:

That person is lying. There is no postponing going on. As others have stated already, AMAZON is known to remove listings all the time. It's no big deal. It'll be back up before we know it, and it will contain the very same contents that we've been already informed of. :wink:

Ding! Mte. It's funny to see groups and forums say 'Maybe she listened to us and she's going to revise it'. Lmaoooooo. The delusions.

Ding! Mte. It's funny to see groups and forums say 'Maybe she listened to us and she's going to revise it'. Lmaoooooo. The delusions.

Exactly. This DVD is already tagged and bagged. Nothing is going to be changed at this point.  Release dates are set in long advance anymore. This is why films (and their producers) which believe their film will be a huge success, secure a release date before they are even finished filming.  They want to make sure they snag the best time to rake in the viewers.  Music is done similarly. Release dates are usually secured long before the music is finished or packaged.  This really pertains to films, music and entertainers who are quite bankable. They would most likely have had secured investors/producers to make sure their work is going to make it's deadline.  I see Madonna still a bankable entertainer, so she is still able to negotiate long in advance to any release.  Maybe not so much in films anymore though.

LOL we've been saying the same things since December last year when the showtime version was broadcasted. Why should her listening to us? No way! I honestly would like to know someday the real reason why we're not getting the full show. Also this is the first time we don't get a full show since I'm Going to Tell You A Secret documentary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL we've been saying the same things since December last year when the showtime version was broadcasted. Why should her listening to us? No way! I honestly would like to know someday the real reason why we're not getting the full show. Also this is the first time we don't get a full show since I'm Going to Tell You A Secret documentary.

I think comparing this release to RIT/ "I'm Going To Tell You A Secret" is quite stretching.  Just because she eliminated LDLHA which is merely a minute and twenty seconds of the show is hardly a comparison to what we didn't get from RIT.  Anything else not included on this DVD, wasn't performed at every show.  Yes, the core of the show was said to be filmed at Sydney, Australia shows, but it  has been said since then it is to represent what was performed world-wide.  The fact is, what we're getting is pretty much the show performed world-wide.  It's been edited in a film format, rather a conventional concert.  I understand there will always be people who are critical of this format decision, and I understand those frustrated by some of the timing of releases during this era, etc., but it is hardly a reason for the meltdowns over this and acting as if we're getting nothing worthy from this release. 

I think comparing this release to RIT/ "I'm Going To Tell You A Secret" is quite stretching.  Just because she eliminated LDLHA which is merely a minute and twenty seconds of the show is hardly a comparison to what we didn't get from RIT.  Anything else not included on this DVD, wasn't performed at every show.

THIS X 1.000

I think comparing this release to RIT/ "I'm Going To Tell You A Secret" is quite stretching. Just because she eliminated LDLHA which is merely a minute and twenty seconds of the show is hardly a comparison to what we didn't get from RIT. Anything else not included on this DVD, wasn't performed at every show. Yes, the core of the show was said to be filmed at Sydney, Australia shows, but it has been said since then it is to represent what was performed world-wide. The fact is, what we're getting is pretty much the show performed world-wide. It's been edited in a film format, rather a conventional concert. I understand there will always be people who are critical of this format decision, and I understand those frustrated by some of the timing of releases during this era, etc., but it is hardly a reason for the meltdowns over this and acting as if we're getting nothing worthy from this release.

I'll take what you said. What bothers me maybe is the verses cut in Devil Pray, Deeper and the intro before La Isla looks so bad because you can tell that something was cut off the there. The rest I'm happy with it, I gave up a lot time ago about Who's that girl. I wanted Like A Prayer as part of the DVD because I think that part of the show in Sydney was EPIC.

Careful, you'll get raked through the coals for that honest opinion.

It's like if the MDNA defect DVD/BR was the only way to get the tour now you'd get "Be grateful you have a live release. The white noise, bad sound and bad quality" is her vision and where's at as an artist.  :lol:

Same. If I got no extra songs I would have liked to eliminate the Detroit and marriage monologues and added back Love Don't Live Here Anymore and Lucky Star.

Those two and the extended Unapologetic Bitch will be so awkward on the actual CD. Those are moments you need to see not hear.

It's kind of embarrassing how difficult it is for her to include extra footage on her DVDs with songs/backdrops performed on other stops of the tour if THE FANS, the people who have always supported Madonna along the way ARE HUNGRY for it. Why the selfishness? We buy her records, we pay her expensive tickets, we always take care of her legacy on social media and discussion boards... but it seems it's never enough.

Angel, Borderline, and Burning Up (3 hit singles ffs!) were missing in the Virgin Tour VHS/Laserdisc release. The Blond Ambition Tour never really got a wide international release, Laserdiscs were expensive at the time therefore the format died before we even realised about it. We all had to get used to the Truth or Dare footage that ignored half of the songs performed in concert. Same case with the Re-invention Tour 14 years later... Now, in 2017 with all the technology available and music sales practically dead it continues to be difficult for her to LISTEN.

Madonna used to be known for getting ahead of the times in terms of how the industry developed, then suddenly got stuck around 2007 and decided to follow trends here and there til these days, but some of us continue defending her by saying she does what she wants but let me tell you something: I believe she only listens when circumstances are in her favor. When I complain other big artists and lesser known acts reissue their back catalogue with incredible extra material is for a reason, and it's because they already know the only way to get their sales afloat is by listening to their audience. Why the heck do you think vynil has become a thing now? Not because of record labels imposing the rediscovery of this old format but BECAUSE THE FANS ARE HUNGRY.

Madonna, if you want your audience to continue spending money on your releases you better open your eyes (or ears and listen carefully!). It's not our fault your last album got leaked way ahead of its studio completion. It was because you neglected your security in the first place and trusted the wrong people.

Whatever. I will buy the bluray and double live CD but only because it's Madonna and a new physical release always look good in the shelf. Same reason I bought 3 different formats of the horrid Celebration collection.

:coffee:

This last paragraph pretty much sums up why from a cost and production side she doesn't need to.

Fans will buy it regardless, just like how we all got the half assed highlights from I'm Going To Tell You A Secret, The Confessions Tour and Sticky & Sweet Tour. She probably thinks that MDNA World Tour and this release are a blessing to get the full show as an official product lmao.

This is obviously aimed as a money investment at this point. She probably got all she needed from the special. Let's say she made $1 million just from SHOWTIME, that's like selling 28,000 copies of the release (at about $35). That's a better return than the 4,000 copies of the MDNA World Tour 2CD and 11,000 of the film in the US from he first week, since the numbers would drop considerably as the weeks went on.

It's kind of embarrassing how difficult it is for her to include extra footage on her DVDs with songs/backdrops performed on other stops of the tour if THE FANS, the people who have always supported Madonna along the way ARE HUNGRY for it. Why the selfishness? We buy her records, we pay her expensive tickets, we always take care of her legacy on social media and discussion boards... but it seems it's never enough. 

Angel, Borderline, and Burning Up (3 hit singles ffs!) were missing in the Virgin Tour VHS/Laserdisc release. The Blond Ambition Tour never really got a wide international release, Laserdiscs were expensive at the time therefore the format died before we even realised about it. We all had to get used to the Truth or Dare footage that ignored half of the songs performed in concert. Same case with the Re-invention Tour 14 years later... Now, in 2017 with all the technology available and music sales practically dead it continues to be difficult for her to LISTEN.

Madonna used to be known for getting ahead of the times in terms of how the industry developed, then suddenly got stuck around 2007 and decided to follow trends here and there til these days, but some of us continue defending her by saying she does what she wants but let me tell you something: I believe she only listens when circumstances are in her favor. When I complain other big artists and lesser known acts reissue their back catalogue with incredible extra material is for a reason, and it's because they already know the only way to get their sales afloat is by listening to their audience. Why the heck do you think vynil has become a thing now? Not because of record labels imposing the rediscovery of this old format but BECAUSE THE FANS ARE HUNGRY

Madonna, if you want your audience to continue spending money on your releases you better open your eyes (or ears and listen carefully!). It's not our fault your last album got leaked way ahead of its studio completion. It was because you neglected your security in the first place and trusted the wrong people.

Whatever. I will buy the bluray and double live CD but only because it's Madonna and a new physical release always look good in the shelf. Same reason I bought 3 different formats of the horrid Celebration collection.

:coffee:

You have some very valid complaints here. Though, in all fairness to Madonna, she is hardly complaining that fans aren't spending money on her products. Not once have I heard her complain.  I think as fans we read far more into what is going on. Some seem to think Madonna is purposely doing these things to piss fans off. 

By the way, an honest opinion is very welcome in my book, even if some don't agree with you. We're just having a good ol' honest discussion, sharing our opinions. It certainly doesn't mean others who disagree with you, are "raking" you "through the coals" for sharing their own honest opinion. Thank you for having this healthy discussion. I know I appreciate it.  :smile: :wink:

I'm not complaining but can't we all be a bit hopeful for the CD/DVD release of RHT? Amazon removed it from pre-ordering and we don't know if there will be some changes in either the footage length, including the LDLHA extension to Heartbreak City or some other thing that is beyond what we know about. Remember that The Virgin Tour VHS/Laserdisc release lacked Angel, Burning Up and Borderline, the Truth or Dare documentary showed only half of the BAT performances (including Like a Prayer, Sooner or Later and Hanky Panky) with the same that goes for "I'm Going to Tell You A Secret" so I guess we shouldn't be too pissed off much about it.

Although I understand the disappointment of the exclusion of LDLHA, Who's That Girl and Lucky Star/Everybody from the flamenco medley, it's not like the ENTIRE concert is just 30 minutes long. I don't think it changed my view of the concert given the SHOWTIME edit release. Hey, I'm glad that I could save some pennies for me to buy the CD/DVD and include it in my growing collection of CDs and DVDs and view them anytime I want. The lack of songs will never change my view of RHT, being the most spectacular and scandalous tour of the year. However, I can feel the sadness and disappointment of how the concert isn't complete due to unnecessary extensions and more focus to other aspects of the broadcast.

But overall, let's just be grateful that Madonna wanted us to see the concert the way she sees it: artistic, bold and amazing. It'll be pricey but hey, it'll be worth it even just a little more or less. Be hopeful and positive. :)

NOW IF YOU WOULD EXCUSE ME, IMMA WAIT FOR A WEEK 'TILL I GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND SAVE MY LUNCH MONEY TO BUT THE CD/DVD. LEL.

Just a theory, but I've often wondered if Madonna's management isn't more aligned with a career like that of Barbra Streisand's...In other words, they save these "extras" for later legacy releases, when she is no longer competing with contemporary music. Barbra's concerts and TV specials were released decades later, and her core fanbase was thrilled. Gotta save some goodies for the later years!

I wish Guy was more driven like Caresse Henry when she wanted to release that boxset that was canned over that horrid, useless Remixed and Revisited.

Sure, I'm thankful she's releasing it on a physical format however, it leaves a lot more to be desired even if it's the unpopular opinion to criticize Madonna and her choices. I understand the RIT/IGTTYAS drama as it mostly focused on documentary over the tour itself and by then the Confessions era had started so she moved onto her new material.

S&S was broadcast with edits for commercials and stuff removed to fit the broadcast, MDNA was broadcast in full online. It doesn't make sense for her to make an edit simply for Showtime and then release, what incentive is there? I may be a big Madonna fan buying multiple editions of albums and collectibles however, the long wait time and "throwing a bone" really isn't something to applaud.

Just a theory, but I've often wondered if Madonna's management isn't more aligned with a career like that of Barbra Streisand's...In other words, they save these "extras" for later legacy releases, when she is no longer competing with contemporary music. Barbra's concerts and TV specials were released decades later, and her core fanbase was thrilled. Gotta save some goodies for the later years!

Sometimes I wonder that, but then I think I'm not sure they are even thinking that far ahead. But who knows?  I don't buy into Guy being a bad manager. He's convinced Madonna to do a lot of great hings we fans loved that she wouldn't have done if he didn't convince her. People also forget that Madonna is definitely "in charge".  I'm really happy to still being a fan because a lot of these people who complain about every little thing wouldn't be able to cut it as a fan in the 80's. She does far much more now than she ever did back then. Then again, radio and MTV was good to her back then.

Although I understand the disappointment of the exclusion of LDLHA, Who's That Girl and Lucky Star/Everybody from the flamenco medley, it's not like the ENTIRE concert is just 30 minutes long. I don't think it changed my view of the concert given the SHOWTIME edit release. Hey, I'm glad that I could save some pennies for me to buy the CD/DVD and include it in my growing collection of CDs and DVDs and view them anytime I want. The lack of songs will never change my view of RHT, being the most spectacular and scandalous tour of the year. However, I can feel the sadness and disappointment of how the concert isn't complete due to unnecessary extensions and more focus to other aspects of the broadcast.

:Madonna025:  I had forgotten about Lucky Star! There's no possible explanation for that one either. I remember it wasn't included in the Confessions Tour NBC special but was later released on DVD but without the dialogues. As for Everybody, Madonna stopped doing that song like in the 4th or 5th stop of the tour so it's understandable it won't appear on the DVD. 

Madonna, just add Who's That Girl, Like a Prayer, Take a Bow, Crazy For You, and Ghosttown as extras and you will be forgiven for everything you haven't done in the last 35 years  :bothered:

:Madonna025:  I had forgotten about Lucky Star! There's no possible explanation for that one either. I remember it wasn't included in the Confessions Tour NBC special but was later released on DVD but without the dialogues. As for Everybody, Madonna stopped doing that song like in the 4th or 5th stop of the tour so it's understandable it won't appear on the DVD. 

Madonna, just add Who's That Girl, Like a Prayer, Take a Bow, Crazy For You, and Ghosttown as extras and you will be forgiven for everything you haven't done in the last 35 years  :bothered:

EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE IN MIND. Yes, the SHOWTIME edit is good enough for me but adding Crazy For You, Who's That Girl and more extra songs will give me enough motivation to buy the CD/DVD. :)

Apparently the Rebel Heart Tour DVD/Blu-ray has really been pushed back as Madonna was unsatisfied about it's result and wants to apply some small but effective changes. That's what I found while browsing the web, according to this person a new extra has been added:

"A Mother's Life: My New Daughters" 50 minutes Documentary featuring Madonna's new adopted children, in a collection of Instagram videos, screaming and dancing; Exploring life as the day becomes night, and Madonna's new daughters grow older. Madonna appears at the ending promoting her new MDNA Skin careline, and hoping the fans enjoyed her vision of a live show, and says -quote- "If you didn't like it, F**K IT! Respect my art" as she turns off the camera and credits start to roll."

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic