Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ArthurBadin

Rumours that as a bonus, Tears of a Clown will be a 15-minute featurette. Source is very unreliable, so I'm asking if any of you heard about this too.

Where have you been, dear @@poserdemadonna? (I'm talking to you in English cause, you know...)

If you're referring to some site we both know, they indeed informed the source (in an almost very hard to read though).

Com lançamento divulgado para 15/Setembro, o registro oficial da Rebel Heart Tour em DVD e Bluray teve novos detalhes revelados.

Como extra terá o show Tears of a Clown, mas apenas um compacto de 15 minutos. Outro item extra será a performance de Like a Prayer.

(...)

Via BBFC

Notice the part I put simultaneously in bold and italic. It does bring up the source. The same one brought by Fighter.

Of course you don't need ever to confirm whether it's the same Brazilian site you had mentioned, I've only brought their info to the table just to show you, my beloved Poser, that if they are, they put the source (very classy, no? hehehehe).

On a sidenote, I've just watched again the LAP performance in Melbourne, and, as @@blondboi559 had commented, any Sydney performance would be better (wtf the hair, the costume, the face, anyway wtf everything), but, again, why the inclusion of that LAP Melbourne frame on York Studios ad? (maybe cause they are indeed from Melbourne? So I'll give it the benefit of the doubt).

And, honestly, I don't believe Stockholm's performance will be the chosen one. For obvious reasons.

Guest ArthurBadin

And instead Hold tight rehearsals she could put a lot of vídeos of her sons riding and doing things that are by far more interesting than Ghosttown or Take a Bow live.

Sorry Fighter again. Still can't handle the multiquote button. Maybe I should put the blame on the colective shock by everything that is related so far to that release, shouldn't I?

@@o_g_c_x, the question is that M herself should have decided not including any TAB (or Secret, or DTM, and the list goes on and on) performance but only a LAP one as bonus. Maybe due to logistics involving time restraints (I know it's not an excuse, but maybe for Eagle Rock and UMG indeed is), maybe due to those performances had been very awful by her vision (especially the TAB ones). Take a Bow was indeed such a disaster in any single rendition of it during RHT that M realized she could save this song for a better performance on a latter tour (maybe as well as a settled act, who knows?). The same can be applied to Secret or Don't Tell Me. (However, she can easily include both TAB and DTM on that 15-min feaurette of TOAC1). But even TOAC1 performance of TAB was... well, there's a word to describe it... it is... awkward; so, let's be rational, ok?

I truly understand M's and Eagle Rock's ultimate decision to present the final DVD/BD product as shown by BBFC. If I were an average DVD consumer, from GP, wouldn't want to see any more thing than the actually brought up into the release. Of course I'm a stan, and things are different with people like me, people like us; but, if Eagle Rock, Boy Toy, Interscope etc. think that even we stans will buy the media in spite of what it brings, even when it will be discounted on any promotion of the day or the season, such as Black Friday; only the buy will be a profit for labels. Labels target the maximum potential of consumers. They do researches outside and inside their circles to know, to programme about a near release to know how to develop it and to deliver it to final consumers. For sure they have understood the best way to present this release is releasing the Showtime feature presentation with any plus material, but with the "goodies", I mean, its few extra contents. The question as a whole and its consequences are so simple cause capitalism and market economy are indeed very simple: they only look for the law of offer and search combined with the low production cost (and the massive production factoring) and the profits and earnings with the sells.

They rather thought, "but stans have already the entire concert, the entire 2h30min main concert film edited by anyone by fanmade means, and also the 2h full TOAC1 caught by any platform such as Periscope, so why bother with them? We need to target people who don't have already the concert film and won't bother if has some lack of material on it; by the way, even the most angry stans will buy our product eventually, to have it on their collections, to help their idol to keep rich, to thank their idol's effort on editing the official register or whatsoever, but, for some reason, for any reason, they will buy the DVD/BD/CD and we'll get satisfied without have ourselves bothered to develop what they originally wanted or demanded. We'll be always the luck ones again", and so the planet spins around and there's more a day. a week, a year and a decade. And enough.

Of course we won't forget they could have saved a reissue with the footage from whole concert for an occasion when GP will want Madonna more than nowadays (we know when, don't we?).

So that's what we have for now. Of course the main guilty, again, is M herself. But she seems so proud and confident of her work, so, who will have the nerve to point her a finger? She's the boss, isn't she?

Guest ArthurBadin

Throwing my hat into the ring with fan-made artwork, because why not. :lol:  I was watching the Showtime special last night and had an idea for a Rebel-red vinyl release for the tour to make it a little bit more special than what we seem to be getting.

It's such a shame that Madonna chooses to use that Aldo Diaz artworks instead of so many amazing, really inspired, delightful creations by our beloved members from infinity. @@valonqar, @@G House, @@OhMadonna, and you @@WhitePanda, all of you should be hired by Eagle Rock, Boy Toy, Interscope, UMG etc. to show what is a respectful, awesome, incredible way to celebrate and portrait a Madonna product. Y'all are more than deserved to have your creations immortalized on official M releases.

And I have to do a mea culpa right now. I beg the pardon of all people here when I brought bad news to the table and, even worse, when I pushed the damned, awful point of view of corporations and their capitalist rules here. I guess most people felt uncomfortable even to analyze what I've been saying.

In fact, that wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't be a sign of conformism, as if we should take those thoughts by granted and get done by what we'll have according to which we've been watching so far. We need to raise our voices, express our anger and disappointment, even if BBFC has given a wrong, incomplete or temporary information. We need to know what Eagle Rock and Boy Toy are preparing for us. We need to let them clear that whether we'll get that release, we don't want it. We deserve a better product by M, after all we all are tired of having the same half-assed live video releases by her. We want this time a proper release worthy of her legacy as the Queen of Pop she is and our eternal loyalty to her. It sounds very strange to say that, but if it will be us the ones who will buy it for sure and give our coins to her and her labels, we need to make a noise. WE DON'T LIKE IT, WE WANT SOMETHING BETTER. (Sorry for the Caps Lock.) We don't want Aldo Diaz's problematic artwork, we don't want Showtime feature presentation without any missing performance and we don't want the kind of extras like 15 min of jokes or a LAP performance - and nothing else - when she seems like a wasted junkie. I know nothing of this is confirmed yet, but judging by what we've been deducting by the few tidbits on M's IG, as well on those messy PR's and AD's by companies involved on that release, all possible scenarios so far are very frightening, to say the least.

So we all need to express ourselves. If Eagle Rock needs our money to get profit from the release, they need to know what we think about we know about it so far. If they count mainly on GP viewers who don't have an idea of what they will find, nor they are interested on getting the whole picture (pondering average people would be tired of watching a more-than-2h Madonna special, especially in these days when everyone outside her fans and stans are completely tired of her), they should know the average GP wouldn't be more interested about owning a M live video release than us, M stans and fans. They need to know it. For God's sake.

Guest ArthurBadin

9292252_reading-week-as-told-by-titus-an

Have to agree. Enough of preaching. Let future will tell it by itself. And honestly I don't care about anything anymore. As I said in a previous post, most people around would rather watch a 2h-length concert movie by her, nothing less, nothing more. She shouldn't have performed more than 120min on a stage. All main problems with the official register arise from the fact she presented a tour with concerts that lasted an average of 2h15min of runtime. What to choose to keep for the broadcast, what to choose to keep for the DVD. And that's enough. Let's wait till September. M will win us again with more this release. Congrats.

Soemeone that I have on my FB and Instagram accounts that works for Madonna or something is watching the DVD already.

Which means nothing since we basically know what the end result is, but at least there's work being done.

I think the release is ready. They just aren't releasing it for broadcast reasons or w/e other business. Honestly I doubt there's much work to be done other than manufacturing. 

Soemeone that I have on my FB and Instagram accounts that works for Madonna or something is watching the DVD already.

Which means nothing since we basically know what the end result is, but at least there's work being done.

cant you ask what they are watching or why? Lol. Is it possible things are changing?

I think the release is ready. They just aren't releasing it for broadcast reasons or w/e other business. Honestly I doubt there's much work to be done other than manufacturing.

My thoughts too. They're probably doing a test print and let's hope they've learned their lesson from MDNA World Tour and are checking things like the audio lol.

My thoughts too. They're probably doing a test print and let's hope they've learned their lesson from MDNA World Tour and are checking things like the audio lol.

Clearly no one in her team knows about those type of things... I bet we all seem crazy to them complaining about the obvious shodiness when they think everything madonna does is gold and perfect.

Guest ArthurBadin

Holy crap ArthurBadin you write a lot in every post.

I'll have a break from this. Can't see any interesting thing to say by now. I'll stay on another sections. Thank you for reminding me of it lol;

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic