Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the videos she posted on Youtube after the Paris attacks and after Bowie's death? They both were professionally filmed, so we have the official confirmation that she's recording all the shows, or at least a good amount of them, to make another MDNA style DVD.

I don't think so. I think that this confirms that she is (maybe) recording only the requests songs and special performances, but not whole shows.

Remember the videos she posted on Youtube after the Paris attacks and after Bowie's death? They both were professionally filmed, so we have the official confirmation that she's recording all the shows, or at least a good amount of them, to make another MDNA style DVD.

Of course all the shows are professionally filmed!

That's obviously necessary if only for the footage broadcasted on the side screens during each concert!

That's where the videos posted by Madonna on YT (the tribute to David Bowie, LAP at Stockholm and the AIDS speech) come from!

This said, I don't know if they used to keep all the recording tapes from all the shows indefinitely? (I guess not)

I know they use professional cameras to show on the side screens! But those videos are filmed so the people in the back of the arena can see her and are mainly made using close-ups of the singer. There are lots of crowd shots in the Paris/Bowie videos, giving it a more polished look, and that makes me think they aren't just the average screens vids for the assistants. I don't know. Maybe she's recording the request song or the show surprises to keep it for herself, as G House said.

Tokyo or Mexico! I'm very scared of the editing already

I wudnt be scared, most of the audio was all live this tour and had a lot of backing. so i dont think they need to do a lot.  such as the sticky and sweet tour , which was the worst edited dvd ever i was devistaed.....but for some reason she didnt sound as good as normal on that tour.  imo....... mdna edit was ok mostly.....but i saw this tour in nyc both nites and the sounds was so clear... i wudnt worry...she didnt make any screams off key of yell to much so she sounded wonderfull to me... she uses this microphone that does amazing things to the voice, the Sennheiser 5000 series hardware and ME 505 condenser capsules which is a crazy piece . she uses about 10 mics during each show . and changes them threw out each one is programmed to sound a certain way.. 

so she sounds great! i think so 

i wonder if the show in the 5,000 theatre venue (forget what country it's in) will be streamed online like MDNA a la Olympia to tide us over until we get an official release

I thought this thing. The concert is in MACAU and the venue is new and it has a fantastic and great system of broadcasting via satellite.

Cross fingers!!

I wudnt be scared, most of the audio was all live this tour and had a lot of backing. so i dont think they need to do a lot.  such as the sticky and sweet tour , which was the worst edited dvd ever i was devistaed.....but for some reason she didnt sound as good as normal on that tour.  imo....... mdna edit was ok mostly.....but i saw this tour in nyc both nites and the sounds was so clear... i wudnt worry...she didnt make any screams off key of yell to much so she sounded wonderfull to me... she uses this microphone that does amazing things to the voice, the Sennheiser 5000 series hardware and ME 505 condenser capsules which is a crazy piece . she uses about 10 mics during each show . and changes them threw out each one is programmed to sound a certain way.. 

so she sounds great! i think so 

i think they was talking about the video also. mdna is by far the most amateurish looking, but the sticky audio was a travesty. Heres hoping Jonas will be involved in some type of way but he already gave us 2 great videos so I dont wanna ask for too much.

i think they was talking about the video also. mdna is by far the most amateurish looking, but the sticky audio was a travesty. Heres hoping Jonas will be involved in some type of way but he already gave us 2 great videos so I dont wanna ask for too much.

I used to think the sticky audio was a travesty, but hearing fan recordings of leg 1, I can see why it happened.  If they had recorded the video/audio for leg 2, it would have been a masterpiece.

I used to think the sticky audio was a travesty, but hearing fan recordings of leg 1, I can see why it happened.  If they had recorded the video/audio for leg 2, it would have been a masterpiece.

I know they had to change the audio but theres no reason why it couldnt still have been realistic... I was at the show from the DVD and she sounded pretty bad on Borderline especifically, but the audio on the DVD sounds (and looks) lipsynced as its not realistic at all... :confused: it should be subtle for it to work... Confessions is done in a good enough way that I even forget how she actually sounded in real life.

I know they had to change the audio but theres no reason why it couldnt still have been realistic... I was at the show from the DVD and she sounded pretty bad on Borderline especifically, but the audio on the DVD sounds (and looks) lipsynced as its not realistic at all... :confused: it should be subtle for it to work... Confessions is done in a good enough way that I even forget how she actually sounded in real life.

When I was at the show it didn't sound particularly bad, just not as good as we know she can be, but watching the fan videos of it, it does sound pretty bad now.  I can see why she wouldn't want to immortalize that.

But that's the problem with all the dubbed tour DVDs, none of them are realistic to me.  I do recall how she sounded in real life on Confessions and thankfully have the audio bootlegs to prove it, otherwise I'd think I saw a completely different show.  Regardless, the DVDs don't at all capture the atmosphere and audience reaction sounds to compare with actually seeing it live.

Watching RIT Lisbon vs. the audio recordings recently highlighted this the most.

Ok but to any casual fan the illusion of the Confessions Tour DVD works. on Sticky & Sweet it switches from rough vocals to unrealistic vocals, and sometimes you can even hear both vocals at the same time without even having a good sound system, and the difference from song to song is huge. Very poor audio mixing... it's almost like the sound mixer guy wanted it to be ovbious the vocals were fake. 

I'm honestly not expecting amazing things from this tour DVD on technical terms, but whatever happens I'll enjoy it.

Ok but to any casual fan the illusion of the Confessions Tour DVD works. on Sticky & Sweet it switches from rough vocals to unrealistic vocals, and sometimes you can even hear both vocals at the same time without even having a good sound system, and the difference from song to song is huge. Very poor audio mixing... it's almost like the sound mixer guy wanted it to be ovbious the vocals were fake. 

I'm honestly not expecting amazing things from this tour DVD on technical terms, but whatever happens I'll enjoy it.

The absolute worst example of this is during Human Nature.  You can hear the edited vocals, but still catch the out of tune reverb from the original soundtrack.  Saw both rounds of this tour, and to be honest, her vocals were so bad that I didn't even look at tickets for MDNA tour.  Kicked myself over that decision when I saw all the bootlegs come out.  The London Hyde Park show looked fierce.  Then to buy the official blu-ray  :Madonna002:

The absolute worst example of this is during Human Nature.  You can hear the edited vocals, but still catch the out of tune reverb from the original soundtrack.  Saw both rounds of this tour, and to be honest, her vocals were so bad that I didn't even look at tickets for MDNA tour.  Kicked myself over that decision when I saw all the bootlegs come out.  The London Hyde Park show looked fierce.  Then to buy the official blu-ray  :Madonna002:

MDNA was an amazing show, although the vocals werent as good as this current tour. Honestly I didn't care that much that she sounded terrible in a couple of songs from S&S when I saw it live. It was still an amazing experience being there, and i'm no stan.

It didn't help that I saw the first round at Wembley Stadium.  We could barely see the screen and the speaker had blown on our side, so there really wasn't an atmosphere.  2nd round was better, but my hubby is not a fan, so I got a poke in the ribs every time she hit a bum note.  Let's just say I was very bruised the next day.

It didn't help that I saw the first round at Wembley Stadium.  We could barely see the screen and the speaker had blown on our side, so there really wasn't an atmosphere.  2nd round was better, but my hubby is not a fan, so I got a poke in the ribs every time she hit a bum note.  Let's just say I was very bruised the next day.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic