I demand Blond Ambition in Blu Ray format!

mdna2015

I found this on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siowZ4V8xwo

Why can't the full concert be released on DVD & Blu Ray? I love it so much!

I'm not a lifetime M fan because I wasn't actually born when she started out but I've really been into her this year, I just think this is such an amazing concert.

Amazing energy

Oh and that performance is EVERYTHING

I'm not very fond of the curls, but then again, that was the end of the 80's/ beginning of the 90's, soooo... The ponytail isn't really appealing to me either, but between the two looks, I'd still go for the ponytail. Although the best version of the concert was recorded in the european leg (Paris), during which she used the curls.

I dont think she's ever going to release the whole Paris concert on DVD or bluray though (I WISH!!!). Maybe Nice or Yokohama if we're lucky.

Which version though, ponytail or Shirley Temple curls?

Shirley Temple curls, no doubt!!

If I remember correctly, I believe that the rights were sold to Laserdisc (Yokohama & Nice) for twenty five years in exclusive.

That is the main reason why even today we do not have DVD or Bluray. If they were launched in 1991, we added 25 years and gives us 2016.

When Madonna announced she was leaving Warner Music there were rumors that they were going to launch the Virgin and the Blond Ambition Tour. As the rights of Nice and Yokohama belong to Laserdisc, it is said that they spoke with Alek Keshishian, who for his work in "Truth or Dare" had an entire copy of a concert in Paris, used in the documentary.

But in the end as always, Warner is not able to release new material from Madonna.

If I remember correctly, I believe that the rights were sold to Laserdisc (Yokohama & Nice) for twenty five years in exclusive.

Rights for Nice & Yokohama actually belong to Pioneer, not laserdisc, wich is just the brand of a home made format. 

Regarding this release, she told in that reddit Q&A that she'll release it when they can find the masters, wich seems to be lost into the file.

I assume if this show is released some day it will be the footage taken for Truth And Dare, not only because that was shooted in filmic for the cinematographic movie so it's appropiate for an HD mastering, but also they shooted multiple dates with many more cameras, so it will give a better result. 

Nice & Yokohama were both shooted in standard definition so there's no point of using it when you have a better recording in the files.  

I thank god everyday that they didn't release the laserdiscs on DVD, that would diminish the chances of getting a proper quality release. Those shows were shot in 80s quality. 

She claimed they don't know where the film is, probably belongs to the company that holds the rights to ToD? We don't even know if the full show was even edited back then, so I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon.

FIGHTER!!!!!! YAAAAASSSSSS, story of my life. I'm sorry for yelling but you and I share the exact same sadness!!! This needs to happen. And I feel like we have no answers. M saying "I gotta find the tapes" BASICALLY means... she don give a shit okkrrrrrr (click). 

I'm just so passionate about this being released in HD for us all :Madonna023:

According to this interview with Lisa Hollingshead (Line Producer on Truth Or Dare), David Fincher (who was originally scheduled to direct the documentary) shot all the Tokyo shows on 35mm (though I guess she means Yokohama since there were no Blond Ambition shows in Tokyo). Eventually all 3 nights in Paris were shot on 35mm with 13 cameras by Keshishian and his team.

source: http://thebeatswithin.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/truth-or-dare-lisa-hollingshead-speaks.html

I'm sure there's more than enough footage to make a proper release from. It's a matter of who owns the rights and who can be bothered to digitise the footage and actually release it. 

According to this interview with Lisa Hollingshead (Line Producer on Truth Or Dare), David Fincher (who was originally scheduled to direct the documentary) shot all the Tokyo shows on 35mm (though I guess she means Yokohama since there were no Blond Ambition shows in Tokyo). Eventually all 3 nights in Paris were shot on 35mm with 13 cameras by Keshishian and his team.

source: http://thebeatswithin.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/truth-or-dare-lisa-hollingshead-speaks.html

I'm sure there's more than enough footage to make a proper release from. It's a matter of who owns the rights and who can be bothered to digitise the footage and actually release it. 

David Fincher shooting BAT Yokohama shows on 35mm? That's news to me. Fincher has done some gorgeous music videos, so I'm sure those shows must have been filmed real well.I feel like if we're ever gonna get any BAT show on Blu-Ray then it's gonna be the Paris shows, since a lot of effort was put into that whole thing. The Paris shows win by number of cameras and different angles alone. They basically got every angle covered on a ton of cameras over 3 nights. I don't think anyone actually cares enough to put that stuff out though. If M really wanted to release it then it would have happened already.Also, how come you can't see any guys with film cameras in the BAT Yokohama show that was released on laserdisc? I mean, I never looked too close, but you'd guess they'd have some kind of on stage camera guys if they're shooting it all fancy on film and stuff. I'm guessing they shot other Japanese shows then, so either the shows in Chiba or Nishinomiya. I'd actually prefer seeing those over Yokohama since we have a Yokohama show already and it'd be interesting to see another show of the Japanese leg.So anyway, if that above interview is correct and they did shoot some BAT Japan shows on 35mm, then the only choices for a Blu-Ray release are either the Japanese shows or Paris, and I'm pretty sure if it ever comes down to it they would release the Paris shows. I feel like they wouldn't even consider releasing the Japanese shows since the fan demand is higher for the Paris ones. I'd personally prefer one of the Japanese shows but any M show on Blu-Ray is fine with me.Over all of that I'd much rather have the Virgin Tour on Blu-Ray though. It's weird that they haven't released that yet, unless there's some issue with the rights or something.

but those are the ones she can use, i read somewhere that the truth or dare one wasnt fully filmed

I read all 3 shows were filmed idk and also the japanese shows but not sure if thats true. :LL

but Im sure she doesnt own the rights and can't be bothered anyway.   :silly:

And Im ok with that i want her to focus on the present and stop looking back, no one cares about the 90s girl

I read all 3 shows were filmed idk and also the japanese shows but not sure if thats true. :LL

but Im sure she doesnt own the rights and can't be bothered anyway.   :silly:

And Im ok with that i want her to focus on the present and stop looking back, no one cares about the 90s girl

Well naturally we'd all prefer she focus on the current tour and not worry about that but I'd sure love to see the first Japanese show, featured in Truth Or Dare, where M and her dancers wore black leggings all the way through because of the heavy rain. Don't reckon Vogue would be that much different though :Madonna006:

I'd sure love to see the first Japanese show, featured in Truth Or Dare, where M and her dancers wore black leggings all the way through because of the heavy rain. Don't reckon Vogue would be that much different though :Madonna006:

Are you sure they wore it the whole show? Cause in

you can see her wearing her normal outfit in Causing A Commotion, but then when they show Where's The Party she's wearing the leggings again. I don't know if those clips are from the same show cause it seems strange for her to just change pants after Causing A Commotion, but you can see a guy on the floor trying to get rid of the rain in Causing A Commotion. So if that's the only Japanese show where it rained then I guess she didn't wear the leggings the whole show. Plus in
that's from the opening night she's wearing her normal Vogue outfit, and if you check the other footage of that show you can see her wearing her usual outfits for most of the songs. I've seen most of the show except the first few songs, so I can't know for sure if that's really the opening night. I guess someone would have to post a clip of Express Yourself to see if it's really the show where she wore the leggings. The guy who posted the Vogue video also posted another clip of the same show where you can see that the stage is wet, and you can see the same guy from the Causing A Commotion clip trying to get rid of the rain.I think they probably just exaggerated that whole rain thing for Truth Or Dare and she only wore it for the first couple songs.