American Pie or American Life?

Voguerista

Both are fine. I like Madonna's version of AP much better than the original. With AL, I'm probably one of the few fans who enjoy the rap. Sure it's ridiculous, but  I didn't take it too seriously. I also totally understand why she decided not to release the original video for AL. The album got a bad rap and Madonna got too political during the promotion. I think that didn't help the reception of the album and people got the impression it was an anti-American rant when notihng on the album comes close to it.

I like the remixes of AL much better. The "Felix Da Cat" mix is awesome especially the rap part. I thought there was a shorter version of this one, but I may be wrong:

American Life was one of the first albums that I ever bought, so it has a special place in my heart. I love the cold, militant, hard electronic sound that the track has. It was a huge departure from the dream-pop sounds she produced with Orbit in the years prior. I think if any non-Madonna fan listened to this track, and the accompanying album, they'd changed their minds on her. It's a different track and album, but a good different. 

American Life was one of the first albums that I ever bought, so it has a special place in my heart. I love the cold, militant, hard electronic sound that the track has. It was a huge departure from the dream-pop sounds she produced with Orbit in the years prior. I think if any non-Madonna fan listened to this track, and the accompanying album, they'd changed their minds on her. It's a different track and album, but a good different. 

I wish she did another angry album like this.  :cry:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...