• 1 month later...
  • Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

groovyguy

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7415477/sky-ferreira-response-la-weekly-sexist-article-madonna   Sky Ferreira Responds to Sexist 'L.A. Weekly' Column, Shares Photo With Madonna   Last Friday (June 17), L.A. Weekly ran an online column about critically acclaimed alt-pop artist Sky Ferreira, which was roundly criticized throughout the media world for being sexist. The piece -- which spent an unnerving amount of words describing her breasts and comparing them to Madonna’s -- garner

groovyguy

Flashback:  Here’s what five producers have to say about the overlooked musician Madonna Ciccone:   NILE RODGERS “People don’t give Madonna the real respect and credit that she’s due. She is the single hardest working person I’ve ever worked with, and I’ve worked with literally hundreds of stars. Madonna shows up early, stays late, she’ll do every single task you want her to do and more. She’s the kind of person that you dream about.†(source MTV UK)   STUART PRICE “Sheâ

groovyguy

Madonna and Kevin Costner Make Up https://www.entertainmentwise.com/madonna-and-kevin-costner-make-up/   Kevin Costner has revealed how Madonna apologized for mocking him on film in her 1991 documentary, ?Truth Or Dare?.   The actor admits he was ?embarrassed? and ?hurt? by the scene showing him telling Madge backstage during the Blond Ambition tour that her show was ?neat? only for the singer to shove her finger down her throat and say, “Anybody who says my show is ‘neat’ has to goâ€

Zac Posen on Rihanna, Madonna and ‘Project Runway’

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/zac-posen-rihanna-madonna-project-runway-726660/

What it means to outfit Madonna
“Madonna I remember. I grew up listening to ‘Vogue’ and dancing in the bathroom. … When I did my first collection I got a request from her stylist… over the years, lots of different corsets and items. She’s kind of one of a kind. There’s also been moments when I’ve sent her something and you don’t know if she is going to wear it or needs a proper fitting. A few years ago, I went to a party and she literally, or whoever was with her team, had stapled the back of it for the fitting. I thought that was pretty cool. And scary, because it’s a beautifully made jacket, but I thought, ‘All good from the front.’”

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2018 at 7:16 AM, groovyguy said:

They’re so hot right now. I would like this collab. Although, of course, it would be the epitome of mainstream electronica that you hear everywhere now, I guess. Did Madonna ever feature on somebody else’s travk officially? I would like to see her do it with Clean Bandit. Not sure she would even need to show up in the video.

Christine and the Queens inspired by Madonna

Christine and the Queens is inspired by Madonna's "macho but feminine presence" from the 90s.

The 'Tilted' hitmaker was spanked on stage by the Queen of Pop as a fan at one of her gigs and even went on to duet with the 'Like A Virgin' in 2016.

Christine's forthcoming second studio album 'Chris' - which is released on Friday (09.21.18) - has "sexual" themes about "desire", which the French pop star has praised the 60-year-old megastar for pulling off as a woman.

She said: "I wanted an album more sexual and about desire.

"Madonna's presence in the 90s was quite macho but still feminine, she superimposed contradictory things - that was very inspiring.

"All the male pop stars I adore are all very sexual, even Michael Jackson and The Weeknd.

"They write about desire and that interested me but I wanted it from the point of view of a woman." (...)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Happy Birthday (April 12) to actress and Madonna fan Claire Danes! She has starred on the television shows Homeland and My So Called Life. She has repeatedly praised Madonna for inspiring her since the beginning of her career and still adores her today. ?
From an interview: 
I read you worshipped Madonna when you were a kid. 
-I did have this epiphany when I was watching her on TV. It occurred to me that one could perform as one's job. That could be a vocation and that was pretty exciting to me. I remember jumping up and down on the bed. I think most women of my generation worshipped Madonna.
Do you still worship her? 
-Yeah, I do. I haven't stopped. ?

• 2 months later...
On 6/10/2017 at 10:03 PM, groovyguy said:

Madonna and Kevin Costner Make Up

https://www.entertainmentwise.com/madonna-and-kevin-costner-make-up/

Kevin Costner has revealed how Madonna apologized for mocking him on film in her 1991 documentary, ?Truth Or Dare?.

The actor admits he was ?embarrassed? and ?hurt? by the scene showing him telling Madge backstage during the Blond Ambition tour that her show was ?neat? only for the singer to shove her finger down her throat and say, “Anybody who says my show is ‘neat’ has to go†when he left.

Kevin reveals to the LA Times: “Yeah, I was embarrassed by it and kind of hurt by it. I just went back there because I was asked to go back. And I found the best word that I could. I never called her on it or whatever.?

He goes on to say that, nearly fifteen years later, Madonna embarrassed him again with a very public apology:

“But she did a really beautiful thing. She was performing [in L.A.] about three or four years ago, so I decided to take my daughters to see her. I just thought this is somebody they should see. I didn’t call anybody for tickets, I just got tickets and we went down….

“And about the third song in, the lights were down, and she said, ‘I want to apologize to someone.’ And all of a sudden my face starts to get hot…. And she says, ‘I want to apologize to Kevin Costner.’ She just said it very simply?I never wrote her to say thank you, but I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart, and that meant more to me than you could ever know.â€

He has just brought this up in a recent interview to Access

• 7 months later...