Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

And she's had nipples removed from instagram. She's obviously talking in more general terms. 

No she was clearly talking about Instagram's rules.

First, she's part of that whole #freethenipple campaign. Then, when it doesn't fit her narrative, she's suddenly saying women's bodies are free to be objectified on Instagram. It's contradictory and makes no sense.

And I'm not too fond of her latest choice of companions. I hope she's not turning into a crazy SJW.

No she was clearly talking about Instagram's rules.

Her views obviously dont stem solely from social media rules, to think that would be absurd. So yes she is talking in general terms about somehing that also pertains to attitudes in social media.

First, she's part of that whole #freethenipple campaign. Then, when it doesn't fit her narrative, she's suddenly saying women's bodies are free to be objectified on Instagram. It's contradictory and makes no sense.

Look she is angry that a misogynist will be the leader of the free?? world. She posted a video of someone who doesnt have a problem with self objectification, and she has never had a problem with self objectification. So in that sense, shes not contradictory. I will say that I dont agree with posting genitals on social media and understand why it was removed, However misogynist objectification has always been an issue while women arent free to objectify themselves without being slut shamed so I do understand her anger, especially in the context of whats happening, machism is rising so theres levels of irony with posting a dick in eveyones face.

And I'm not too fond of her latest choice of companions. I hope she's not turning into a crazy SJW.

Not sure which companions you mean, but I hope we wont undermine people without much thought just to be contrarian.

@@Fighter She was talking about Instagram's rules. She said it was an "experiment" to see whether or not Instagram would remove the post. She said that they removed the post because they have a problem with men being objectified, but not women. However, they obviously have removed female nudity before as well. This is something Madonna has experienced before and spoke out against, which makes her "experiment" even harder to understand. 

If she wanted to prove a point about objectification of men vs. objectification of women, Instagram was not the place to do it. 

@@Fighter She was talking about Instagram's rules. She said it was an "experiment" to see whether or not Instagram would remove the post. She said that they removed the post because they have a problem with men being objectified, but not women. However, they obviously have removed female nudity before as well. This is something Madonna has experienced before and spoke out against, which makes her "experiment" even harder to understand. 

If she wanted to prove a point about objectification of men vs. objectification of women, Instagram was not the place to do it. 

Instagram, for better or worse, is her main outlet nowadays... she obviously does things there for bigger reasons than just social media rules. She's been doing "experiments" for over 30 years holding up a mirror to people's bigotry. Her message is convoluted in this case but considering how she's feeling as most of us, she's entitled to one or two or a hundred "fuck yous". I can't blame her for it

@@Fighter Well, "fuck yous" aren't going to help the divide in this country. People should lead by example instead of going on emotional rampages on social media. Think before you post.

But she is entitled to her emotions, especially if she is attacked. I do agree that we need to discuss things in a rational manner and have endless patience, because the blowback is hard. We have seen that.

• madgefan pinned this topic
  • Fighter locked and unlocked this topic
  • Fighter unpinned, locked, unlocked and pinned this topic