Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive me for saying this here, it's not relative to the DVD, but we have been talking a lot about the tour in general in this thread, so I thought I'd put it here.

I have been giving some thought to the "Rockabilly" section of the tour, which I've noticed has been highly criticized on here for the inclusion of the disco-themed Deeper and Deeper; for me the section isn't really "Rockabilly" but "Americana" with each song representing eras in American history and music. True Blue represents girl-group pop of the 60's, Deeper and Deeper represents the disco era of the 70's, the original version of Love Don't Live Here Anymore was released by Rose Royce in 1978, and Like A Virgin represents synth-pop of the 80s. Body Shop and HeartBreakCity may seem like outliers if you accept this theory, but I think that Body Shop with its automobile references could be a nod to her birthplace outside of Detroit and where the auto industry is based. As for the HeartBreakCity/LDLHA medley, perhaps this too could be a nod to something in Madonna's personal history; as I mentioned, the original LDLHA was released in 1978, which is the same year that Madonna left college for New York, a time during which she was raped, so perhaps the medley serves to signify the vulnerability one might feel after such an event. 

In my opinion rockabilly's section is one of the best in terms of creating a narration from the meaning of the tracks.

You've got "love at first sight" with Body Shop, pure/endless infatuation with True Blue, mature and sexual desire with Deeper and Deeper, pain and suffers from the breakup with Heartbreak City (plus LDLHA) and rebirth, stronger and fresh than ever, with Like a Virgin.

It goes very fluent, every song fits perfectly the segment and rockabilly's theme is just expressed by fashion and costumes.

Anyway, do you think they'll try to clean vocals? The refining work on Sticky'n'Sweet Dvd was very invasive but we have to admit that sometimes she's unlistenable.

What if there is a documentary being filmed now and it follows her life after the tour rather than on tour? could be why there is a delay with the dvd

I was assuming the same thing. I guess we'll get a Rebel Heart journey Film , but the full show will be on the 2nd disc. Something like Kylie's White Diamond DVD.

You've got "love at first sight" with Body Shop, pure/endless infatuation with True Blue, mature and sexual desire with Deeper and Deeper, pain and suffers from the breakup with Heartbreak City (plus LDLHA) and rebirth, stronger and fresh than ever, with Like a Virgin.

when I told thatexact thing about that section to another friend, she said i was digging too deep lmao, but I could see the story on that segment. 

What if there is a documentary being filmed now and it follows her life after the tour rather than on tour?

well this fits with the official "larger project" announcement.

What if there is a documentary being filmed now and it follows her life after the tour rather than on tour? could be why there is a delay with the dvd

I was thinking the same thing. Her last instagram videos looks like a short part of documentary about her birthday, it could be a part of a larger thing...

hey! I was thinking of something...

just a few days before the tour kicked off in Montreal, I read somewhere on the Internet that Madonna and her team planned a reality-show that would follow Madonna on tour. this coincides with the "larger project" we were told about and with the many videos of her holidays on her Instagram... this could be a reality-show like Mariah's one, with scenes of her after the tour just like in "I'm Going to Tell You A Secret", when we went to Israel after the Re-Invention Tour ended...

just a few days before the tour kicked off in Montreal, I read somewhere on the Internet that Madonna and her team planned a reality-show that would follow Madonna on tour. this coincides with the "larger project" we were told about and with the many videos of her holidays on her Instagram... this could be a reality-show like Mariah's one, with scenes of her after the tour just like in "I'm Going to Tell You A Secret", when we went to Israel after the Re-Invention Tour ended...

again, I want the full show!!!

No thanks.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic