Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just hoping that Who's That Girl and Crazy For You will be part of the DVD since Crazy For You has been performed more frequently and since she started the tour with Who's That Girl being part of the setlist.

Crazy For You was only performed 3 times though. Only 6 Madonna songs were performed less than this and there's 8 songs performed more and 2 other songs tied with it.

Rebel Heart Tour DVD will be:

-Awful cover made in paint

-the Showtime version without the Showtime intro

-poor bonus material (15 Tears of a Clown minutes without music, only blah blah, Like a Prayer all around the world)

-2 CD of DVD rip without any change.

-less promo

-bad reviews by the fans and the press

-Flop on the charts

-peace :kiss2:

-poor bonus material (15 Tears of a Clown minutes without music, only blah blah, Like a Prayer all around the world)

-less promo

-Flop on the charts

I got all emotional  :Madonna041:

-less promo

-Flop on the charts

Pretty much what I expect when/if Madonna.com confirms the release.

I for one can't wait for this DVD release.  I can't speak for anyone else, but for myself... it's all about the content.  It's not about the cover art and/or if bonus content is included. Of all the years I've been a fan, I've been accustomed to her just releasing the concert. Would I like bonus content?  Hell yah!  And she's been slightly more generous with that with her last few tours, but again it's about the actual show for me. Whatever else is included; I certainly welcome. I've learned a long time ago that expecting anything, only leads to disappointment. Madonna has never disappointed me because she's still going strong. She's still releasing new and original material. She's still touring the world and quite successfully. Most entertainers who have come along when she did or even after are not even doing half or even anything to the level she is. I don't expect a big promotional blitz when this is released. She's never really given much fanfare to her DVD concert releases, other than the film Documentaries such as "Truth or Dare" and "I'm Going To Tell You A Secret".  No digital format, or available stream will replace the physical copy of this concert for me.  If it doesn't include the songs she didn't perform at all her shows, such as "Take A Bow", "Ghosttown", "Like A Prayer", "Crazy For You", "Frozen", "Secret", "Drowned World" and "Who's That Girl", it won't disappoint me.  Would I love some of those to be included, again, "Hell Yes!".  But expectations lead to disappointments.  And what I do know the DVD will include pretty much what I saw at the live show and on Showtime, so it won't disappoint me. Again, this is my opinion.  No one has to agree with me or argue why they expect something more.  In the end, it won't change what we're going to get when it's released.  All I can say; is I just appreciate she's still as popular as she is and still entertaining me.   :)

I for one can't wait for this DVD release.  I can't speak for anyone else, but for myself... it's all about the content.  It's not about the cover art and/or if bonus content is included. Of all the years I've been a fan, I've been accustomed to her just releasing the concert. Would I like bonus content?  Hell yah!  And she's been slightly more generous with that with her last few tours, but again it's about the actual show for me. Whatever else is included; I certainly welcome. I've learned a long time ago that expecting anything, only leads to disappointment. Madonna has never disappointed me because she's still going strong. She's still releasing new and original material. She's still touring the world and quite successfully. Most entertainers who have come along when she did or even after are not even doing half or even anything to the level she is. I don't expect a big promotional blitz when this is released. She's never really given much fanfare to her DVD concert releases, other than the film Documentaries such as "Truth or Dare" and "I'm Going To Tell You A Secret".  No digital format, or available stream will replace the physical copy of this concert for me.  If it doesn't include the songs she didn't perform at all her shows, such as "Take A Bow", "Ghosttown", "Like A Prayer", "Crazy For You", "Frozen", "Secret", "Drowned World" and "Who's That Girl", it won't disappoint me.  Would I love some of those to be included, again, "Hell Yes!".  But expectations lead to disappointments.  And what I do know the DVD will include pretty much what I saw at the live show and on Showtime, so it won't disappoint me. Again, this is my opinion.  No one has to agree with me or argue why they expect something more.  In the end, it won't change what we're going to get when it's released.  All I can say; is I just appreciate she's still as popular as she is and still entertaining me.   :)

Thank you, how refreshing :kissy:  I couldn´t agree more :thumbsup:

My confusion about the extra songs is why not have the one that was performed the most often Who's That Girl? Not even because I want it or think it's an important addition it was just performed at most dates so I think it's an important thing but I would give up any other song in the setlist to have Love Don't Live Here Anymore, that medley was my favorite part of the tour live.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thank you, how refreshing :kissy:  I couldn´t agree more :thumbsup:

You are very much welcome. And I get why people want "extras" and a cool cover, but honestly when you look back, most of her Concert DVD covers weren't the most iconic shots from any of her tours. And there have been loads for each tour, and those would be subjective as well.  In the end (for me), it's the content. I love the Showtime performance and if they only included "Love Don't Live Here Anymore", I'd be a happy camper. If not, it was still an enjoyable show I would love to own on an officially released physical copy. I come from an old school of fans who just love to have the concert on a physical copy.  

My confusion about the extra songs is why not have the one that was performed the most often Who's That Girl? Not even because I want it or think it's an important addition it was just performed at most dates so I think it's an important thing but I would give up any other song in the setlist to have Love Don't Live Here Anymore, that medley was my favorite part of the tour live.

I'd love to have "Who's That Girl" included. It's a rare performed song.  It was part of the original setlist, but got replaced many times.  I suppose knowing Madonna for the perfectionist she is, they may have not gotten a good filmed version of that performance.  Many of these "extra" performances do risk the chance of not having a good recording.  Even "Take A Bow" when recorded/filmed for the DVD wasn't really a great vocal and even that was an abridged version. I can understand why she'd want to leave it off.  The nice thing is, we do live in the age of digital streaming and Youtube. I have saved those performances on my computer and if I care to do so, I can burn them to DVD.  I know not everyone has that luxury, but in the end, I don't think with this release everyone will be happy.  She will leave someone's favorite out.  And honestly, I do think one of her best inclusions was "Ghosttown" and it's a shame it wasn't part of the original setlist  Her best performance was in New York, that first night she performed it where she broke down in tears.  But it is what it is.  I'm just happy to know that Madonna is still willing to record new original material and perform.  Many artists from her generation have gone away or retired. 

Well if you're mentioning that then why did she randomly decide to remove Lucky Star from the medley. She did it for like 56 shows and then for the SHOWTIME edit removed it.

Well if you're mentioning that then why did she randomly decide to remove Lucky Star from the medley. She did it for like 56 shows and then for the SHOWTIME edit removed it.

Some of the medley sounded really bad. Sorry to say. Maybe she realised this lol.

I still wish we had LDLHA and thats my only issue with this release. but w/E 

Why do some fans tell other fans to accept what is given to us by artists? The show had to have been edited to fit Showtime's slot and I doubt they edited the hours of footage for a television broadcast. You would think they'd have finished it and went back and took bits out to make the timeslot without it looking like a massive jump from song to song/segment to segment.

We aren't expecting her to give the same treatment as she does for her photoshoots or records to her live tour releases however Aldo's work is just an insult to anyone whom respects the woman. The same person who is so fond of art, paintings and giving such greatness is going to attach her name to a cover/poster that looks like something made from Microsoft Paint on a Windows 98 computer? The bonuses are being held against her because of the long wait time and the captions made by her on Instagram so of course, people are going to feel cheated after a long wait time (possible Showtime rights), promises of bonus footage being worth the wait and a full/unedited show to be given a crap cover, a TV broadcast which has been available since December, and slim to none disposable bonus content? How does she expect to generate any sales from the DVD if one it'll be horrible to look at, the same footage is available to pirate online for free and no incentive other than collectors/mega fans? You have to make your audience want to buy the product and give a reason to put down anywhere from $20-30 bucks for a DVD/BR of a tour.

It doesn't anyone addressing the problem a fan or criticizing Madonna the artist but the method of her releases and how it seems she's just releasing the Showtime edit with only a bonus performance/a short doc when really, the full show has to have been completed and ready to release. Was I expecting every bonus song? No. Was I expecting a full HD TOAC? Probably not since it was pretty clunky at bits and she'd probably trim some of it but this release just doesn't give anyone a reason to buy if you could simply download an HD rip and burn it onto a DVD/R yourself. 

Why do some fans tell other fans to accept what is given to us by artists? The show had to have been edited to fit Showtime's slot and I doubt they edited the hours of footage for a television broadcast. You would think they'd have finished it and went back and took bits out to make the timeslot without it looking like a massive jump from song to song/segment to segment.

We aren't expecting her to give the same treatment as she does for her photoshoots or records to her live tour releases however Aldo's work is just an insult to anyone whom respects the woman. The same person who is so fond of art, paintings and giving such greatness is going to attach her name to a cover/poster that looks like something made from Microsoft Paint on a Windows 98 computer? The bonuses are being held against her because of the long wait time and the captions made by her on Instagram so of course, people are going to feel cheated after a long wait time (possible Showtime rights), promises of bonus footage being worth the wait and a full/unedited show to be given a crap cover, a TV broadcast which has been available since December, and slim to none disposable bonus content? How does she expect to generate any sales from the DVD if one it'll be horrible to look at, the same footage is available to pirate online for free and no incentive other than collectors/mega fans? You have to make your audience want to buy the product and give a reason to put down anywhere from $20-30 bucks for a DVD/BR of a tour.

It doesn't anyone addressing the problem a fan or criticizing Madonna the artist but the method of her releases and how it seems she's just releasing the Showtime edit with only a bonus performance/a short doc when really, the full show has to have been completed and ready to release. Was I expecting every bonus song? No. Was I expecting a full HD TOAC? Probably not since it was pretty clunky at bits and she'd probably trim some of it but this release just doesn't give anyone a reason to buy if you could simply download an HD rip and burn it onto a DVD/R yourself. 

Word.

So what I wonder is, isn't it possible to release the DVD with the whole show on it and give Showtime the edit they required? You know, like Confessions Tour broadcast on TV without 'Live to Tell' but the DVD including it?

Really here are my "problems" with the Showtime Presentation.

1) HBC/LDLHA Not having a beautiful dynamic moment that is the transition from the woman being thrown around and such. It's transitioned well but the badass that comes out for LDLHA started to emerge during that song, so we miss a part of that "character development"

2) Music- The Black and White only makes sense for the Cabaret intro, the background, the costumes and everything do not translate well to black and white... The ultimate transition back to color is so abrupt it doesn't make sense

3)Deeper and Deeper- The damn jukebox superimposed randomly over the footage it cuts in and out so abruptly and follows no rhythm

4)Iconic- Spends too much time on the crowd that it ALMOST misses the reveal. I wish we didn't get the back shot in the cage. It was so electrifying live to see her seemingly appear floating over the stage

Messiah- Was filmed terribly. Such a beautiful Choreography completely gone for face shots?

But other than those little nitpicks, I will be buying it/pre-ordering it THE second it goes up, because the moments that were executed right, were PERFECT Material Girl, Holy Water, Body Shop, L4L, etc are some of the best she's had in a while, you saw everything, you felt the energy. Those moments transported me to January of 2016 right back to my seat at the Bridgestone arena.

Word.

So what I wonder is, isn't it possible to release the DVD with the whole show on it and give Showtime the edit they required? You know, like Confessions Tour broadcast on TV without 'Live to Tell' but the DVD including it?

maybe it was edited for North America, because the Latin American broadcast in December 2006 had her live performance on the mirror cross.

It's not just about getting more or the full show, my issue is that  if LDLHA isn't included then that means it was never edited, and she edited the show ONLY for Showtime taking into account their time restriction, which is disappointing as hell cos it shows she only cared about it as a product to be sold for broadcast and not as her art, and not even thinking about the release later, which is for the fans. Should've edited it to be however long and then edit it down for broadcast like always.  :thinker:

Fans should be upset tbh.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic