Bitch I'm Madonna - Single Thread

miguel

i wonder how many views there would be if there were no cameos of other celebrities.

would it be safe to assume it would be similar as LFL and GT figure or closer to 20ish mil like it is now.?

well it would still have Nicki in it... and it would still be one of the most popular songs on the album. Who knows tho

It had viral potential all along.

I was talking with some friends about this song and video and I was shocked when I noticed they thought this was a serious song and that Madonna's character was the same she is in reality. I find it quite surprising, how media fools people manipulating their opinions on what's true or false. I mean, do you even believe Madonna's serious when she shows little girls swearing and living socks that 'contribute' 2 whole verses of a song... I told these people this was just the rebellious side of the record, and that honestly Madonna doesn't live like that 24/7, just have a look at her clothes when she's spotted out and around the city.

for an artist thats not very well liked at the moment its gone viral lol

But she got help from big names on the industry right now lol help her to make the buzz around the music video.

Bad Blood is with 265.410.763 in one month, that went viral and in her music video only have Kendrick, Selena, Ellie and Hayley Williams of big names

:confused: I believe that Madonna's fandom is bigger than Taylor tho

But she got help from big names on the industry right now lol help her to make the buzz around the music video.

Bad Blood is with 265.410.763 in one month, that went viral and in her music video only have Kendrick, Selena, Ellie and Hayley Williams of big names

:confused: I believe that Madonna's fandom is bigger than Taylor tho

Every single media outlet is covering Taylor's steps every 2 minutes. Everybody is kissing her ass at the moment. Madonna, however, is constantly being floored for what she does and for what she doesn't do... Even her fans criticize her. Fair? She's been under that treatment during the last 30 years... :coffee:

Fans dont criticize her for the same things the media does. (and those who do truly aren't real fans, ie ageists)

But it is true, she did get help from big names but that doesn't mean it didn't go viral. It did, just not on a ridiculous scale.

Bad Blood is a bad video. I say that objectively. It's an overhyped turkey just like Gaga's Alejandro back in 2010 but without the nice imagery. It will be forgotten soon. It doesn't mean anything that it has over 200 million views. 

Who even knows if all the views are real. 

Star Cameos does not multiple viewings make. Paul MacCartney's "Queenie Eye" has more star power in it than a blockbuster films. It sits at 5 Million. "Bitch" is a fun video, which almost demands repeated viewings. And it's eye popping in the way that good music videos are. People my have been intrigued by the promise of stars, but it isn't why views keeping going up.With Taylor, any video of hers at this point will reach a massive audience on youtube. She's having a moment right now. After a great fight sequence in the beginning though, the "Bad Blood" video is just a series of character introductions....many I don't know. It's rather dull, albeit it looks good. "Blank Space" was a much better video. "Shake It Off" was even a better video."Bitch" is a budgeted video done well and is Madonna first video truly made for the youtube generation. And this is what she was going for.

Star Cameos does not multiple viewings make. Paul MacCartney's "Queenie Eye" has more star power in it than a blockbuster films. It sits at 5 Million. "Bitch" is a fun video, which almost demands repeated viewings. And it's eye popping in the way that good music videos are. People my have been intrigued by the promise of stars, but it isn't why views keeping going up.With Taylor, any video of hers at this point will reach a massive audience on youtube. She's having a moment right now. After a great fight sequence in the beginning though, the "Bad Blood" video is just a series of character introductions....many I don't know. It's rather dull, albeit it looks good. "Blank Space" was a much better video. "Shake It Off" was even a better video."Bitch" is a budgeted video done well and is Madonna first video truly made for the youtube generation. And this is what she was going for.

well I dont think its her first video for the youtube generation idk what you mean but i think she doesnt really care about videos very much still. The only reason the song charted was because of the video so maybe this will bring about dat epiphany that digital stuff matters in the digital era.

Billboard Dance Club Play Songs Chart: Bitch I’m Madonna up to #15

Bitch I’m Madonna: the 3rd single off Madonna‘s Rebel Heart climbs eleven spots on the Billboard Dance Club Play Songs chart at #15 (#26 – Issue date July 7, 2015) and it’s also the Greatest Gainer!

Issue date: July 7 /2015.

Original Italian article @ http://popsoap.it/ageismo-bitch-im-madonna/

[Translated by DM]

AGEISM? BITCH I'M MADONNA!

Since its debut as track #6 on the first appetizer from Rebel Heart (a damage control release that hit iTunes and other digital platforms in December to counteract the leakage of a large number of early demos recorded for the album), Bitch I’m Madonna has been splitting fans between those who rave about its urban inflected eccentricity and those who loathe it with no mercy, most probably because the day the Queen of pop revealed to web surfers (via her Instagram account) that Thomas Wesley Pentz (better known as Diplo) had joined the dream team she was working with on her new project, many people felt something explosive was going to shake music industry, but very few suspected the limit dividing genius from insanity (and vice versa) was bound to be broken.

Bitch I’m Madonna is not the most controversial lyric Madonna has ever written (as the title might wrongly suggest); Bitch I’m Madonna is just more than this, it’s Madonna and her crew thinking outside the box (once again) and upsetting radio friendly music stereotypes in the name of unconventionality and Next level shit avant-garde.

In fact, it only takes a few listens to her Rebel Heart album to appreciate that perfectly balanced mixture of freaky attitude and sonic madness distinguishing the track from the rest.

Let’s analyse what happens in a little over 3 minutes: the choppy acoustic guitar riffs serving as intro are quickly followed by a frenetic muddle of synthesizers underpinning the verses and resembling the late 90’s trance sounds loved by Sophie, a mysterious up and coming DJ who hides his true identity behind a female nickname and has additionally produced the cut flaunting innovative techniques we’ll mention further on.

Verbal provocations (Blow up this shit tonight! / Gon’ blow up! Who do you think you are?), shouted aloud like the most hopeless caffeineaholic would do, let the track fall into a pounding trap interlude driven by a weird synth line (a cross between geese melodically honking and chainsaws) dominating the mix and accompanying what turns out to be the song keystone: a catchy nursery rhyme in which La Ciccone praises unapologetic impudence and care-freeness singing the ironic hook Bitch I’m Madonna, a collective motto everybody can make their own to justify politically incorrect behaviours and anti-conservative tendencies.

Then, a way more chaotic whirlwind of stuttering ravey synths and sampled handclaps overlapping each other (and wildly mating) introduces a rap by Nicki Minaj, who rides the beat with her distinctive, ostentatious flows until the rhythm gets mellow toward the end and gives way to the dreamy chords of an electro lullaby, abruptly interrupted by a mechanic dog sound-alike barking in the final breakdown.

Unavoidably trapped in a love/hate affair, Bitch I’m Madonna marks a turning point anyway, maybe it will also set a new trend: it’s the very first output from a globally acclaimed artist to take advantage of the unusual instrumentation supported by PC Music (a London based indie label Sophie belongs to), conceiving digital beats just like a malleable metal and manipulating synths in order to make them mimick liquid, plastic and onomatopoeic sounds where necessary (tracks like Hey QT andLemonade totally sum this mindset up).

In step with what the song is about, the music video for Bitch I’m Madonna, directed by long-time collaborator Jonas Ã…kerlund (who directed previous master-works such as Ray Of LightMusic,Ghosttown and the American Life original cut), features surprise cameos from an impressive plethora of celebrities (Beyoncé, Kanye, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Rita Ora and Jeremy Scott to name a few) and captures Madonna and her dancers while partying hard and fooling around at Andre Balazs Standard High Line in New York.

This new clip, enhanced with the brightness of its polychromatic frames and the kitschy fluorescence of its characters, is also a visual support for something ballsier than just nocturnal fun: it’s a trenchant middle finger given to Madonna’s new arch enemy, a form of discrimination calledageism fuelled by detractors who like to trash female performers no more in their twenties by diminishing their public image and banning their tracks from the most influential radio stations.

Available as a Remix EP on iTunes and other digital stores right now, via Universal/Interscope Records (and already climbing Billboard Dance/Club Chart thanks to DJ’s spins), Bitch I’m Madonna is the official third single taken from Rebel Heart as well as the first one to reflect the fearless and provocative side of the record, opposed to the more romantic and emotional vein marking Living For Love and Ghosttown.