Celebrities talk about Madonna

NowRadiate

The La Roux singer Elly Jackson praises Madonna for her sexuality artistic and how she changed the way sexuality was viewed. 

She [Madonna] made it artistic and she knew exactly what she was doing. Now I feel it’s often just an excuse to get attention.

Elly Jackson

yep, they don't get her *cough*paris*cough*  :tongue:

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

groovyguy

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7415477/sky-ferreira-response-la-weekly-sexist-article-madonna   Sky Ferreira Responds to Sexist 'L.A. Weekly' Column, Shares Photo With Madonna   Last Friday (June 17), L.A. Weekly ran an online column about critically acclaimed alt-pop artist Sky Ferreira, which was roundly criticized throughout the media world for being sexist. The piece -- which spent an unnerving amount of words describing her breasts and comparing them to Madonna’s -- garner

groovyguy

Flashback:  Here’s what five producers have to say about the overlooked musician Madonna Ciccone:   NILE RODGERS “People don’t give Madonna the real respect and credit that she’s due. She is the single hardest working person I’ve ever worked with, and I’ve worked with literally hundreds of stars. Madonna shows up early, stays late, she’ll do every single task you want her to do and more. She’s the kind of person that you dream about.†(source MTV UK)   STUART PRICE “Sheâ

groovyguy

Madonna and Kevin Costner Make Up https://www.entertainmentwise.com/madonna-and-kevin-costner-make-up/   Kevin Costner has revealed how Madonna apologized for mocking him on film in her 1991 documentary, ?Truth Or Dare?.   The actor admits he was ?embarrassed? and ?hurt? by the scene showing him telling Madge backstage during the Blond Ambition tour that her show was ?neat? only for the singer to shove her finger down her throat and say, “Anybody who says my show is ‘neat’ has to goâ€

^ Yes, the RS!

Katy Perry thinks that everybody wants to be on Madonna‘s d*ck and suck her blood.

You have to really prove that you’re an authentic person, and you can be trusted, to be in a circle of friends with her [Madonna]. Which I totally understand. You have to really guard your heart when you’re on this kind of level. You can’t just have weirdos around you, strange people that want to suck your blood. Because everybody wants to be on your d*ck, you know? So you have to be very very ‘What are your motives? Why are you here? What do you want from me?’

Katy Perry

Posted Image

Here's @Jason_Mraz celebrating @Madonna's maxi-single release of "Human Nature" in 1995

https://www.facebook.com/JasonMraz/photos/a.10151872960745698.1073741826.6135205697/10152310879955698/?type=1&fref=nf

Posted Image

Thursday Throwback: 1995. My friend Stevie and I in Greenwich Village, NYC - foolishly smoking clove cigarettes, celebrating the release of a new Madonna maxi-single.

who is he 

Popular American singer-songwriter with the huge international hit  â€œI’m Yoursâ€. He has won two Grammy Awards.   He has earned platinum and multi-platinum certifications in over 20 countries. As of July 2014, Mraz has sold over seven million albums, and over 11.5 millions digital singles. His musical style, from rhythmic feeling to use of nylon string guitar, has been heavily influenced by Brazilian music. 

No offense to you, Jodie Foster, but I will boast of having dinner with Madonna – Pat O’Brien

‘The Insider’ host Pat O’Brien recounts of one Oscar night, when he found himself on a table withMadonna seated to his right and Jodie Foster to his left. That night sharing a table with him at Swifty Lazar’s annual A-list party at Spago were also Michael Jackson, Michael Douglas and Al Pacino.

This is one of the of celebrity stories Pat O’Brien recounts in his coming memoir, “‘I’ll Be Back Right After This,†which hits stores August 19.

“No offense to you,†Pat O’Brien told Jodie Foster, “but I’m telling my friends I had dinner with Madonna.â€

Posted Image

http://www.ryanseacrest.com/2014/08/04/nicki-minaj-talks-new-single-anaconda-explains-racy-artwork/

In a recent phone interview with Ryan Seacrest for the promotion of her latest single Anaconda, Nicki Minaj on Madonna:

"...I feel like one of the people I look up to the most was Madonna, and she’s never stopped pushing the envelope. She’s never stopped taking risks, and I don’t ever want to stop doing that either.â€

http://www.mtv.co.uk/rita-ora/news/rita-ora-will-show-her-kids-her-sexy-selfies

Rita Ora on Madonna:

..."You're an entertainer, you're meant to be an illusion, giving light out there, something to believe in. Like all my idols. MadonnaMichael Jackson, Tina Turner, Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, they were myths of greatness." 

Speaking of her first encounter with Madge, Ora confessed: "I was hyperventilating, I was so scared...

"I always thought she was like an enigma and this was the moment I found out she was human. And she's just so cool...she's a legend."

Posted Image

Posted Image

August 6, 2014 News

In an interview with The Guardian, Rufus Wainwright had some things to say about Madonna, in particular her duet with Miley Cyrus…

Well, what can I say? She’s a pretty good singer. One of the most horrifying things I’ve seen in my life was her and Madonna singing together at the end of her Unplugged show. It was really, I don’t know, the overtones were way undertoned (laughs). I just need a little bit more in my life than that.

It’s not the first time Rufus Wainwright had some nasty things to say about Madonna…

The Guardian (UK) – November 2006
There’s a dark force at work here – she subverts everything for her own gain. I went to see her London show and it was all so dour and humourless. She surpasses even Joan Crawford in terms of megalomania. Which in itself makes her a kind of dark gay icon.
I love Kylie Minogue, she’s the anti-Madonna.

Têtu (FR) – February 2007
I think that Madonna is a great fraud. She is a fake idol. You remember the episode of the Golden Calf, in the Bible? Well, that Golden Calf is Madonna

Attitude (UK) – July 2007
After [Madonna] we are almost at that point where you have to be a great accountant as well as a dancer. I consider her to be the end of the idea of Western Culture as a viable response to humanity. There are a few great tracks in there and she was the most incredible model ever, for photographs. And I’m talking about the picture camera rather than the film camera here. She repels that instrument. But culture-wise and the mindset that she spawned is completely toxic. It’s horrible. I can’t even come up with words to describe that mindset, it’s so repulsive to me.

Read more: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2014/08/06/rufus-wainwright-madonna-singing-together-with-miley-cyrus-was-horrifying/#ixzz3A0T00nGF

By the way, can anybody tell who this guy is? :confused:

Madonna is one of Ariana Grande's major influence 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6221478/ariana-grande-billboard-cover-story-sneak-peek?utm_source=twitter

On Madonna
Okay, so a rising pop star idolizing Madonna isn't shocking, but the worshipful tone she adopts when speaking of Her Madgesty is arresting. "She is strength, she is freedom, she is wisdom beyond anybody's comprehension," says Grande.

Posted Image

http://www.mtv.co.uk/rita-ora/news/rita-ora-will-show-her-kids-her-sexy-selfies

Rita Ora on Madonna:

..."You're an entertainer, you're meant to be an illusion, giving light out there, something to believe in. Like all my idols. MadonnaMichael Jackson, Tina Turner, Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, they were myths of greatness." 

Speaking of her first encounter with Madge, Ora confessed: "I was hyperventilating, I was so scared...

"I always thought she was like an enigma and this was the moment I found out she was human. And she's just so cool...she's a legend."

Posted Image

LOVES this!!  :heart:

Madonna is one of Ariana Grande's major influence 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6221478/ariana-grande-billboard-cover-story-sneak-peek?utm_source=twitter

On Madonna

Okay, so a rising pop star idolizing Madonna isn't shocking, but the worshipful tone she adopts when speaking of Her Madgesty is arresting. "She is strength, she is freedom, she is wisdom beyond anybody's comprehension," says Grande.

Posted Image

:heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart: