Best Madonna's World Tours

groovyguy

Here's my list

• [*]Reinvention Tour (that was THE setlist! epic performances and soo many classics perfectly reinterpreted :om: ) [*]The Girlie Show (she beautifully reworked her songs for that tour and it was so elegantly theatrical) [*]Confessions Tour (that was M, her live energy, at her very best - the same as...) [*]Blond Ambition Tour (see above) [*]Who's That Girl Tour (even if very simple, it's the most "rockish" and, as a child, I was crazy for her energy and breakdance attitude. Shabadoo was fun!) [*]Drowned World Tour (really loved the Geisha set and Lo Que Siente La Mujer/La Isla, but I felt the rest of the show too cold in its hi-tech perfection) [*]MDNA Tour (I loved the Gang Bang moment and the whole burlesque set, but again the whole thing was cold as perfect... except the majorette numbers, those were pure horror) [*]Sticky and Sweet (WTF!!! ...sorry :angel: ) [*]Virgin Tour (She was really cool, but I think we never had the right video coverage to estimate it)

• 2 months later...

All of Madonna's tours have been iconic. I am going to rank tours from WORST to BEST and give explanation why.

9. Drowned World Tour- 2001 (In support of Music and Ray of Light)

These were two of Madonna's better albums but this concert tour is uninspired and just really doesn't feel like Madonna. Madonna just seemed so stone cold and there was little to no fun to be had on her part. The setlist really consisted of only tracks from the supported records and little to no old hits made appearances. The show was dark and the choreography was minimal and a bit boring. Her vocals were fantastic but her look just didn't match.  *BEST PERFORMANCE IN THE SHOW: IMPRESSIVE INSTANT OR RAY OF LIGHT

8. The Virgin Tour- 1985 (In support of Like a Virgin and Madonna)

This tour is undeniably iconic and two albums it supported were even more iconic. The reason it ranks this low is because this tour just doesn't really compare to other Madonna tours. The show, and I know that it was her first tour, was short and it wasn't as flashy as her later tours. Madonna did sound amazing and the stage was really innovative but the show lagged in some places, especially the middle of the show. The tour does hold a special place in my heart as Madonna's first outing but it felt like second peg compared to the Like a Virgin performance at the VMAS that year. *BEST PERFORMANCE IN SHOW: LIKE A VIRGIN WITH BILLIE JEAN SNIPPET 

7. Sticky and Sweet Tour- 2008/2009 (In support of Hard Candy)

The album that this tour supported is far from Madonna's best, but it did have it's shinning stars. When this tour was announced, it got a lot of people exited as it had been two years since Madonna had been on the road. The show was not disappointing but it just couldn't match up to her other tours. The show was very self-mocking which at times was funny but at other times it felt a bit much and sometimes just felt like it was pushing it. But the show did have shining moments which added to the magic of the show. The tours stage was amazing but I feel as if it just doesn't match to the other tours. *BEST PERFORMANCE IN SHOW: INTO THE GROOVE

6. The MDNA Tour- 2012 (In support of MDNA)

This was the first Madonna tour that I really sat to analyze all the way through. The show had empowering messages of unity and of peace and mixed in elements of political commentary. But the show was a bit more monumental in word of mouth than in person. That is not to say that this tour wasn't amazing, because it was, but the hype that surrounded the show came from the controversy more than the substance of the show. The concert was very exiting and brought back some of Madonna's biggest hits. The stage was amazing and got Madonna connected to her crowd. But the show tended to lag in the middle but it would always pick itself back up.  *BEST PERFORMANCE IN SHOW: GANG BANG

5. The Girlie Show World Tour- 1993 (In support of Erotica and the Sex book)

This period was a controversial one for the queen. Her highly talked about book Sex caused an uproar with the media and the explicit lyrics and videos of the Erotica album added flame to the fire. But Madonna took this in stride and created one of her most iconic and most enjoyable shows. The show had tight choreography, brilliant vocals, flashy costumes, impressive imagery, and plenty of sex appeal. The first section of the show and the last section of the show are fantastic, but the cabaret inspired middle section from Like a Virgin to La Isla Bonita takes the cake of the most flashy and enjoyable of the show. The stage was fantastic and the setlist was very faithful to not only the supported record but her hits. The show did have its less impressive moments before the cabaret section. *BEST PERFORMANCE IN SHOW: EROTICA OR VOUGUE OR LIKE A VIRGIN

4. Re-Invention World Tour (In support of American Life)

This show was a jab at all of Madonna's critics from the performance down to the name. The show was fast paced filled to the brim tight choreography and pristine vocals. The album that this album supported wasn't perfect but it supplied fantastic imagery and brilliant source for story and essence. The shows setlist spanned through Madonna's entire career up to that point and not explicitly on the newest album. The stage was simple in style but that added to the magic and mystery to the show. The show had very few lagged moments and when it did, it always picked itself back up. And it had the best choice for an opening song in the queen's career. *BEST PERFORMANCE IN SHOW: VOGUE

3. Who's That Girl World Tour- 1987 (In support of True Blue and Who's That Girl Soundtrack/Film)

The source studio record for this tour is one of Madonna's best and the soundtrack was actually pretty good (the film was not sadly) and guaranteed that the tour would be spectacular. Madonna wanted it bigger, better, louder, flashier, and even more fun. And she indeed delivered! The costumes were amazing and the band was spectacular and her vocals were perhaps her best. The show was very exiting and Madonna was full of energy and was constantly smiling and looked as if she genuinely was having fun. This tour had the best setlist of any of her tours and the choreography was splendid. The show only lagged for one or two songs but overall stayed very peppy throughout. *BEST PERFORMANCE IN SHOW: LIVE TO TELL OR PAPA DON'T PREACH

2. Blonde Ambition World Tour- 1990 (In support of Like a Prayer and I'm Breathless)

This tour is considered to be the magnum opus and most dazzling pop tour of all time. Madonna pulled out her best for this tour and supplied her fans with some of the most stunning visuals and sounds of any tour ever. The tours supported albums were amazing and her the setlist was fantastic. Fans want this tour on DVD and Blu-Ray more than any other tour (yes I know Truth or Dare is on DVD but its not the full show). The tour went down in history as the best pop tour ever and holds a large spot in Madonna fans hearts. But one just outdid this one if at all possible. *BEST PERFORMANCE IN SHOW: LIVE TO TELL/OH FATHER

1. The Confessions Tour- 2006 (In support of Confessions on a Dance Floor)

This tour is what cemented me as a Madonna fan. The setlist was perfect. The stage was amazing. The choreography was on point. The visuals were haunting. And Madonna looked her most stunning and beautiful. The dazzling Future Lovers performance was her best show beginning and the parkour in Jump was beautiful. The entire show really was one gigantic ball of fun and enjoyable energy and has cemented itself in Madonna fans hearts as her best.

We are all very exited to see what The Rebel Heart Tour in store for us. Tell me if you agree with my list! 

• 1 month later...

differtent era and looks for differents shows, maybe she made history in '90 with her Blond Ambition Tour and also in '87 she was the first female artist to chage concerts rules ... Her shows are always differents, but I think, these tours are more knows than others and much better than latest...I hate when she plays guitar (sorry)

1. Blond Ambition Tour

2. The Girlie Show

3. MDNA Tour

4. Confessions Tour

5. Who's that girl tour

6. Re-Invention Tour

7. The Virgin Tour

8. Sticky & Sweet Tour

9. Drowned World tour

• 4 weeks later...

Never seen: Virgin tour, who's that girl tourPartly seen: mdna tour, blond ambition (had in bed with madonna on vhs years ago + seen some youtube videos later)Seen in full (DVD): girlie show and drowned world tourSeen in full: re-invention tour (I'm going to tell you a secret + all other clips online)Seen live: confessions tour and sticky and sweet tourCan only comment on tours I've seen in full but I'd say:1. Re-invention tour - great setlist - no duds in my opinion. Wanted badly to see this live but couldn't get any tickets at the time 2. Confessions tour - a really fun tour. Great atmosphere in the stadium. Good choice, though I do think deeper and deeper should have been included, although not in the form of that rubbish Stuart price demo!3. Sticky and sweet 2008 leg - opening night of tour so I liked being part of the first audience to hear the show on the whole a good setlist. I liked hearing borderline as it's always been a personal fave and was nice to see her do you must love me, which sounded great! Like a prayer got the whole stadium up on their feet and dancing - was a brilliant atmosphere. Hung up was shockingly bad!! I think the magic of that song relied heavily on the abba sample, and it was so drowned out by the guitars that it wasn't great to listen to (she must of felt that too as she swapped it out for frozen in tge 2009 leg). 4. Drowned world tour - good setlist - only two older songs but I did like how they sounded. Liked most songs but would of liked a couple more songs from bedtime stories as as far as I can tell it seems to be the only studio album not supported by a tour but hey-ho -can't get everything you want. Highlight was definitely the closing of music - the best performance of that song in my opinion.5. Girlie show - set list ok really. Nothing particularly bad to say though as I enjoyed the show but I guess it didn't seem as polished as the shows she did after this.

• 1 month later...

Re-Invention (best Setlist, best Backdrop/Interlude Vids and i was a PitDancer :party:)

Confessions (great Setlist, very good chorography, love the erotica/you thrill me part)

Sticky & Sweet (good Songs, just fun the whole show,she´s not me- so ironic )

Blond Ambition (simply cult :worship: )

Drowned World (from the dark into the light "perfect", my first M concert)

MDNA (love the dark atmosphere (not on DVD), the funny rehearsal and i met my Boyfriend in da frontrow, unforgettable :cute: )

Virgin Tour (simply but impressive, M full of energy ,best performance Gambler)

Who´s that Girl (have the VHS viewed dozens of times, best performance Papa don´t preach)

Girlie Show (good concept, but the Setlist was a little bit borring, and the concert in germany was canceled :suffer:)

I honestly can't rank her tours this way. How can you even compare say, Girlie Show with Drowned World Tour? It's apples and oranges to  me. I can definitely say which tour I like the least - Sticky & Sweet. I had a blast seeing it live at Wembley but I think it's her flattest and most uninspired show ever (and I actually quite like Hard Candy). I didn't even bother going to the 2009 leg and watched the DVD maybe twice. I actually recently begun watching the 4 Minutes performance on YouTube and ended up turning it off - everything about it is wrong. I do love the gypsy section though - truly beautiful. 

• 2 weeks later...

Madonna's 9 Tours: Ranked

http://www.advocate.com/music/2015/9/09/.VfCXYO9PXc8.twitter

Madonna, one of the greatest concert performers ever, kicks off her 10th major tour tonight in Montreal. Let's judge her earlier forays onstage, shall we?

SEPTEMBER 09 2015 7:15 AM EDT

• 2 years later...