Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

Meh, I hate when she messes with her face, but most do. We don't because we usually counting change when we deciding on buying ice cream we don't technically need (probably because we spent too much money on music/Madonna, lol). If we had money like someone like Madonna, there'd be a lot of stupid stuff we'd spend it on, and looking young as possible would be one of them, let's be honest. It's easy to say no while you still look good. Not so much when the age actually starts catching up.

14 hours ago, FrozenPenguin said:

This soo stupid!  If the Madonna that "shaped you"  and you liked is gone then move on. She doesn't owe anything to anyone and she can do as she please with her body and looks.  People should put themselves in her shoes and realize that for an artist like her ( specially a woman) looks are important. If she were to just let herself go and age "gracefully" she would be criticized for that too.  

I should be wary of replying to someone with a couple posts but...

As a paying customer of her product for over 25 years I feel she does owe me the same quality that she had been delivering. The quality I and everyone else has been investing in all our lives right? She is an expensive addiciton.

The same applies to all business. High standards are always expected. Don't forget apart from her being human or whatever, she is also a business and an empire and a product. She, the hardcore capitalist that she is understands business VERY well.

If you are gonna get surgery, be honest about it. Don't claim your skincare products are keeping you youthful. I don't mind it if she is honest, but few are.

My main concern is the intention BEHIND the surgery, what is motivating it. Look at her endless late night selfies on Instagram, just staring into a camera. With songs like "Bitch I'm Madonna" I get the impression she is having a major identity crisis in a rapidly changing digital world. She was the MASTER of analog and the old system, (something she talked about with Howard Stern a couple years back) the digital knocked her a bit and Gaga (remember her?) swooped in to fill the void. 

Just look at how she handled the Rebel Heart leak. Also take a look at the last 10 years, her stage shows have been phenomenal but everything else? I guess the divorce really took it out of her.

But I guess I am not allowed an opinion, I should just keep my rose-tinted glasses on and pretend she poops gold, that grills and face cushions look amazing.

2 hours ago, anaglyphx said:

I should be wary of replying to someone with a couple posts but...

As a paying customer of her product for over 25 years I feel she does owe me the same quality that she had been delivering. The quality I and everyone else has been investing in all our lives right? She is an expensive addiciton.

The same applies to all business. High standards are always expected. Don't forget apart from her being human or whatever, she is also a business and an empire and a product. She, the hardcore capitalist that she is understands business VERY well.

If you are gonna get surgery, be honest about it. Don't claim your skincare products are keeping you youthful. I don't mind it if she is honest, but few are.

My main concern is the intention BEHIND the surgery, what is motivating it. Look at her endless late night selfies on Instagram, just staring into a camera. With songs like "Bitch I'm Madonna" I get the impression she is having a major identity crisis in a rapidly changing digital world. She was the MASTER of analog and the old system, (something she talked about with Howard Stern a couple years back) the digital knocked her a bit and Gaga (remember her?) swooped in to fill the void. 

Just look at how she handled the Rebel Heart leak. Also take a look at the last 10 years, her stage shows have been phenomenal but everything else? I guess the divorce really took it out of her.

But I guess I am not allowed an opinion, I should just keep my rose-tinted glasses on and pretend she poops gold, that grills and face cushions look amazing.

Amen! That's everything about it, with every single comma of your post! I couldn't have sait it better. 2udxs2g.jpg That's why many of her fans are entitled to be disappointed and be "negative/reductive". 2rzsa6f.jpg

Exactly! And that's the whole point out of it!

It has no coherence... it's going to be confusing, to say the least. Because the skincare line (and the intention) is not going to match the image she's giving.

She doesn't owe us anything. She's a successful businesswoman but she's still a HUMAN. I swear some of you need to give her a rest, she's been delivering ever since 1982 and ya'll can't complain. You insult her for getting surgery because "that's not what a rebel would do" but if she gains three pounds because she's in a break enjoying life with her kids you lose your shit and call her fat and lazy. Even if everything she makes from now I don't enjoy, I will be forever grateful for all the amazing memories and experiences that I've had thanks to her.  We're lucky that these many years into her career not only she's seen as a contemporary artist but she's still trying, she's making new music and hasn't retired or worst. As I said, she owes us NOTHING, so stop being dumb and enjoy her while we can.

She owes us nothing. And I'm a paying fan of her product - that is music & tour - for more than 30 years. Seriously how the fuck do her face and body changes affect the music or the tour? Being a paying fan does not entitle us to tell her how to run her business or live her personal life. Just like being a frequent flier of Alaska Airlines does not entitle one to have a say in how the airline should run its business or how it should schedule its flights. And if we do not like the product she's putting out, we have a choice. We can CHOOSE not to buy it. It'd be dumb of us to buy something we don't like and bitch about it. Imagine eating at a restaurant and ordering the things we hate and then bitch abut it! And it says a lot about us if we didn't buy the product and yet we find every chance to bitch about it. If  we're gonna be a Debbie Downer, others are entitled to not let our negativity skew their positive reality.

3 hours ago, devilpray said:

...enjoy her while we can.

The most powerful words you could really utter. Really, she's pushing into some uncharted territory. There's Cher... but Believe was it. She hasn't been nearly as prolific as M. Madonna is still pushing it. She's not the Pop Bus driver anymore, but she's more than a backseat commenter. I'm young, but I don't want to side swipe her. She's an inspiration in more ways than one. From fitness to creativity, I've changed a lot of over the years thanks to her. And she won't be doing what she's doing forever...

1 hour ago, gafuller said:

The most powerful words you could really utter. Really, she's pushing into some uncharted territory. There's Cher... but Believe was it. She hasn't been nearly as prolific as M. Madonna is still pushing it. She's not the Pop Bus driver anymore, but she's more than a backseat commenter. I'm young, but I don't want to side swipe her. She's an inspiration in more ways than one. From fitness to creativity, I've changed a lot of over the years thanks to her. And she won't be doing what she's doing forever...

Well said. So if she wants to have plastic surgery while selling beauty creams (she does have good skin) I don't see what the problem is. Oh yeah some jaded fans from the ray of light era or the 80's feel left  out, so fucking what?! Again, she doesn't owe us nothing. 

I like to add that it's not that I take issue with people being constructive about Madonna or not liking everything she does. It's those who simply pop up only when they are wanting to fault her on something. That's not being constructive. That's not having an opinion. It's just obsessing over her face or whatever thing you don't like about her. When I come into a Madonna community, my thought isn't about faulting her.  Certainly, I am willing to share a few words of what I don't like, but it's not my main objective here.  Though, some think that they should be able to come in at anytime and only be negative and then play that card, "Oh, I guess I'm not allow my opinion" when people object to their constant negativity.  It's one thing to share your opinion, but if you're coming in here the majority of the time to rag on her, maybe it's time to MOVE on.  Just MY Opinion!! 

1 hour ago, Liam said:

I like to add that it's not that I take issue with people being constructive about Madonna or not liking everything she does. It's those who simply pop up only when they are wanting to fault her on something. That's not being constructive. That's not having an opinion. It's just obsessing over her face or whatever thing you don't like about her. When I come into a Madonna community, my thought isn't about faulting her.  Certainly, I am willing to share a few words of what I don't like, but it's not my main objective here.  Though, some think that they should be able to come in at anytime and only be negative and then play that card, "Oh, I guess I'm not allow my opinion" when people object to their constant negativity.  It's one thing to share your opinion, but if you're coming in here the majority of the time to rag on her, maybe it's time to MOVE on.  Just MY Opinion!! 

Here we go again with Mister Contrarian.

You all know nothing about me or my relationship to Madonna.

I was one of the first to buy MDNA Skin four years ago, I still use to this day. Do I have a problem with that? No. Just saying I am confused about her claiming the skin care line is the secret of her looks when clearly it is other things. She also needs Aaron to follow her around with a light when he takes Instagram shots of her. All illusions. That's ok. Just be honest about it that's all. And The Fat Jewish? Really? I suspect her choices are given by Oseary and his business connections / favors.

I have not once called her fat or ugly or old. I have never had a problem with anything she has ever done until 1)the grills 2)Hard Candy 3)endless dumb collaborations 4)surgery. That's it. In 35 years of her career, it's only the last 10 that have disappointed me and I made observations. The end.

I travel the world to see her, putting myself in debt (like many of us I assume) and if she is selling a Rebel Heart Tour she better be a rebel, censoring herself in Singapore was the biggest disappointment in her career for me. The same artist that burned crosses and told us to Express ourselves is now censoring a show about being rebellious in the section about being rebellious!...contradiciton much?

I don't expect a high level of thinking from most fans so I understand the prissy reactions. I should learn to shut my mouth, follow the herd and pretend everything she does is perfect. 

20 hours ago, anaglyphx said:

I was one of the first to buy MDNA Skin four years ago, I still use to this day. Do I have a problem with that? No. Just saying I am confused about her claiming the skin care line is the secret of her looks when clearly it is other things. She also needs Aaron to follow her around with a light when he takes Instagram shots of her. All illusions. That's ok. Just be honest about it that's all. And The Fat Jewish? Really? I suspect her choices are given by Oseary and his business connections / favors.

I have not once called her fat or ugly or old. I have never had a problem with anything she has ever done until 1)the grills 2)Hard Candy 3)endless dumb collaborations 4)surgery. That's it. In 35 years of her career, it's only the last 10 that have disappointed me and I made observations. The end.

I travel the world to see her, putting myself in debt (like many of us I assume) and if she is selling a Rebel Heart Tour she better be a rebel, censoring herself in Singapore was the biggest disappointment in her career for me. The same artist that burned crosses and told us to Express ourselves is now censoring a show about being rebellious in the section about being rebellious!...contradiciton much?

I don't expect a high level of thinking from most fans so I understand the prissy reactions. I should learn to shut my mouth, follow the herd and pretend everything she does is perfect. 

Contrary my ass!  The fact is; no one asked you to explain yourself.  No one told you to "shut your mouth".   No one said you had to "follow the herd and pretend everything she does is perfect".  In fact, you're still here, defending why you should be able to criticize Madonna.  Well, Fair is fair!  If you're going to keep coming in, sharing your constant disappointment in Madonna, claiming you have every right to do so, then give people the same respect when they disagree with your opinion of Madonna.  After all, this is a Madonna forum.  How dare we speak highly of her and appreciate her and be bothered by some who come in here and trash talk her all the time.  

My earlier post wasn't just about you.  But of course, as always you made it all about you. It was about those who come in at any chance and rag on her, especially her appearance and anything else they are disappointed with.  Though, I'm not the only one who shared the similar sediment.  But oddly, you chose my post, quoted it, and tried to zing me personally with the "contrary" comment.

We are fans first.  No one said you had to like everything she does, but you're using that as an excuse to come in here and criticize anything you don't like about her and insult fans who aren't here to dissect her face as you do constantly. That isn't me being "contrary".  That is me just spilling the facts. 

Just now, Bel said:

I believe the album it's almost ready. :whip:

I believe she has a few songs ready.  I have a feeling she is releasing a few songs ahead of the album.  And I do hope that she plans on releasing the album this fall, to take advantage of the Holiday sales.   Also, she can do a lot of Holiday promotion with it.  I'm sure I'm wishful thinking!!  :thinker::)

1 hour ago, Liam said:

I believe she has a few songs ready.  I have a feeling she is releasing a few songs ahead of the album.  And I do hope that she plans on releasing the album this fall, to take advantage of the Holiday sales.   Also, she can do a lot of Holiday promotion with it.  I'm sure I'm wishful thinking!!  :thinker::)

I'm dying for a summer release. I need a summertime anthem ... 

:02:

9 hours ago, anaglyphx said:

Or just realize that she is a different person now with other priorities.  10 years of disappointments seem like an awful lot to me so I think would be best for you to pack your Madonna suitcase and call it a day.  I don't see her changing her ways anytime soon, to be honest. Sorry :Madonna030:

16 hours ago, Liam said:

My earlier post wasn't just about you.  But of course, as always you made it all about you. It was about those who come in at any chance and rag on her, especially her appearance and anything else they are disappointed with

For allusions, there are many things and threads and positive things I do love about Madonna... :cute:

It's not true at all that all my comments, for example, are "negative". If you visit the "Madonna @ MET Gala 2018" thread, you'll see I didn't write a single negative comment about the repertoire (because I really like it and I find her voice in great condition). 2dwf4eq.jpg I were beyond excitement and I showed it in my post, despite the dress/swollen face. I know some of you will call me "negative/reductive" but I don't care, we're here to express our opinions about her.

Let me tell you that people who spends loads of money on Madonna stuff year after year, since years, cannot be what some of you called or suggested "untrue fans/reductive/not real fans", they could be called whatever you want except that. These fans are people who support Madonna buying whatever things related to her. So... ok. You can call me negative, say that I complain about Madonna's career at some point or whatever, but not accuse me of not being a true fan just because I don't say what you would like to read (not you, but in general, Liam).

And I think anaglyphx says it with no disrespect, it's his opinion. BTW, that's what a forum is about, excitement when it comes and also disappointment when it has to be shown too. Things are not white or black all the time, there are grays too. Welcome! :)

I suggest that you just stop being oversensitive about every single critic we say here about her (and especially the plastic surgery), and accept that other fans can opine about what was obvious, as long as we're doing it respectfully, as we are.

2 hours ago, FrozenPenguin said:

Anyways.... Back to the MADONNA of 2018, I'm constantly checking her IG for more clues about the new Era.  :Madonna001:

Yeah! I can't wait for the new album, I'm sure she will surprise us positively and with her voice in top shape. I'm sure the album will include some power ballads! serlg4.jpg

Ok, let the FRESH and new era begin!! 2eckw74.jpg

:Madonna005:

10 hours ago, Jascka said:

For allusions, there are many things and threads and positive things I do love about Madonna... :cute:

It's not true at all that all my comments, for example, are "negative". If you visit the "Madonna @ MET Gala 2018" thread, you'll see I didn't write a single negative comment about the repertoire (because I really like it and I find her voice in great condition). 2dwf4eq.jpg I were beyond excitement and I showed it in my post, despite the dress/swollen face. I know some of you will call me "negative/reductive" but I don't care, we're here to express our opinions about her.

Let me tell you that people who spends loads of money on Madonna stuff year after year, since years, cannot be what some of you called or suggested "untrue fans/reductive/not real fans", they could be called whatever you want except that. These fans are people who support Madonna buying whatever things related to her. So... ok. You can call me negative, say that I complain about Madonna's career at some point or whatever, but not accuse me of not being a true fan just because I don't say what you would like to read (not you, but in general, Liam).

And I think anaglyphx says it with no disrespect, it's his opinion. BTW, that's what a forum is about, excitement when it comes and also disappointment when it has to be shown too. Things are not white or black all the time, there are grays too. Welcome! :)

I suggest that you just stop being oversensitive about every single critic we say here about her (and especially the plastic surgery), and accept that other fans can opine about what was obvious, as long as we're doing it respectfully, as we are.

I'm sorry, calling people "contrary", "prissys" and "oversensitive" is not being "respectful".  Also, I was quite clear my issue isn't so much that one has a negative opinion about her looks. It's the fact some only come around when they are wanting to criticize her looks.  And when someone dares to challenge that, they insult them and then they try to justify it by saying, "Not everyone has to like what she does".  Again, no one has said fans have to like everything.  Furthermore, no one here has said to you personally, you're not a "true fan".  Maybe it was said to you by someone else, elsewhere, but you might want to ask yourself why people are saying this to you?  Finally, If my comments don't apply to you, then why work so hard in defending yourself here? If you feel like you are able to be constructive, then why bother to chime in to defend yourself and someone else who has clearly taken a swipe at fans who don't agree with him and his constant negative approach about Madonna's looks? 

Maybe you and you're buddy who likes to "like" everything you post, should take a page from your own advice and "accept" that other fans have a different opinion than you, and do not appreciate how some come in here only to criticize her.  Maybe understand, some just don't appreciate others who just come in (rarely post) unless they have something negative to say.  I mean; c'mon... are you really going to defend someone who admits being disappointed with her for 10 years now and still hanging out at Madonna forums. Sorry, I just don't accept that.  For most people, after some time of constant disappointments, wouldn't you think they would move on?  But 10 years?  That is "obvious" to me that this person is simply here to chime in to purposely drag the forum down and criticize Madonna.

• madgefan pinned this topic
  • Fighter locked and unlocked this topic
  • Fighter unpinned, locked, unlocked and pinned this topic