NowRadiate

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

groovyguy

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7415477/sky-ferreira-response-la-weekly-sexist-article-madonna   Sky Ferreira Responds to Sexist 'L.A. Weekly' Column, Shares Photo With Madonna   Last Friday (June 17), L.A. Weekly ran an online column about critically acclaimed alt-pop artist Sky Ferreira, which was roundly criticized throughout the media world for being sexist. The piece -- which spent an unnerving amount of words describing her breasts and comparing them to Madonna’s -- garner

groovyguy

Flashback:  Here’s what five producers have to say about the overlooked musician Madonna Ciccone:   NILE RODGERS “People don’t give Madonna the real respect and credit that she’s due. She is the single hardest working person I’ve ever worked with, and I’ve worked with literally hundreds of stars. Madonna shows up early, stays late, she’ll do every single task you want her to do and more. She’s the kind of person that you dream about.†(source MTV UK)   STUART PRICE “Sheâ

groovyguy

Madonna and Kevin Costner Make Up https://www.entertainmentwise.com/madonna-and-kevin-costner-make-up/   Kevin Costner has revealed how Madonna apologized for mocking him on film in her 1991 documentary, ?Truth Or Dare?.   The actor admits he was ?embarrassed? and ?hurt? by the scene showing him telling Madge backstage during the Blond Ambition tour that her show was ?neat? only for the singer to shove her finger down her throat and say, “Anybody who says my show is ‘neat’ has to goâ€

Cher has changed her tune about Madonna in this last decade. I assumed that they both clashed when they both came together. And Madonna has been known especially early in her career to be quite blunt and full of herself. I do believe both of them just clashed and Cher was rubbed the wrong way early on. In this interview, I think she was just being honest without trying to throw shade.

As for Elton, he's had a love/hate relationship with her. I think more recently that he's just jealous of her success and has become quite competitive with her. He's greatly talented himself or at least was and just needs to stop being so uptight as he's getting older.

I'd respect Elton's shade if it had any basis in reality but he just comes across as a bitter moron.

Cher is amazing, and she probably felt a little jelous of M but also I mean Madonna is so unique it's easy for people to misunderstand what she does. Clearly she admires her a lot.

The fashion police kylie video makes me umcomfortable, yes I can laugh at the jokes but the ageism by these two plastic women who are no spring chickens themselves seems to go against everything a woman should stand for. On Joan's part she seems to have a lot of self hatred for being an old woman and that makes me sad.

I'd respect Elton's shade if it had any basis in reality but he just comes across as a bitter moron.

Cher is amazing, and she probably felt a little jelous of M but also I mean Madonna is so unique it's easy for people to misunderstand what she does. Clearly she admires her a lot.

The fashion police kylie video makes me umcomfortable, yes I can laugh at the jokes but the ageism by these two plastic women who are no spring chickens themselves seems to go against everything a woman should stand for. On Joan's part she seems to have a lot of self hatred for being an old woman and that makes me sad.

The things these people say tells us more about themselves actually than they describe madonna, i agree.

also, the jealousy is everywhere, so true.

Elton is just an asshole in my book. not disputing his talent. personally, i cannot listen to or look at him, never could.

fashion police just caters to the lowest and most superficial chitchat mentality. giuliana is very obnoxious to me. joan is just a mean comedian. i wouldn't take anything she says seriously. she uses what a lot of people seem to think and expresses it for an effect.

i don't think these are her personal thoughts.

the show obviously never aims at expressing valuable thoughts.

it's fashion gossip, very superficial and irrelevant.

Lol at Kylie dissing Madonna's outfit, what about her sexercise video, now that is glorious :lol:

Cher was probably jealous of Madonna's success, maybe she was thinking "this could be me", I love her because she's honest; I don't think there's anything between her and Madonna. Madonna was actually happy for her success with believe, and even wanted to direct the video for "dove l'amore", there's an interview where Cher talks about that but I can't find it now.

Here is the queen of throwing shade, Mariah Carey herself, saying good things about M, she doesn't name her in the beginning but it's obvious

The things these people say tells us more about themselves actually than they describe madonna, i agree.

also, the jealousy is everywhere, so true.

Elton is just an asshole in my book. not disputing his talent. personally, i cannot listen to or look at him, never could.

fashion police just caters to the lowest and most superficial chitchat mentality. giuliana is very obnoxious to me. joan is just a mean comedian. i wouldn't take anything she say seriously. she uses what a lotos people seem tot hink and expresses it for an effect.

i don't think these are her personal thoughts.

the show obviously never aims at expressing valuable thoughts.

it's fashion gossip, very superficial and irrelevant.

yes I dont understand why Kylie needs to go on a show like that, oh well.

Even though I love Joan she doesn't use her comedy as an art form to send out a valuable message like many other comedians do, even the most offensive ones like Sarah Silverman who I love more

Lol at Kylie dissing Madonna's outfit, what about her sexercise video, now that is glorious :lol:

Cher was probably jealous of Madonna's success, maybe she was thinking "this could be me", I love her because she's honest; I don't think there's anything between her and Madonna. Madonna was actually happy for her success with believe, and even wanted to direct the video for "dove l'amore", there's an interview where Cher talks about that but I can't find it now.

Here is the queen of throwing shade, Mariah Carey herself, saying good things about M, she doesn't name her in the beginning but it's obvious

yes since I heard that I like her a lot more. 

she also said in the grammys 2006 when Madonna performed that she was happy for her success

Isn't it strange how much Kylie has been asked about Madonna in the last years? I mean, you go to Madonnarama every 2 months and woops! there's a Kylie related article.

when kylie became famous in europe, almost all of her initial interviews stated what a big madonna fan she is (was?).

she copied her a lot. she was the first female pop singer of the time to openly admit to being a huge fan, i guess.

tis was in the 90s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF1RL56q_6o

So are we insinuating Kylie is shading Madonna based on her opinion on how Madonna is dressed in a costome in her show? Look, I think she simply played the game. I do think that Joan is very mean spirited in the name of comedy. I just hope that what she says she doesn't really believe because she comes off so judgmental. I mean for her to sit there bashing her about how she looks in a cheerleading costume when she is sporting these shades of color in her hair that so many young people do, seems a bit hypocritcal.

Back on Kylie, I think she was very careful in what she said on that show without coming off as if she was bashing her. We all know she's always respected Madonna and she's wanted to work with her for a long time. And I expect some fans will disagee with me, but I think Kylie is an Australian version of Madonna (especially in her own home country). Both look fantastic and both have put out some great infectious and catchy tunes as well as explored other genres of music without straying too far from the artist they are best known for.

when kylie became famous in europe, almost all of her initial interviews stated what a big madonna fan she is (was?).

she copied her a lot. she was the first female pop singer of the time to openly admit to being a huge fan, i guess.

tis was in the 90s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF1RL56q_6o

She was labeled a Madonna wannabe so I think the best is to say that she is inspired by her. I think she guenuinely loves M tbh.

Isn't it strange how much Kylie has been asked about Madonna in the last years? I mean, you go to Madonnarama every 2 months and woops! there's a Kylie related article.

Maybe for some promo ^^

I've read she quit her label or something because she wasn't happy with her last album's performance. Was she on the voice or something? Isn't it strange how all those who were judges on that kind of programs are flopping so hard (Mariah, Kylie, Britney, Jlo....)

Debbie Mazar again :)

Yes It's the same dress :)Posted Image

I've read she quit her label or something because she wasn't happy with her last album's performance. Was she on the voice or something? Isn't it strange how all those who were judges on that kind of programs are flopping so hard (Mariah, Kylie, Britney, Jlo....)

Nope, she's still with "Parlophone" which is currently under the parent company Warners and previously Universal and EMI in the past.  Also, she was not a judge on any of those shows. I believe you might be mixing her up with her sister who is less known than she is.

Sure Kylie isn't selling albums like she first did when joining "Parlophone" in early 2000, but like all artists today, no one is selling like they use to. She's still a huge European act just as much as Madonna is. She's had a few highs in North America especially at the beginning of her career and then more recently with her album "Fever" album.

Nope, she's still with "Parlophone" which is currently under the parent company Warners and previously Universal and EMI in the past.  Also, she was not a judge on any of those shows. I believe you might be mixing her up with her sister who is less known than she is.

Sure Kylie isn't selling albums like she first did when joining "Parlophone" in early 2000, but like all artists today, no one is selling like they use to. She's still a huge European act just as much as Madonna is. She's had a few highs in North America especially at the beginning of her career and then more recently with her album "Fever" album.

kylie was a coach on the voice uk 2014. not too long ago.

i like her. her les follies tour was one of the best shows ever!

pink on madonna: fast forward to 1:00