Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ArthurBadin

Does eagly rock distribute in US or only in europe since it is a european company?

Had to come back here to this forum (and to this topic!) just to answer you, dear @@Bat-Fan: their releases are worldwide.

Eagle Rock used to distribute here in Brazil first with the partnership of Microservice, then Som Livre i.e. Bee-Gees's One Night Only, which has two separate releases here, each one by ER and Eagle Rock's then partner). I think some releases by them are codistributed with Universal Music Group (i.e.: Katy Perry's Prismatic World Tour).

And yes, I am ArthurBadin. Don't ask me why I changed my name. It can be a temporary move though (It can be, just saying).

EDIT: Didn't want to be long here again (did I, people?), but for those who are complaining here and there: flood contact channels of Eagle Rock, Interscope, UMG, Boy Toy, Semtex etc. Make sure you're telling them about your disappointment. We know what they have in plans for this release, thanks BBFC. If we don't say anything, it gets hard to them to know what we want, doesn't it? See you!

Really here are my "problems" with the Showtime Presentation.

1) HBC/LDLHA Not having a beautiful dynamic moment that is the transition from the woman being thrown around and such. It's transitioned well but the badass that comes out for LDLHA started to emerge during that song, so we miss a part of that "character development"

2) Music- The Black and White only makes sense for the Cabaret intro, the background, the costumes and everything do not translate well to black and white... The ultimate transition back to color is so abrupt it doesn't make sense

3)Deeper and Deeper- The damn jukebox superimposed randomly over the footage it cuts in and out so abruptly and follows no rhythm

4)Iconic- Spends too much time on the crowd that it ALMOST misses the reveal. I wish we didn't get the back shot in the cage. It was so electrifying live to see her seemingly appear floating over the stage

Messiah- Was filmed terribly. Such a beautiful Choreography completely gone for face shots?

But other than those little nitpicks, I will be buying it/pre-ordering it THE second it goes up, because the moments that were executed right, were PERFECT Material Girl, Holy Water, Body Shop, L4L, etc are some of the best she's had in a while, you saw everything, you felt the energy. Those moments transported me to January of 2016 right back to my seat at the Bridgestone arena.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I agree with this honestly. As you pointed out with LDLHA, it does make us miss some of that energy build up for LAV. But, it was edited out really well, like to the point if you hadn't seen anything of the show, you probably wouldn't have known it was there. With Music, honestly I think it was just something that she wanted to try. See how it worked. We know she loves playing with visual tricks and such. With Deeper and Deeper, yeah this was one of the worst edited songs in the show. However, we kind of differ in opinion on Iconic. While it does have moments where we don't see some interesting things clearly, it makes sense that a lot of editing was put into Iconic, trying to capture the hectic nature of the energy of the opening. I will say that it should have calmed down by Chance the Rappers' verse, but it makes sense why it was done this way at the start. As for Messiah, I'm just glad they bothered  :lol:

You know what, I think I'm over it.

Over a year ago I was dying to see the broadcast version of this tour, hoping it would captivate what was in my opinion one of her most heartfelt and joyous concerts. To me the showtime version does not bring back that feeling at all. So wether they add the LDLHA bit, reinstall Lucky Star where it needs to be, exclude the unfitting cut to Detroit, realise why Edith Head wore shades all of the time (in b/w black on black on black doesn't translate into 50 shades of grey, just black) or see that the gimmick of showing aaaaaaalll unapologetic bitches is just that, a gimmick, and one that already tires you the first time you're watching it, it still isn't going to bring to life the experience that was RHT. I loved this tour, having seen almost every tour since the BA, this is one of my favorites and I'll cherish the memory of it, not so much the broadcast. neXt

Unfortunately I'd rather fight for unreleased concerts than a few missed songs on this tour. This release is giving me a headache :(

To me, the fans are the ones who have given me a headache about this release lol.

I don't know why people have been so extra about a live release. Nothing is really out of the ordinary or different from other times. Except maybe that it will be incomplete but ok. 

Maybe it's because I don't see the show in such a "tinted" way as other people. I don't think it was that joyous or intimate. But I mean werk, we all have different opinions, and maybe its full impact escapes me cos I didn't see it live. 

@@Fighter The thing is that many other singers release very special editions of their concerts, backstage, double dvd, double cd, and even if the concert is the same as the previous one! Madonna's tours are so unique and yet there is so few documentation! We feel we are treated so badly. And they shouldn't really invest on the general public because by now it's us the fans who are buying this stuff. Like my 6 copies of Rebel Heart album in all different versions!! Madonna owes it just to us if her album sold at least a million copies!

@@Fighter The thing is that many other singers release very special editions of their concerts, backstage, double dvd, double cd, and even if the concert is the same as the previous one! Madonna's tours are so unique and yet there is so few documentation! We feel we are treated so badly. And they shouldn't really invest on the general public because by now it's us the fans who are buying this stuff. Like my 6 copies of Rebel Heart album in all different versions!! Madonna owes it just to us if her album sold at least a million copies!

I get it. Things should DEFINITELY be better, but I honestly don't know why fans have such unrealistic expectations 35 years into her career when she's never done special releases and the last 10 years have been worse and not better. It's great to think "maybe things will get better" and ask for more, but to keep up expectations after we get confirmation after confirmation that nothing that special is being done is kinda crazy. It's like, why be miserable over something you can't change at this point. How much backlash can Madonna and Oseary receive and nothing will change. lol. Like I'm with you all but I can't be that bothered anymore.

I didn't buy the RH editions, they just left out songs on some editions and labelled them "standard" "deluxe" etc. It's so ridiculous that the so-called standard edition has no title track. It wasn't properly thought out. I only bought 1 version of the album and I'm sure many others did the same. The COADF deluxe wasn't ALL THAT compared to other artists, but it was classy, creative and high quality and I bought that and I still regret that I sold it years ago.  :sad:

I don't feel defeated after so many disappointments but I take it one day at a time, and if we get good things then i'm happy and I encourage them to keep it up. That's my approach now.

I know you wrote this in response to another member here, but c'mon... "Treated so badly?"  First off, most fans' issues are based on very little info we know of what the DVD will consist of.  Still, to say Madonna treats her fans badly over silly artwork and for how she edits her concerts or doesn't give us extras to the degree other artists does is just silly.  We're talking about Madonna here. A woman who has been going strong for nearly 35 years.  Maybe she releases the bare minimum when it comes to some of her releases, but this woman works her ass off to present phenomenal concerts. Many younger artists don't even work as half as hard as she does.  It just boggles my mind that some fans will say things like "I'm not going to buy this DVD" or they are "over it", or what not because she might edit out a small portion of the show or edit in a way that might not be to your liking.  Seriously, are you that disgruntled over Madonna's choices?  I guess I just come from a rare crop of fans who just appreciates she's still doing her thing. still touring and releasing original material.  Certainly, I understand people being disappointed about this and that, but some go overboard over it and think she owes us! She doesn't .  It's her career. For the past 35 years she's been doing just fine. I think she will continue to do so whether certain fans bail on her or not over silly things like art work and extras.  The fact is; the bulk of the show is there. You're not going to get anything else official. So yeah, you can say you're gonna pass on purchasing it since it might be the same of the Showtime show, but the thing is, it won't be.  It won't be the same.  It won't be the same not owning your own physical copy if that's what you plan to buy. It will include extra content that the Showtime didn't include.  It might not be the content you want, but is it really that bad? Honestly?  Most of what was cut out is hardly noticeable unless you went to the show and know it was there. Including LDLHA and Lucky Star. 

To me, the fans are the ones who have given me a headache about this release lol.

I don't know why people have been so extra about a live release. Nothing is really out of the ordinary or different from other times. Except maybe that it will be incomplete but ok. 

@@Fighter The thing is that many other singers release very special editions of their concerts, backstage, double dvd, double cd, and even if the concert is the same as the previous one!

But there are also many other artists who don´t release something at all.

Just a few examples: think about Michael Jackson, still no release of the HIStory Tour, Whitney Houston, no release of her Nothing but Love Tour, Kate Bush, no release of her Before the Dawn Shows, Spice Girls, no release of their Return of the Spice Girls Tour, Cher, no release of her Dressed 2 Kill Tour, Janet, no release of her tours since 2001, Mariah, no release of her last tours, Britney, no release of her last tours. And I could even go on.

So you can always see it from another angle.

I also think some are totally overreacting here.

I've said this before but even if some people don't like the tone or pacing of the film, it's GOOD technically speaking. It's done well and professional for the most part. That's the most important thing about this release and the thing she actually cares about as an artist imo. That alone should be a relief. 

Imagine if we had gotten another MDNA Tour film with bootleg quality. I wonder how fans would've reacted. 

But there are also many other artists who don´t release something it at all.

Just a few examples: think about Michael Jackson, still no release of the HIStory Tour, Whitney Houston, no release of her Nothing but Love Tour, Kate Bush, no release of her Before the Dawn Shows, Spice Girls, no release of their Return of the Spice Girls Tour, Cher, no release of her Dressed 2 Kill Tour, Janet, no release of her tours since 2001, Mariah, no release of her last tours, Britney, no release of her last tours. And I could even go on.

So you can always see it from another angle.

I also think some are totally overreacting here.

So true!  And I'm not saying we can't be a bit disappointed over some of the exclusions or lack of extras, etc., but like you mentioned some take it to extremes as if their whole world is going to fall apart over it.  Madonna is the only artist I will go out of my way to see her perform live. There is no other artist I will pay as much as I do to see her.  Call me a "loon" or someone who loves everything she does. I don't see that as a negative.  I just see that I simply appreciate the fact, she's still touring, and releasing original material.  Madonna could have easily retired years ago. I don't believe she does anything purposely to upset fans.  I also believe the reason behind the prolonged release is through contract obligations.  Madonna and her management aren't stupid. They know that whatever they put on the DVD it will not sell that well. Sure, the bulk of her die hard fans will buy it, but it will not sell millions like her albums used to. So I totally see them milking the money from broadcasting and streaming.  I also believe a lot of the exclusions she makes are due to her own personal taste or things she doesn't like.  She's a perfectionist. It might not be perfect in some fan's eyes, but are we really treated that bad as fans?  If anything, I think we're "spoiled".  Like you pointed out, other artists (even more current ones) don't release live concerts and put in the details she does.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic