Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

I'm gonna give way more information than needed but I'm gonna do it nonetheless. Just some fun trivia lol. 

The Ciao Italia was indeed footage taken from three different dates. Tokyo is seen a lot in the beginning. In fact, the footage we see of the stadium before the show with M sound checking in fact isn't the Stadio Communale but it is the Korakuen Stadium in Tokyo. A lot of the show footage itself was split between the Turin and Florence dates, but almost all of the visual we see of the actual stadium is Tokyo. 

Stadio_Comunale_Benito_Mussolini.jpg This is the stadium in Turin. Not seen on the DVD. 

3660cdce1eb1ef5b78580b3915807419.jpg

This is the stadium in Forence. Again, not seen on the DVD. 

16.jpg This is the stadium in Tokyo. Familiar? ;) 

The Blond Ambition HBO special and Lazerdisc release was shot almost entirely in Nice. There are certain crowd shots pulled from Barcelona, but 99.999% comes from Nice. 

The Girlie Show Live Down Under was shot primarily in Sydney certain audio taken from Brisbane.

The Drowned World Tour DVD (as well as the HBO special) as you know was mainly filmed in Auburn Hills (Detroit). Many fans also know that there is some footage of the opening night in Barcelona included as well, mainly used during the interludes and Spanish section of the show. 

The Re-invention Tour filming that was planned to be released used mainly footage from Lisbon but also included split second shots from the IGTTYAS filming in Paris, but these are noticeable if you pay attention to the fans in the pit as in some shots there are different people standing at the railing. 

The Confessions Tour DVD and NBC special was filmed across three nights in London (mainly from her birthday show on the 16th however any references to it being her birthday were removed from the broadcast and DVD). The audio is mainly pulled from those London shows however due audio samples are pulled from one of the other London shows that was not filmed but recorded as a rehearsal for the main show.

Sticky and Sweet was filmed across two nights in Buenos Aires at the River Plate Stadium, namely the December 7-8 shows. However, these dates had to be shuffled around from the originally planned dates. The show at the stadium that was played on December was originally scheduled for December 3, but technical issues arose that led to the cancellation and rescheduling of that show. The December 8 show was originally supposed to happen on December 6 but had to be rescheduled as well. This made the filming go a little off course. While 99% of the footage comes from the 7-8 shows in Buenos Aires, there was some crowd footage and audio pulled from Santiago night one. There were certain stage moments and dialogue moments taken from unknown shows from 2009, noticeable for the subtle costume differences seen on the DVD. 

MDNA as we all know was pulled from three shows: Stade de France on July 14, L'Olympia on July 26, and American Airlines Arena on November 19-20. There is some audio taken from other European stops of the tour to cover for certain moments in the show that apparently wasn't vocally appealing to M. 

And I guess RHT was from ALL over the world. XD

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna give way more information than needed but I'm gonna do it nonetheless. Just some fun trivia lol. 

The Ciao Italia was indeed footage taken from three different dates. Tokyo is seen a lot in the beginning. In fact, the footage we see of the stadium before the show with M sound checking in fact isn't the Stadio Communale but it is the Korakuen Stadium in Tokyo. A lot of the show footage itself was split between the Turin and Florence dates, but almost all of the visual we see of the actual stadium is Tokyo. 

Stadio_Comunale_Benito_Mussolini.jpg This is the stadium in Turin. Not seen on the DVD. 

The Blond Ambition HBO special and Lazerdisc release was shot almost entirely in Nice. There are certain crowd shots pulled from Barcelona, but 99.999% comes from Nice. 

The Girlie Show Live Down Under was shot primarily in Sydney certain audio taken from Brisbane.

The Drowned World Tour DVD (as well as the HBO special) as you know was mainly filmed in Auburn Hills (Detroit). Many fans also know that there is some footage of the opening night in Barcelona included as well, mainly used during the interludes and Spanish section of the show. 

The Re-invention Tour filming that was planned to be released used mainly footage from Lisbon but also included split second shots from the IGTTYAS filming in Paris, but these are noticeable if you pay attention to the fans in the pit as in some shots there are different people standing at the railing. 

The Confessions Tour DVD and NBC special was filmed across three nights in London (mainly from her birthday show on the 16th however any references to it being her birthday were removed from the broadcast and DVD). The audio is mainly pulled from those London shows however due audio samples are pulled from one of the other London shows that was not filmed but recorded as a rehearsal for the main show.

Sticky and Sweet was filmed across two nights in Buenos Aires at the River Plate Stadium, namely the December 7-8 shows. However, these dates had to be shuffled around from the originally planned dates. The show at the stadium that was played on December was originally scheduled for December 3, but technical issues arose that led to the cancellation and rescheduling of that show. The December 8 show was originally supposed to happen on December 6 but had to be rescheduled as well. This made the filming go a little off course. While 99% of the footage comes from the 7-8 shows in Buenos Aires, there was some crowd footage and audio pulled from Santiago night one. There were certain stage moments and dialogue moments taken from unknown shows from 2009, noticeable for the subtle costume differences seen on the DVD. 

MDNA as we all know was pulled from three shows: Stade de France on July 14, L'Olympia on July 26, and American Airlines Arena on November 19-20. There is some audio taken from other European stops of the tour to cover for certain moments in the show that apparently wasn't vocally appealing to M. 

Also, as I saw the opening for Open Your Heart, I noticed that one of the billboards read "Mitsubishi Special." 

post-4194-0-13607300-1498173973_thumb.png

@@Liam WOW!!! you are amazing!!!, what about the Virgin Tour?, Is 100% Detroit Footage?

The stop was for two nights, and as far as I know the footage are from both nights. 

I still will miss LDLHA and TAB on the DVD, they are beautiful and added to the ballad portion of the film wich is mostly fast songs like usual, ignoring her balads like always.

Again, we have NO confirmation LDLHA was excluded from the DVD yet.  Also, TAB wasn't part of the regular setlist, nor was part of any "ballad section" at the concert.  It is also not certain if it is or isn't included on the DVD.   So hold your horses before you get too disappointed.

Also by removing LDLHA and Take A Bow there are fewer slow songs and more dance numbers. She always does this and it is extra irritating for this realease. She knows her fans wanted them, but she doesnt care, it would not have been a big problem to include them but she thinks fans will buy any lazy release she offers. I thought she was such a good business woman, with famous songs on the dvd cover, more casual fans will also buy it so she is just asking for þow sales.

I don't think this is 100% accurate  :bothered2:

This is simply not possible, the show was broadcasted on the first night of the 2009 tour so... Even though there were a few changes for the Canal + broadcast later (which is basically the DVD), I don't think there's any 2009 footage in it.

Guest ArthurBadin

Also by removing LDLHA and Take A Bow there are fewer slow songs and more dance numbers. She always does this and it is extra irritating for this realease. She knows her fans wanted them, but she doesnt care, it would not have been a big problem to include them but she thinks fans will buy any lazy release she offers. I thought she was such a good business woman, with famous songs on the dvd cover, more casual fans will also buy it so she is just asking for þow sales.

Dear, at least Liam is telling us that we have no confirms about details of main film content, we are just deducting it by the length of it according to BBFC, which is almost the exact one by Showtime.

Maybe Eagle Rock Vision sends to BBFC (and another bureaus) another copy, more complete and definitve. Who knows?

What kills me (and maybe most of us) is all that lack of official info which makes some places such as that damned Brazilian fansite to assume things with no further confirmation, making readers to come with a misinterpretation of things. This is not the first time that faniste made its assumptions and put them as reliable, confirmed, and then they were victims of their presumption and boo'ed by readers. Unfortunately this is the main source for Brazilian Portuguese readers to know about Madonna, so...

And one more thing to tell: as someone told to Diaz, here in Brazil being successful is a personal offense to everyone else. So the "team" in which the owner of this site belongs (and where the guy who took the photo of official cover is partially involved since he has connections in most of fansites and is very known inside community of fans for collabbing a lot with fanpages) decided go against Aldo, having profit of the wave of hatred towards him, and they shout that absurd "campaign" in which they think they were "successful".

Most time I have disgust and disdain for those groups, communities and sites related to Madonna. It seems they compete on a war to know who is more friends with M or someone inside M's team or who has more connections and insiders' help to give their "exclusives". Of course this is the way "indie press" (and even normal press) acts most of time, always relating themselves with a group, team or party to defend them and at the same time having their protection by several means. That's why press is so discredited around the world. They don't even pretend they are supporting a point of view of someone or something. That's why the best way to know things is obviously not at third parties, but official means and sources. Even those latters are so claudicant sometimes (i.e. Madonna ones). At least it's the point of view (and the intended truth) by the one you want to know, not an indirect or second-handed info.

Naturally BBFC differs from the ordinary fanpages due to the fact it's an official bureau from British government. They cannot gie false info under risk of penalties by citizens. But even so people here and there won't let to question BBFC, as most people don't know the accuracy of a government public service.  :smile:  But again, Eagle Vision can give them a new copy or something, and info presented is changed. Period.

The main problem is that all PR's so far (including this new one by Madonna.com) are so full of sh*t and useless info just to fill their content and maybe this is on purpose just to fill readers with a lot of expectations that won't be come to fruition as further info is officially revealed. We don't even know for granted if Brandão's cover is indeed the official one, as nothing on the PR shows it explicitly.  :cry: So there's a lot for thinking, for speculating, for theorizing, and that sounds to me that the finalized pack will be extremely disappointing. It will be "much ado for nothing," just that. So why even bother to it? Just let it flow. Let it wash all over us.  :kissy:

After all, it won't be the first time she and her team will do it. And for sure this won't be the last one.  :lol:  So this is it. Enough said.

I think that judging where all the footage comes from is what ruins it for a lot of people, instead of enjoying the fact that it wasn't the same show 89 times it showed there was different costumes, Different hair, different audiences, and different speeches. Parts of it feel nothing like what I saw in Nashville (a lot of funny oh yeah I love to be drunk on stage moments and making fun of TMZ) but that is the thing, it was different and she tried so hard to showcase that. And I love it

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I think that judging where all the footage comes from is what ruins it for a lot of people, instead of enjoying the fact that it wasn't the same show 89 times it showed there was different costumes, Different hair, different audiences, and different speeches. Parts of it feel nothing like what I saw in Nashville (a lot of funny oh yeah I love to be drunk on stage moments and making fun of TMZ) but that is the thing, it was different and she tried so hard to showcase that. And I love it

Yes, this is a film rather a conventional concert.  I don't mind that because it's Madonna's vision.  I appreciate she wants to share various changes and perspectives of the show and tour.   The changes in costumes and continuity do not bother me one bit.  Certainly, I would love to get every song she ever performed on this tour, but that's quite unrealistic. And if it was a straightforward conventional concert, we wouldn't necessarily get that either.  

Why are they talking about a 22 song CD/digital download album? The show has got 24 songs or even more... some songs must be missing :// :thinker:

If you eliminate the video introduction and three interludes, then that brings the count to 21 live songs.  This may mean either one of the interludes or introduction wasn't cut and/or they included one of the performed songs that wasn't part of the original set list such as "Like A Prayer".  Though, I suspect the introduction is intact as it sets up the first live track.  Then again, all the interludes and introduction may not be included as well as the bonus performed songs, and the "Hammer" song might be included.  Only time will tell.  I'm hoping for the latter.

MDNA is the ONLY one so if you're gonna use an example to combat the norm, go with the norm

MDNA was the FIRST live album who had the full show on it... as you know, all the other live albums only had the best moment (as they called it) on it, but time has changed... nowadays its normal to release the full show, but when you do so, put the complete show on the live album so that nothings missing, like the audio version from the dvd.. thats my point.. I just liked the whole show so I wanted to have all of the songs in my collection...

I'm sure Who's That Girl is missing... or Unapologetic Bitch or so...

MDNA was the FIRST live album who had the full show on it... as you know, all the other live albums only had the best moment (as they called it) on it, but time has changed... nowadays its normal to release the full show, but when you do so, put the complete show on the live album so that nothings missing, like the audio version from the dvd.. thats my point.. I just liked the whole show so I wanted to have all of the songs in my collection...

I'm sure Who's That Girl is missing... or Unapologetic Bitch or so...

The press release and the latest thing both said highlights dude that's all I can say

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic