Celebrities talk about Madonna

NowRadiate

That's exactly my point. Overexposure is very bad, especially for someone who doesn't necesseraily need that (especially the Mariah Carey case). People will no longer care if they see your face every time they switch on the TV (I'm talking about the general public), they can be like, "no, not this bitch again". Madonna is quite "rare" on TV, if you look at the number of interviews she did during the 30 years of her career, it's not very much imo.

Yet, she was criticized for being quite over exposed in the 80's and early 90's. And yes, people did think, "No, not this bitch again".  In fact, back in the late 80's when MTV devoted weekends to her, playing nothing but her 24 hours long, some felt it was too much. Even the other artists. 

The difference is that she had MTV at a time when MTV was the channel to watch. By the new millenium that all changed. They way people were getting music changed. MTV stopped playing music videos for the most part and focused on Reality TV. The was becoming more apparent even in the latter years of the 90's. So yes, she had to rethink how she promoted her album. It was when she released RAY OF LIGHT and it was the most promotion on TV (other than on MTV), she ever did at the time.  When she released Music, she started doing promo tours before heading out on the road for the big tour. Again, all of that is relatively new to Madonna's way of promoting her album. Did it work? Not for American Life and that probably was her most active promotion for any of her album where she was going on so many TV programs performing and promoting her music.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

groovyguy

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7415477/sky-ferreira-response-la-weekly-sexist-article-madonna   Sky Ferreira Responds to Sexist 'L.A. Weekly' Column, Shares Photo With Madonna   Last Friday (June 17), L.A. Weekly ran an online column about critically acclaimed alt-pop artist Sky Ferreira, which was roundly criticized throughout the media world for being sexist. The piece -- which spent an unnerving amount of words describing her breasts and comparing them to Madonna’s -- garner

groovyguy

Flashback:  Here’s what five producers have to say about the overlooked musician Madonna Ciccone:   NILE RODGERS “People don’t give Madonna the real respect and credit that she’s due. She is the single hardest working person I’ve ever worked with, and I’ve worked with literally hundreds of stars. Madonna shows up early, stays late, she’ll do every single task you want her to do and more. She’s the kind of person that you dream about.†(source MTV UK)   STUART PRICE “Sheâ

groovyguy

Madonna and Kevin Costner Make Up https://www.entertainmentwise.com/madonna-and-kevin-costner-make-up/   Kevin Costner has revealed how Madonna apologized for mocking him on film in her 1991 documentary, ?Truth Or Dare?.   The actor admits he was ?embarrassed? and ?hurt? by the scene showing him telling Madge backstage during the Blond Ambition tour that her show was ?neat? only for the singer to shove her finger down her throat and say, “Anybody who says my show is ‘neat’ has to goâ€

http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/20650/1/disclosure-gain-momentum

So there's no truth to the rumour that working with a certain popstar called Madonna?

Guy Lawrence: Ah! It's weird how people assume when you meet famous people you're instantly collaborating with them. All we did was take a photo with her! Basically she came to our show, and we met her, and that's why we took that photo. It was the first time we'd met her. But no, we haven't made any music together as of yet.

“As of yetâ€...?

Guy Lawrence: No, we just hung out with her a little.

What was Madonna like?

Guy Lawrence: Oh she's wicked. Really nice, really chilled. She came to Governors Ball, and the night before she came to see us DJ somewhere. She didn't tell anyone she was going, she just turned up. And she didn't make a scene, it was cool. It was amazing that she wanted to meet up at all.

Did she say she liked Settle? Does she have a favourite song?

Guy Lawrence: Yeah she was really nice about it, basically she said was a big fan. She said she liked the album and she loved the show. It was just one of those things.

Sky Ferreira shares her love for Madonna on Twitter. “I can go on & on about my favorite Madonnamoments,†she tweeted.

Asked what is her favourite Madonna‘s album, Sky Ferreira revealed that it is True Blue, adding that “I love some of the Stephen Bray demos too.â€

Sky Ferreira confessed that she also love Bedtime Stories album. And even thought it’s underrated, Erotica it’s Top 3.

Sky agreed that Bedtime Story video is great, “and Human Nature too,†she added.

Sky Ferreira also posted on Istagram the famous Madonna‘s Strike your Vote picture probably to celebrate the 4th of July

Posted Image

Actually it is not a surprise, since Sky Ferreira never hid her love for Madonna and she even paid an homahe to the Queen of Pop in a photoshoot for V magazine by Mario Testino.

I remember rumors of Moby and Madonna wanting to work together, but it never panned out. Would have been interesting to see what he would produce for her. 

http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/07/07/charli-xcx-interview-on-singing-with-iggy-azalea-and-what-made-madonna-special/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_php=true&_type=blogs&_php=true&_type=blogs&src=twr&_r=2&

British singer-songwriter Charli XCX on what made Madonna special

I’ve heard a few people say you’re kind of like early Madonna. What goes through your mind when you hear that comparison?

They say that? That’s cool. I don’t think that I’m a pop star. On paper, I’m bad at being a pop star with the conventional idea people have. Madonna was someone who didn’t get put in a box. She changed and evolved. The second someone tries to put me in a box, I will do everything to rebel against that. One thing I don’t understand is how people want you to replicate your past successes. Being an artist should be about freedom and not just becoming one thing, because I think that’s terrible and boring.

Claps to Dita Von Teese for being a Madonna fan and speaking such truth!!

Dita Von Teese says…

Madonna is one of the only popstars ever in history… if you watch her career, she’s smart, she knows her research. Every persona she has taken on she’s translated to the very heights of where it could go. I don’t see anybody in modern pop music that can really do that. When I look at Madonna, I see that she gets every detail correct, and she has a good team too, but it takes someone’s leading at the top to really arrive to that.

That’s why when I see pop shows I’m like ‘oh wow this isn’t very interesting’, you know, Madonna was wearing Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture on stage in the 90s.

I don’t listen to anything on the radio. I don’t think there’s any good music being played on the radio. There’s such an industry now and so policitcal of what gets played..
I don’t hear anything [on the radio today] that’s relative to Prince, David Bowie, and Madonna. Stuff that really stands the test of time. I don’t…

http://popdust.com/2014/07/22/paris-hilton-come-alive-hollywood-today-live-interview-video/

...In an interview with Hollywood Today Live, the singer reveals that Madonna was actually her inspiration for the treatment.

“Madonna has been an inspiration, ever since I was a little girl. ‘Justify My Love’ is very sexy, and a very sexy song, and I wanted to be sexual and who better than Madonna to inspire me,†Hilton shares with the day-time talk show host AJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLfrvIrmNzk