Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

from our friends at madonnaextreme heres some news on the dvd 

* NEWS: REBEL HEART TOUR DVD / BLURAY output is expected in April / May 2017.

After an endless waiting the preview aired on Showtime Networks in December had not been heard, but the deadline passed preview of the rights will finally be put on the market.
#Showtime Allows transmissions of up to two hours, while we know that the complete record will last more than 2 hours and 15 minutes since it will also include "Love Do not Live Here Anymore" and a song on demand, while in the extra content will be the 'exclusive intimate show of "Tears of a Clown".
Moreover, already in 2009 even with the Sticky & Sweet tour after it was broadcast on TV only after six months to March 2010 he was later released.
Meanwhile some other rumor on the net suggests that Madonna wanted to change and add more content
On the occasion of the #RebelHeartTour #Premierein the United Kingdom, supported by the Madonna team event to be held Saturday, March 25 at G-A-Y in the Soho district of London, could be revealed official word on the release date.
We just have to wait even a few months ... So stay tuned #Madonna #QueenOfPop #RebelHeart#TearsOfAClown

thanks to: divinityofmusic

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ArthurBadin

https://youtu.be/F-SEGrximHo

It's blocked for me but by "CBS"?

CBS Corporation owns Showtime Networks, which owns the rights of the concert film.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Showtime_(TV_network)

However I do think it's strange CBS blocked the MadonnaRandD's video in Canada, cause The Movie Network (which owns the rights to broadcast the concert film there) owns to Bell Media. Maybe it's because a partnership deal valid in both countries.

From where I live (Brazil), I can see the video. It has indeed the option to be seen in 1080p. Of course it's a question of time to this video be removed. Actually two of the four full concert film videos I'd shown here in the day following the one I joined this forum are not available anymore (have been removed by copyright infringement). The same seems to have happened with the previous uploaded by MadonnaRandD which was an English-subtitled one too.

I think the reason behind we can still watch some of those videos is because Showtime might be facing a serious problem in selling the rights to overseas networks, just like happened with that Dutch one. So allowing full RHT videos is the way YouTube and even CBS have seen to enable the concert film to be watched overseas without the conditions @@Enrico told us (the "unofficial downloads"). Probably when RHT is being broadcast outside North America, those YT videos will be blocked by CBS in any country what broadcasts RHT.

CBS Corporation owns Showtime Networks, which owns the rights of the concert film.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Showtime_(TV_network)

However I do think it's strange CBS blocked the MadonnaRandD's video in Canada, cause The Movie Network (which owns the rights to broadcast the concert film there) owns to Bell Media. Maybe it's because a partnership deal valid in both countries.

From where I live (Brazil), I can see the video. It has indeed the option to be seen in 1080p. Of course it's a question of time to this video be removed. Actually two of the four full concert film videos I'd shown here in the day following the one I joined this forum are not available anymore (have been removed by copyright infringement). The same seems to have happened with the previous uploaded by MadonnaRandD which was an English-subtitled one too.

I think the reason behind we can still watch some of those videos is because Showtime might be facing a serious problem in selling the rights to overseas networks, just like happened with that Dutch one. So allowing full RHT videos is the way YouTube and even CBS have seen to enable the concert film to be watched overseas without the conditions @@Enrico told us (the "unofficial downloads"). Probably when RHT is being broadcast outside North America, those YT videos will be blocked by CBS in any country what broadcasts RHT.

:poo:

from our friends at madonnaextreme heres some news on the dvd

* NEWS: REBEL HEART TOUR DVD / BLURAY output is expected in April / May 2017.

After an endless waiting the preview aired on Showtime Networks in December had not been heard, but the deadline passed preview of the rights will finally be put on the market.

#Showtime Allows transmissions of up to two hours, while we know that the complete record will last more than 2 hours and 15 minutes since it will also include "Love Do not Live Here Anymore" and a song on demand, while in the extra content will be the 'exclusive intimate show of "Tears of a Clown".

Moreover, already in 2009 even with the Sticky & Sweet tour after it was broadcast on TV only after six months to March 2010 he was later released.

Meanwhile some other rumor on the net suggests that Madonna wanted to change and add more content

On the occasion of the #RebelHeartTour #Premierein the United Kingdom, supported by the Madonna team event to be held Saturday, March 25 at G-A-Y in the Soho district of London, could be revealed official word on the release date.

We just have to wait even a few months ... So stay tuned #Madonna #QueenOfPop #RebelHeart#TearsOfAClown

thanks to: divinityofmusic

this is still speculation and not official news

Guest ArthurBadin

this is still speculation and not official news

@@Bat-Fan Indeed this seems to be taken most from Mad-Eyes.Net "news" posted last Sunday. That fansite gave nothing of concrete regarding to an actual RHT DVD possible release in near future, but its personal thoughts, and not about it, but also about the releases for the missing DVD tours, including RIT and BAT ones. Personal thoughts and nothing else, just like anyone here.

In fact, the only concrete thing we know for sure is that RHT is still been broadcast on Showtime Networks. So we can give the benefit of doubt to every rumour Mad-Eyes,Net and the other fansites have pointed us in the last days. 

Guest ArthurBadin

Never say never

Anything is possible

Always been a rebel [heart tour dvd]

Overcoming obstacles

I can't give you perfect

But I can give you forever, oh ohoh oh oh

However nowadays it's very unlikely a PR announcing the RHT DVD in the near future. Hope to be wrong, but I may see this DVD (if being released) to be released in more than two months counting of now. And not only due to Showtime demands.

Isn't it also up to the label not just Madonna? Interscope will not release anything if they dont think it will be a commercial profit.

What matters most is that this release should mark the end of the contract with Interscope. Let's hope that Madonna chooses a better company to produce her material!!

"supported" not "organized" by Madonna's team so we can't say it is official

By the way, I can't see why she would announced the released date after that party.

It will end by a "she didn't announced the release date so it will never be release" blablablaaaa

Yeah that's just a party organised by Madonna fans. I think they ask the record company and Madonna's management to give them things like posters and giveaways but it's not organised officially.

It is strange that we have no news at all on the public release of this tour!!

Guys. Come on. As said by others here, I doubt highly they spent the money to film the show and edit it and everything for it to be a TV exclusive. While BA isn't modern home video, it was done so on the popular at the time. And RIT Lisbon was shot initially for release but it ended up being extra footage for IGTTYAS. My point is, when you call compare RHT DVD to what happened with RIT DVD, it makes no sense to get so flustered. We're already miles ahead of where we were with RIT. It will come. She knows we want it. Believe me. The comments on Instagram posts prove that. And guys it has been just a little less than 3 months since the airing on Showtime. I'm sure that part of their contract was them having exclusive rights to it for a certain amount of time, say 6 months or something. Once that is done and it drops from their full rotation, then I promise we'll start hearing more news. 

Guys. Come on. As said by others here, I doubt highly they spent the money to film the show and edit it and everything for it to be a TV exclusive. While BA isn't modern home video, it was done so on the popular at the time. And RIT Lisbon was shot initially for release but it ended up being extra footage for IGTTYAS. My point is, when you call compare RHT DVD to what happened with RIT DVD, it makes no sense to get so flustered. We're already miles ahead of where we were with RIT. It will come. She knows we want it. Believe me. The comments on Instagram posts prove that. And guys it has been just a little less than 3 months since the airing on Showtime. I'm sure that part of their contract was them having exclusive rights to it for a certain amount of time, say 6 months or something. Once that is done and it drops from their full rotation, then I promise we'll start hearing more news. 

Exactly ! We just need to be patient, that's all ! :)

Guest ArthurBadin

@@OhMadonna The footage used for IGTTYAS was shot in Paris, both IGTTYAS film credits and booklet can confirm it.

The footage which would be shot by Hamish Hamilton in Lisbon didn't happen due to several reasons, including the conflict of interests between Madonna and NBC (which would broadcast it) and the one between Madonna and Hamilton which resulted in a lawsuit he filed against her.

Instead what we've gotten since January 2010 is a venue screen footage which in any way couldn't be used for a DVD official register.

By the way I don't see any BAT footage from Pioneer LDs being ultimately converted to DVD, let alone to BD, for several reasons. I really doubt that even Pioneer's exclusivity contract has expired throughout the years, Madonna herself would approve both Nice and Yokohama footage to be released in the current formats we have;

Regarding to VT (I know nobody's commenting on it but I'll talk about it anyway), I understand the best date to release it in DVD was back in early-2000's when Ciao Italia and Live Down Under were reissued on DVD together with Immaculate Collection and Video Collection 93:99. if Reprise/Warner Music Video didn't see that timeline as an opportunity to release it, it's pretty obvious after that we wouldn't get it. Unless, of course, GP gets interested in Madonna again. We really know when it will happen. The same can be applied to the re-releases of every single old Madonna tours on BD. If Reprise/Warner hasn't release it until now, it's very unlikely a surprise release from nowhere will happen.

As @@Bat-Fan said, irrespective of any reason M's crew filmed RHT, Interscope only will release it when (and even if) they consider it a commercial success. I know several projects of artists from Interscope's catalagoue what only saw the light of day after the label found a perfect time to release it, and even others that were shelved till now due to failure predictions by the label. Eve's album what allegedly contained "The Beat Is So Crazy" was scrapped right before it was released. Even Gaga, who is a "dearest" by Jimmy Iovine, had seen some projects of hers like The Monster Ball Tour DVD and Cheek to Cheek being delayed for months and even years due to label's decisions of waiting for the perfect moment to release them. In TMBT DVD case, Interscope preferred release it together with that Born This Way remix album. Little monsters in general were unbelieving if any day that DVD would be released, considering the release was late 2011, months after the HBO broadcast in May. C2C was originally planned to be released the same year of ARTPOP, but due to Gaga's overexposure of image and bad reputation at that time, the duet album had to wait almost a year to be released.

As @@Enrico said, Live Nation's worst decision regarding to the 360 deal they signed with Madonna (and not Madonna's, let's get very crystal clear about that) was their contract of releasing albums through Interscope. Madonna had been apparently found of that very bad decision when she originally planned to release Rebel Heart as a double album to fullfill her Interscope deal for ever.

Of course, since Showtime is the co-executive producer of RHT concert film, they have guaranteed a very long buffer to broadcast it, and we as fans haven't been informed about the duration of this buffer so far. Maybe that British party will enlighten us about any possible date of DVD release, maybe not. As I told, it's very likely interscope will wait for the perfect time to release it, together with Showtime, what will get profits from the DVD release as well. And everybody knows this is not a perfect time to release any Madonna project ("Blowing up the White House", anyone? Sorry for looking like a troll but we have to face it as we were Interscope, Semtex and Showtime, the ones what will earn money with the DVD, not ourselves as fans and probably the only consumers of DVD if it was released by right now). Let's wait for better days. I do believe, however, despite of so many mischances, the DVD/BD will be released, but for now we don't have any clue of when and how it will be done. The better choice we can do is what @@MisterFabian has said: be patient, and wait for Interscope, Semtex and Showtime's desire to release it for the sake of our happiness (and also theirs, indeed).

Sorry for the Bible I have written but I need to clarify what I really think about this release. @@Bat-Fan is a witness of my realistic point of view. Of course I wouldn't tell anything about it in such places as MNation, I would be banned the right moment I finished posting mmy concerns. All those years as a Madonna fan have me tought so many things I couldn't reserve for myself. I was considered as a troll (in fact as the "worst troll ever", to be accurate) in some Madonna-related communities in my native country for being so sincere. But anyway, if we don't see the things as they are, and keep our romantic views about them, without facing the ugly truth of facts, we get more and more disappointed as the time goes by. And, as @@RebelHeARTPOP well remembered us, "Time goes by so slowly (for those who wait)". See you!

@@OhMadonna The footage used for IGTTYAS was shot in Paris, both IGTTYAS film credits and booklet can confirm it.

The footage which would be shot by Hamish Hamilton in Lisbon didn't happen due to several reasons, including the conflict of interests between Madonna and NBC (which would broadcast it) and the one between Madonna and Hamilton which resulted in a lawsuit he filed against her.

Instead what we've gotten since January 2010 is a venue screen footage which in any way couldn't be used for a DVD official register.

Just need to correct this sorry. 

Not true. Ater Madonna and CBS / Hamish Hamilton thing felll through, they had the two Lisbon shows professionally filmed for future release anyway. With HDTV cameras on cranes and lots of audience shots - under the direction of Christian Lamb, who had been the video director throughout the tour for Nocturne Productions.

On the nights - the venue screens at the Lisbon RiT shows actually dispalyed the live footage being shot by PAL HD cameras in 16:9 - live feed of what was being shot for future DVD editing.

This video I made - shows that what leaked to all of us a few years later - isn't that live feed shown on the venue screens. It is some kind of later edit. So from this - we can see for sure that work was at least in progress on a final DVD / release version of RiT Lisbon.

The video below shows "Vogue" - the live-feed venue screen footage (given to media outlets shortly after the concert ended on the 1st night) and the stuff that leaked to fans a few years later. They aren't the same!

Side note - during the rest of the RiT, the shows were all shot by NTSC SD cameras in 4:3 format for the screens each night. You are right in stating that this type of footage wouldn't generally be considered appropriate for a full DVD release. In the case of MJ's 1988 Bad Tour - they did end up releasing this stuff on DVD a few years ago, beacuse of the lack of an alternative.

Strangely also - some tiny bits of the Lisbon DVD footage did end up in the concert clips of IGTTYAS (mixed in with the Paris 35mm footage)!

With regards BA - it is gotta happen at some point.

The revelation that Reliance Studios were employed a few years ago to remaster the Nice footage in 16:9 widescreen format, shows us that somebody somewhere has this in their thoughts!

Guest ArthurBadin

Just need to correct this sorry. 

Not true. Ater Madonna and CBS / Hamish Hamilton thing felll through, they had the two Lisbon shows professionally filmed for future release anyway. With HDTV cameras on cranes and lots of audience shots - under the direction of Christian Lamb, who had been the video director throughout the tour for Nocturne Productions.

On the nights - the venue screens at the Lisbon RiT shows actually dispalyed the live footage being shot by PAL HD cameras in 16:9 - live feed of what was being shot for future DVD editing.

This video I made - shows that what leaked to all of us a few years later - isn't that live feed shown on the venue screens. It is some kind of later edit. So from this - we can see for sure that work was at least in progress on a final DVD / release version of RiT Lisbon.

The video below shows "Vogue" - the live-feed venue screen footage (given to media outlets shortly after the concert ended on the 1st night) and the stuff that leaked to fans a few years later. They aren't the same!

Side note - during the rest of the RiT, the shows were all shot by NTSC SD cameras in 4:3 format for the screens each night. You are right in stating that this type of footage wouldn't generally be considered appropriate for a full DVD release. In the case of MJ's 1988 Bad Tour - they did end up releasing this stuff on DVD a few years ago, beacuse of the lack of an alternative.

Strangely also - some tiny bits of the Lisbon DVD footage did end up in the concert clips of IGTTYAS (mixed in with the Paris 35mm footage)!

@@Jamesy Thank you for correcting me. I didn't have all that info you have. One more reason to not give Mad-Eyes a f.

I do believe, however, the Lamb alternative footage to the one lost by Hamilton/CBS (thank you again for correcting me in this other point) feuds/lawsuits has to be in a state of litigate: I mean, until the Hamish Hamilton vs. Madonna Ciccone suit is finished - even with the death of one of the 2 - the Lamb footage will not be allowed to be released for earning profits for any part involved. That could be the reason behind the leak of it (via damaged archives though).

Anyway, Lamb's Lisbon footage could not be in any way approved by Madonna herself to be used in an ultimate official register, given some embarassing scenes such as the end of Express Yourself, when she seems to have an audio problem and then a delay in her rehearsed moves.

It's very strange CBS has been again investing in broadcasting a Madonna concert (now, of course, through her cable network Showtime).

Guest ArthurBadin

With regards BA - it is gotta happen at some point.

The revelation that Reliance Studios were employed a few years ago to remaster the Nice footage in 16:9 widescreen format, shows us that somebody somewhere has this in their thoughts!

@@Jamesy I do believe Reliance Studios work was unauthorized by any part previously involved, such as Pioneer or Warner. It seems to be kind of a recreative labor just to give us Madonna fans a "proper" remastering of the laserdisc content.

EDIT: And I don't believe either any one of the pro-filmed shows throughout BAT would be approved by Madonna herself to be reissued in a current format. Every single of them (Yokohama, Barcelona, Nice or even the better of all them, I mean, Paris for TOD) has several problems which hinder anyone of them to be even considered to be reissued. And by several problems I don't mean the ones regards the shooting or even a possible reediting (in the case the rough assemblies are still available), but the ones involving the events of the concerts (weather occurences, mic feuds or another awful twists to try to hide problems with props, costumes etc.). Anyway, every single filmed concert seems to be "improvised", "amateur-ish" and even "inferior" - anything Madonna, as the perfectionist she is, wants hard to avoid.

I was commenting with a member of this forum about a thing M seems to shun as much as she can lately: very personal, intimate moments on the official registers. For instance, she preferred to use the speech she gives in-between Let It Will Be and Drowned World during CT from the day before her birthday instead of using the one she gave during her birthday, from the 2 dates filmed for the DVD (considering the broadcast didn't show any of them). The speech from her birthday, although it was very fitting for the official register, even more than the elected one, was extremely personal, as she told several personal thoughts from her heart and so. Every fan who knew that birthday speech was believing it was an obvious choice to be seen on the DVD, but when it was released...

In the case of BAT Nice, the very last scene of Keep It Together, when she embraces not only her dancers and backup singers, but every member of crew and band, with intimate messages to almost everyone there, is kind of a thing one cannot believe Madonna would like to be remembered with a possible reissue of the footage.

For those who still don't believe me and may think I'm a troll or something like this, check out the several speeches she gave during her Sydney RHT shows: all of them were extremely personal and some could be even traumatizing for her when watching during the edition process. Of course no one of them was chosen for the official register.

See you!

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic