Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

Guest ArthurBadin

Kylie's Anti Tour was never intended for a video release.

So why K's team filmed the two Melbourne gigs (the first ones of the 7-concerts tour) and uploaded Cherry Bomb and Tightrope on Kylie's official channel on YouTube?

At least they had thought to doing an official register, but for unknown reasons (while we know them very well) it never came to be released.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why K's team filmed the two Melbourne gigs (the first ones of the 7-concerts tour) and uploaded Cherry Bomb and Tightrope on Kylie's official channel on YouTube?

At least they had thought to doing an official register, but for unknown reasons (while we know them very well) it never came to be released.

Honey, those videos were uploaded because Kylie was doing the K25: a celebration of her 25 years in the music industry. Those videos were uploaded as a gift once a month and thanks to that anniversary we got the Anti Tour, the compilation, Timebomb, the time capsule, Flower and The Abbey Road Sessions. 

If only Madonna planned something near as fantastic as K25 was...

Honey, those videos were uploaded because Kylie was doing the K25: a celebration of her 25 years in the music industry. Those videos were uploaded as a gift once a month and thanks to that anniversary we got the Anti Tour, the compilation, Timebomb, the time capsule, Flower and The Abbey Road Sessions. 

this

Guest ArthurBadin

I know all of it, beloved. I am a Kylie fan since the same year I became a Madonna fan, around 2001. (And of course I've downloaded all K25 videos, including twice the Loco-Motion tribute - a compilation of music video and live performances of that song through the years.)

But the uploaded videos were kind of an announcement of something else. I remember by that time there was a plan of release AntiTour on DVD, but that plan was scrapped. Probably it was Parlophone's decision, not Kylie's. We fans were all in expectations to get it, so we got very frustrated with that. At least was available once on Torrent an about 2-hour compilation of fanmade videos, and I did manage to download it - don't ask me where to find cause I lost the link.

Kylie said about that the DVD could be released anytime, but she didn't know exactly when.

Besides, that was too similar to what happened to Re-Invention Tour and its alleged DVD Get Up Lisbon, rumoured to be release back in the end of 2005, but that thing never happened as well.

Guest ArthurBadin

Maybe all these Showtime full concert videos uploaded on YouTube, including this one shown by LZE (which I was also showing here in this topic before), are allowed to be seen only outside USA and Canada because executive producers (in other words, Showtime and Semtex) of it are facing difficulties to sell the rights to broadcasts worldwide, just like happened in the Netherlands, as seen in this link:

https://madonnaunderground.com/rebel-heart-tour-no-airdate-yet-for-dutch-television/

Maybe the overseas countries are waiting for confirmation whether the "full concert" is indeed a full concert, I mean, if it will be an alternate edition, with the missing songs such as LDLHA and Lucky Star. I remember my country had an actual full concert for S&ST in both cable TV channels which broadcast it (A&E and Bis), with the inclusions of The Sweet Machine Intro in full and Like a Virgin as well.

Maybe all these Showtime full concert videos uploaded on YouTube, including this one shown by LZE (which I was also showing here in this topic before), are allowed to be seen only outside USA and Canada because executive producers (in other words, Showtime and Semtex) of it are facing difficulties to sell the rights to broadcasts worldwide, just like happened in the Netherlands, as seen in this link:

https://madonnaunderground.com/rebel-heart-tour-no-airdate-yet-for-dutch-television/

Maybe the overseas countries are waiting for confirmation whether the "full concert" is indeed a full concert, I mean, if it will be an alternate edition, with the missing songs such as LDLHA and Lucky Star. I remember my country had an actual full concert for S&ST in both cable TV channels which broadcast it (A&E and Bis), with the inclusions of The Sweet Machine Intro in full and Like a Virgin as well.

why it is allowed in some countried but not others really is a mystery

Life is a mystery...

pretty sure it depends on the country, i know some Warner music videos are blocked in Germany, it might also to be with the uploaders account depending on how many copyright claims their channel has been hit with, who owns the content and if whoever owns the content can successfully prove it was uploaded illegally and can they ask YouTube to take it down or not

Guest ArthurBadin

why it is allowed in some countried but not others really is a mystery

Pretty sure all Showtime full concert videos are blocked on USA and Canada due to copyright infringement, at least that was the reason shown when trying watching them from there. Of course since concert film is broadcast by many platforms (On Demand, over-the-top, regular broadcasts on TV, streams etc.), CBS doesn't allow competition with YouTube in the countries these platforms act. The reason behind not removing YT videos at all is the mystery, but I guess my theory makes sense after all. Probably when broadcasts outside North America happen (or the DVD is released), pretty sure all those videos will be removed and only will be allowed versions in Standard Definition (or HD 720p at maximum).

I used to use Ummy Video Downloader, a Russian app, to download YouTube videos. Depending on the video, it could be downloaded even in 1080p (i.e.official Vevo videos), a thing that doesn't happen at the big majority of downloading YouTube videos pages (such as SaveFrom) or browsers which allow downloading (i.e. the Avast SafeZone Browser, what I use now and the maximum quality allowed for YT videos to be downloaded is 720p), and, of course, all Chrome extensions (a Chrome extension only can offer downloads from YouTube until 720p, due to Google policies; even if a Chrome extension cannot offer downloads from YouTube, but offers downloads  from every other sites, this extension is targeted as dangerous and virus-related and it is automatically removed from Google Chrome; that happened to me). But someone inserted the dangerous DNS_Charger virus into all computers of all Ummy users and because of that I had my computer and modem both damaged and was forced to formate PC and get a new wifi modem. Since then I only use Avast SafeZone Browser to download videos from YouTube (and only 720p ones), and I only trust on this browser even to open a download forum page such as Guitars101 or download blogs such as MadonnaMediaShare, cause it's too dangerous nowadays to do such a task like this.

I have a history in downloading things here and there (while it's legal to do it in my country, fine), since 2006, and I can say, times are getting worse and worse as time goes by. Of course it's a natural thing from corporations to block access to everyone to non-official material (and by non official ways), and removing YouTube videos or blocking them for some countries is the most used way to warrant no competition between them and the "counterfelts", even if they are only bootlegs shared among fans without sells involved in that process. Their tactics are, "if you want a thing from one artist from our catalogue, you will only have it whether it's the official product, got by a legal way. Any thing in contrary will be forbidden by us."

Of course we live in a material world and these are the capitalism rules. We only have to dance according to the music (it's an idiom in my native language, sorry, I don't know its correspondent in English).

See you!

Just out of curiosity, when was the S&S Tour DVD announced? I know it was released in late March. I'm surprised there hasn't been an official release date for the RHT DVD

Release was announced January 12th to be release March 30.

Madonna’s ‘Sticky & Sweet’ Concert To Be Released March 30th On DVD, Blu-Ray And CD

January 12, 2010

LOS ANGELES, CA -- January 12, 2009 -- Madonna’s most recent stage extravaganza, the “Sticky & Sweet†concert, will be released on March 30th, it was announced today by Live Nation, the world’s largest live music company. “Sticky & Sweetâ€, which was produced by Live Nation, was the most successful tour by a solo artist in history and was seen by over 3.5 million fans in 32 countries around the world. The show, which will be distributed by Warner Bros Records, will be available on DVD, Blu-Ray and CD and will include many of the Material Girl’s hits from the course of her unprecedented career including, “4 Minutes,†“Like a Prayer,†“Hung Up†and “Ray of Lightâ€. Filmed in Buenos Aires, over four days to a crowd exceeding 256,000 fans, the concert also includes a show stopping moment when Madonna performs a historic “Don’t Cry For Me Argentina†to a thunderous audience response from her Argentine fans. Also included are several hits from the multi-Grammy winner’s most recent CD “Hard Candy†which debuted at No. 1 in 37 countries. The DVD also includes 30 minutes of exclusive footage filmed behind the scenes during the course of the tour. “Part concert, part block party and all fun, there is still only one Madonna,†raved the Oakland Press in their review of the “Sticky & Sweet†Tour. “A night of triumph and defiance… A two hour multi-media juggernaut,†glowed the LA Times. “Our lady of perpetual motion…This may be the best tour she’s ever stitched together,†claimed the NY Post. 

ABOUT LIVE NATION: 

Live Nation’s mission is to maximize the live concert experience. Our core business is producing, marketing and selling live concerts for artists via our global concert pipe. Live Nation is the largest producer of live concerts in the world, annually producing over 22,000 concerts for 1,600 artists in 33 countries. During 2008, the company sold over 50 million concert tickets and drove over 70 million unique visitors to LiveNation.com. Live Nation is transforming the concert business by expanding its concert platform into ticketing and building the industry’s first artist-to-fan vertically integrated concert platform. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, California and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, trading under the symbol LYV. For additional information about the company, please visit www.livenation.com/investors.

About two months before.

Guest ArthurBadin

Release was announced January 12th to be release March 30.

Madonna’s ‘Sticky & Sweet’ Concert To Be Released March 30th On DVD, Blu-Ray And CD

January 12, 2010

LOS ANGELES, CA -- January 12, 2009 -- Madonna’s most recent stage extravaganza, the “Sticky & Sweet†concert, will be released on March 30th, it was announced today by Live Nation, the world’s largest live music company. “Sticky & Sweetâ€, which was produced by Live Nation, was the most successful tour by a solo artist in history and was seen by over 3.5 million fans in 32 countries around the world. The show, which will be distributed by Warner Bros Records, will be available on DVD, Blu-Ray and CD and will include many of the Material Girl’s hits from the course of her unprecedented career including, “4 Minutes,†“Like a Prayer,†“Hung Up†and “Ray of Lightâ€. Filmed in Buenos Aires, over four days to a crowd exceeding 256,000 fans, the concert also includes a show stopping moment when Madonna performs a historic “Don’t Cry For Me Argentina†to a thunderous audience response from her Argentine fans. Also included are several hits from the multi-Grammy winner’s most recent CD “Hard Candy†which debuted at No. 1 in 37 countries. The DVD also includes 30 minutes of exclusive footage filmed behind the scenes during the course of the tour. “Part concert, part block party and all fun, there is still only one Madonna,†raved the Oakland Press in their review of the “Sticky & Sweet†Tour. “A night of triumph and defiance… A two hour multi-media juggernaut,†glowed the LA Times. “Our lady of perpetual motion…This may be the best tour she’s ever stitched together,†claimed the NY Post. 

ABOUT LIVE NATION: 

Live Nation’s mission is to maximize the live concert experience. Our core business is producing, marketing and selling live concerts for artists via our global concert pipe. Live Nation is the largest producer of live concerts in the world, annually producing over 22,000 concerts for 1,600 artists in 33 countries. During 2008, the company sold over 50 million concert tickets and drove over 70 million unique visitors to LiveNation.com. Live Nation is transforming the concert business by expanding its concert platform into ticketing and building the industry’s first artist-to-fan vertically integrated concert platform. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, California and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, trading under the symbol LYV. For additional information about the company, please visit www.livenation.com/investors.

About two months before.

I remember MDNA World Tour had a PR announcing the release back in August 1, 2013 (you can check on the Decade section of Tribe, just choose August 2013). It's the first report by them from that month.

The release as itself happened a month and some days after (September 9, 2013).

It can be possible we expect a PR by early February for a release on late March to coincide with that London-based Madonna Fan Party. Or, also totally possible, a PR by mid ou late February for a release in early April.

Of course The Movie Network is still broadcasting the concert (it will stop January 28), so any press release to happen during this month is totally unlikely (to not get competition, that's what to say).

See you!

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic