Stockholm, Sweden [Sat November 14th, 2015]

groovyguy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm a tour virgin and bought golden circle tickets on Viagogo. It will also be my first time going to Sweden. I've got a couple of questions and would really appreciate some advice:1. Has anybody bought Viagogo tickets before? The ticket is not in my name. Will this be a problem? 2. From what time should I be queuing? Will the que be outside the venue?3. What advice would you give me for waiting in the que? I'm thinking here about food, the cold weather and going to the loo! First timer so I don't know how it works. Thanks so much. Would be great to make some friends to meet over there as I will be going to the concert alone.

I'm a tour virgin and bought golden circle tickets on Viagogo. It will also be my first time going to Sweden. I've got a couple of questions and would really appreciate some advice:1. Has anybody bought Viagogo tickets before? The ticket is not in my name. Will this be a problem? 2. From what time should I be queuing? Will the que be outside the venue?3. What advice would you give me for waiting in the que? I'm thinking here about food, the cold weather and going to the loo! First timer so I don't know how it works. Thanks so much. Would be great to make some friends to meet over there as I will be going to the concert alone.

1. I haven't, but whether the tickets are in your name or not shouldn't matter, as long as they're not VIP.

2. This is completely up to yourself. How long are willing, ready and able to queue? The queue is usually outside the venue, yes.

3. Make friends and don't be afraid to be social. Make sure someone holds your spot from time to time so you can go grab some food, go to the bathroom etc.

The Globe shopping center is right next to Tele2 and there are both toilets and restaurants all over the place.

Wear a lot of clothes, as it's going to be freezing in November. You should be ready to throw most of the things you have with you in the queue away as you can't carry all of it into the arena.

Most importantly: stay positive, have fun and enjoy your first concert. :)

@ thelament: Thanks for the info. Do you mean I should dispose of my warm clothes? Can't I take it in the venue?

Also, will there be trains going back to the city centre after the concert?

@ wonderboy: Yes, let's meet up!

Well, it depends on how much you're wearing. I'd generally suggest that you bring as little as possible into the venue with you. A jacket and/or sweatshirt and maybe a backpack will definitely work. Albeit the last one will probably piss people off by taking up to much space lol. Are you staying at a hotel or place nearby? Cause in that case you could just go there and dump your most useless stuff a few hours before entrance.

Yes, SL, who run the tubes in Stockholm, usually even put in extra traffic during concert days. You could check the tubes out on their webpage.

is anyone reading this thread from sweden? can you recommend a fun meeting place?

You mean a place where you can organize a fan meet up at? Well, that depends on what you're looking for. Food, warming up for the concert etc... Stockholm's inner city is very compact and you can find everything all around.

@ thelament - okay, I will see if I can arrange with my travel partner to collect some of my stuff during the afternoon. I will be staying in the central business district.

I'm planning to do a scouting trip on the 13th to check out the setup, entrances and the train route. Maybe we can meet up at the Globen Shopping Mall? Maybe at McDonald's?

@ thelament - okay, I will see if I can arrange with my travel partner to collect some of my stuff during the afternoon. I will be staying in the central business district.

I'm planning to do a scouting trip on the 13th to check out the setup, entrances and the train route. Maybe we can meet up at the Globen Shopping Mall? Maybe at McDonald's?

at mcdonalds?!? hahahaha, I meant meet up as in, preparty or after party & have cocktails & dancing

at mcdonalds?!? hahahaha, I meant meet up as in, preparty or after party & have cocktails & dancing

Haha, I thought you meant a casual meetup as well.If it's partying I'm guessing you're thinking of a gay friendly spot. There are a few gay clubs in Stockholm (and I'm guessing some will have M-themed clubs that night), such as Wonk (just look at their decor: https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/s960x960/12182918_897296087022204_7822949396772779883_o.jpg) and King Kong.

And then there's Chokladkoppen, a gay-friendly café in the middle of Old Town. I wouldn't suggest trying to go there after the show though, since it's probably closed by then lol.

Haha, I thought you meant a casual meetup as well.If it's partying I'm guessing you're thinking of a gay friendly spot. There are a few gay clubs in Stockholm (and I'm guessing some will have M-themed clubs that night), such as Wonk (just look at their decor: https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/s960x960/12182918_897296087022204_7822949396772779883_o.jpg) and King Kong.

And then there's Chokladkoppen, a gay-friendly café in the middle of Old Town. I wouldn't suggest trying to go there after the show though, since it's probably closed by then lol.

YES! now that's what i had in mind! Wonk looks amazing! who's with me?

Hi everyone. My name is Rob, and me and my friend Luke are travelling from Dublin, Ireland on Friday morning to Stockholm till Monday morning. Any recommendations on bars to go to? Or interested in meeting for drinks before the concert. We got ground standing tickets. Be nice to hear and meet new people 😀