Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

1 hour ago, Liam said:

Maybe you and you're buddy who likes to "like" everything you post, should take a page from your own advice and "accept" that other fans have a different opinion than you, and do not appreciate how some come in here only to criticize her. Maybe understand, some just don't appreciate others who just come in (rarely post) unless they have something negative to say. 

:thinker: 

If you really think I've only moaned in this forum, you couldn't be more wrong. You're so unfair and biased when you say that I only complain.

are you really going to defend someone who admits being disappointed with her for 10 years now and still hanging out at Madonna forums. Sorry, I just don't accept that. 

Well, you should accept that criticism too, because behind that criticism and disappointment, there has been excitement before.

For some time now there's a feeling of excessive sensitivity towards any type of complaining in this forum, on Instagram, etc., that is making many of us to think twice wether to post something or not, because of this sensitivity with the "negative comments" (which are not other thing but reality on many, many occasions).

Thank you. 105ussz.jpg

16 minutes ago, Jascka said:

If you really think I've only moaned in this forum, you couldn't be more wrong. You're so unfair and biased when you say that I only complain.

Well, you should accept that criticism too, because behind that criticism and disappointment, there has been excitement before.

For some time now there's a feeling of excessive sensitivity towards any type of complaining in this forum, on Instagram... that is making many of us to think twice wether to post something or not, because of this sensitivity with the "negative comments" (which are not other thing but reality).

Thank you. 105ussz.jpg

Please read my responses again. I never said you specifically are "moaning".  So there is no "unfair and bias" to my comments. Please read and comprehend what is said before responding in such defense.  In fact, It is odd that you are speaking up about people being "sensitive" when you are being highly sensitive yourself. :thinker:

Obviously, you're reading what you what to read and interpreting it the way you want.  We'll get no where if you keep doing this. I was clear in what I said about what I take issue with and who with.  If my comments don't apply to you, then don't assign my words to you personally, when it's not!

And, I'm sorry @Fighter, but to me this is a public matter that needs to be addressed.  Recently, Madonna posted the very picture this discussion derived from and  removed  it based on the insensitive and mean comments said of her.  It's one thing to be constructive, but to come in ONLY to bash her is just wrong.  You know it, and I know it.  With all due respect, I'm not going to dance around this lightly just because you don't want to discuss it or interpret this as something that should be discussed "privately".  To me, this is bullying. I don't care if she's famous and/or if she's a big girl and can take care of herself.  But we shouldn't just accept this sort of behavior from people.  Just saying. :)

1 hour ago, Liam said:

PAnd, I'm sorry @Fighter, but to me this is a public discussion that needs to be addressed.  Recently, Madonna posted the very picture this discussion derived from and  removed based on the insensitive mean comments said of her.  It's one thing to be constructive, but to come in ONLY to bash her is just wrong.  You know and I know it.  With all respect, I'm not going to dance around this lightly just because you don't want to discuss it or interpret this as some "private matter".  To me, this is bullying. I don't care if she's famous and/or if she's a big girl and can take care of herself.  But we shouldn't just accept this sort of behavior from people.  Just saying. :)

Who comes in to do what is besides the point. We’re not changing anything by calling out two people from a forum. The point is that people in general who pounce on women for how they look should realise how sexist that is, and criticizing her for how her face or body looks is indeed bullying. I don't care who it is that does it.

I get that some people thought in their minds that she would make different decisions but it's her right to do whatever she wants with her body and we have no right to correct her, especially men thinking they have the right perspective to come at women for their personal decisions. 

It's been a long time of people saying the same things over and over about how she looks. They have 2 options, move on for their own sake, or have the correct amount of respect to not make insensitive remarks. Sometimes we need to think wether we should sit down and shut up and not say something about someone. 

The ironic thing is that there's nothing out of the ordinary on the picture she posted. So it really goes to show how much people fixate on how women look, and then they expect them to not feel pressure. People who did this obviously don't care enough about other aspects of who she is that are more important. Let her focus on her music which is what she does and what we're supposed to be interested in. I get that her image is important but she doesn't owe us her face nor body. 

1 hour ago, Fighter said:

Who comes in to do what is besides the point. We’re not changing anything by calling out two people from a forum. The point is that people in general who pounce on women for how they look should realise how sexist that is, and criticizing her for how her face or body looks is indeed bullying. I don't care who it is that does it.

I get that some people thought in their minds that she would make different decisions but it's her right to do whatever she wants with her body and we have no right to correct her, especially men thinking they have the right perspective to come at women for their personal decisions. 

It's been a long time of people saying the same things over and over about how she looks. They have 2 options, move on for their own sake, or have the correct amount of respect to not make insensitive remarks. Sometimes we need to think wether we should sit down and shut up and not say something about someone. 

The ironic thing is that there's nothing out of the ordinary on the picture she posted. So it really goes to show how much people fixate on how women look, and then they expect them to not feel pressure. People who did this obviously don't care enough about other aspects of who she is that are more important. Let her focus on her music which is what she does and what we're supposed to be interested in. I get that her image is important but she doesn't owe us her face nor body. 

Totally agree with everything you said!!  Thank you for saying it!!  Though, I like to express, I do believe the more people who speak up against "bullying" and "sexist" comments, will allow us to create an environment that is genuine with fair discussion and criticism if need be, and let those who cross the line know we aren't going to put up with it.  I don't know about you, but I'm tired to death that people are saying we're being "sensitive" or what not because we can't stomach their bullish behavior.  To me, that's just trying to justify one to keep on bullying or being sexist.   It seems backwards to me that we have to defend why we appreciate her at a forum dedicated to her.   Claiming that fans "do not have to love every thing she does", doesn't mean we should just sit idly by and let people justify whatever they want to say about her in such a negative and bullish behavior.  Change only takes place if enough people stand up, and say "enough is enough".   :)

6 minutes ago, Liam said:

Totally agree with everything you said!!  Thank you for saying it!!  Though, I like to express, I do believe the more people who speak up against "bullying", will allow us to create an environment that is genuine with fair discussion and criticism if need be, and let those who cross the line know we aren't going to put up with it.  I don't know about you, but I'm tired to death that people are saying we're being "sensitive" or what not because we can't stomach their bullish behavior.  To me, that's just trying to justify one to keep on bullying.  Why should we let that happen when we're here simply to appreciate her?  Why do we have to keep defending who she is or how she looks at a forum that is dedicated to her?  It seems backwards to me?  Claiming that fans "do not have to love every thing she does", doesn't mean we should just sit idly by and let people justify whatever they want say about her in such a negative and bullish behavior.  Change only takes place if enough people stand up, and say "enough is enough".   :)

of course, this should be a good environment but we also can't turn it into a place that's completely devoid of opinions we don't like or even opinions that are wrong. At least that gives us the opportunity to talk about important issues which is a good thing. I know it's hard for everyone not to get upset at some things, but we gotta try to be as constructive as possible. 

12 minutes ago, Fighter said:

of course, this should be a good environment but we also can't turn it into a place that's completely devoid of opinions we don't like or even opinions that are wrong. At least that gives us the opportunity to talk about important issues which is a good thing. I know it's hard for everyone not to get upset at some things, but we gotta try to be as constructive as possible. 

No one more than me wants a diverse and constructive dialog going on.  But let's not mistake genuine opinions from those who simply come in to be negative.  We all know she does things to her face.  From time to time, we notice the significant differences, but to just berate her over it without contributing anything more to the community is where we have to acknowledge who are the trolls.  In the end, for me it's about quality rather quantity. There are plenty of people here who have difference of opinions of Madonna without being constantly negative or saying sexist remarks about her.  And make no mistake, I am not asking anyone to not offer their opinions or even leave or be banned.  I'm just requesting people to think about not being so constantly negative (especially regarding her appearance).

1 hour ago, Liam said:

No one more than me wants a diverse and constructive dialog going on.  But let's not mistake genuine opinions from those who simply come in to be negative.  We all know she does things to her face.  From time to time, we notice the significant differences, but to just berate her over it without contributing anything more to the community is where we have to acknowledge who are the trolls.  In the end, for me it's about quality rather quantity. There are plenty of people here who have difference of opinions of Madonna without being constantly negative or saying sexist remarks about her.  And make no mistake, I am not asking anyone to not offer their opinions or even leave or be banned.  I'm just requesting people to think about not being so constantly negative (especially regarding her appearance).

I may not agree with them but I don't think they're trolls and their opinions however wrong are genuine opinions. And we get nowhere by saying those things. Some people just don't seem to get over the whole plastic surgery thing, hopefully they will on time. I agree that they should think twice about what they say and where it's coming from with this issue.

On 17/5/2018 at 12:55 AM, Liam said:

It's one thing to be constructive, but to come in ONLY to bash her is just wrong.  You know it, and I know it.  With all due respect, I'm not going to dance around this lightly just because you don't want to discuss it or interpret this as something that should be discussed "privately".  To me, this is bullying. I don't care if she's famous and/or if she's a big girl and can take care of herself.  But we shouldn't just accept this sort of behavior from people.  Just saying. :)

but to just berate her over it without contributing anything more to the community is where we have to acknowledge who are the trolls

Sorry but I think I'll made some use of the ignore button for the first time. :smile:

Please, Liam, don't put an attitude I don't have on me. So if you are not interested, its been about time you click on the "ignore user" button and you won't see my posts again.

So, and what's what I said? Did you read my post? To sum up: it has just been suggested that she went too far with the plastic surgery on her face and I showed my concern. Yes! It worries me, because I'm a fan. And a fan can show both excitement and content and disappointment at the same time. Deal with that Liam, the sooner the better. :) That's not negative, that's reality.

Read again what I post, please, don't twist what I say either. By the way, you only focus on the "negative" things I may post (or some of us), but never on the positive, which I say, and many.

So when things are not working in many aspects of her career/the image she gives of herself/etc., I'll be critic (call it negative or whatever you prefer), but when things are going well and her team is working hard for her, I'll be the first to applaud and cheer too.

Thank you Fighter for keeping it nice and calm! 105ussz.jpg

16 hours ago, groovyguy said:

Imagine she just drop the new album one day and announces the release on her Instagram! :) 

You're getting me excited.  Though, I still think she's just releasing a single or two before the album which may come this fall. :)

34 minutes ago, Fighter said:

this is all for mdna skin? blehgh...

If this is for MDNA Skin, then the posted pics  with veil and camera could be a new music video.

Madonna posted this on her Instagram in February. And let's not forget that latex video. It seems she was working on more projects.

well I hope she comes with a somewhat fresh and cohesive image for the album, so far these pictures are imagery we've seen before in other incarnations. Not that I expect a full on re-invention but it would be nice if it was different than blond glamour 90s diva. I hope to be a bit surprised. 

• madgefan pinned this topic
  • Fighter locked and unlocked this topic
  • Fighter unpinned, locked, unlocked and pinned this topic