Celebrities talk about Madonna

NowRadiate

Madonna - Rolling Stone new interview 
Avicii says what happened with Madonna

www.rollingstone.com/music/features/avicii-talks-quitting-touring-disappointing-madonna-w500622

You worked on Madonna's Rebel Heart album a couple of years ago. Have you stayed in touch with her?

Not really. I'd love to work with her again, but that was right when I was busiest, and I think she might have been disappointed in me for not being able to put in as much time as she wanted. A lot of things start suffering when you don't have the energy or time to do things properly. You think you can get away with it, but the quality suffers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

groovyguy

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7415477/sky-ferreira-response-la-weekly-sexist-article-madonna   Sky Ferreira Responds to Sexist 'L.A. Weekly' Column, Shares Photo With Madonna   Last Friday (June 17), L.A. Weekly ran an online column about critically acclaimed alt-pop artist Sky Ferreira, which was roundly criticized throughout the media world for being sexist. The piece -- which spent an unnerving amount of words describing her breasts and comparing them to Madonna’s -- garner

groovyguy

Flashback:  Here’s what five producers have to say about the overlooked musician Madonna Ciccone:   NILE RODGERS “People don’t give Madonna the real respect and credit that she’s due. She is the single hardest working person I’ve ever worked with, and I’ve worked with literally hundreds of stars. Madonna shows up early, stays late, she’ll do every single task you want her to do and more. She’s the kind of person that you dream about.†(source MTV UK)   STUART PRICE “Sheâ

groovyguy

Madonna and Kevin Costner Make Up https://www.entertainmentwise.com/madonna-and-kevin-costner-make-up/   Kevin Costner has revealed how Madonna apologized for mocking him on film in her 1991 documentary, ?Truth Or Dare?.   The actor admits he was ?embarrassed? and ?hurt? by the scene showing him telling Madge backstage during the Blond Ambition tour that her show was ?neat? only for the singer to shove her finger down her throat and say, “Anybody who says my show is ‘neat’ has to goâ€

• 2 months later...

Scandal star and Madonna fanatic Guillermo Díaz reveals his top 5 Madonna songs.

While he’s best know for his roles on Scandal and Dating Game Killer, Guillermo Díaz is also a huge Madonna fan. https://trib.al/OzTo9OT

he disappointed me with "falling free" but totally made up for it when he mentioned "secret garden". i want to make love to that song.

Madonna - Rolling Stone new interview 

Avicii says what happened with Madonna

www.rollingstone.com/music/features/avicii-talks-quitting-touring-disappointing-madonna-w500622

You worked on Madonna's Rebel Heart album a couple of years ago. Have you stayed in touch with her?

Not really. I'd love to work with her again, but that was right when I was busiest, and I think she might have been disappointed in me for not being able to put in as much time as she wanted. A lot of things start suffering when you don't have the energy or time to do things properly. You think you can get away with it, but the quality suffers.

wait.. how did i miss this??? he also got sick in the middle of it  :thinker:

oisghiodhgids rebel heart avicii is still the best thing shes done in ages

i thought they had a falling out. I wonder if she would work with him again after that comment about the demos lol.

Singer Niki Haris discusses her years with Madonna and her Aspen debut at the JAS Cafe

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/singer-niki-haris-discusses-her-years-with-madonna-and-her-aspen-debut-at-the-jas-cafe/

Niki Haris was at Madonna's side through the queen of pop's many transformations from the mid-1980s through the dawn of the millennium. She was onstage for the "Who's That Girl" tour, in the film "Truth or Dare" and in the iconic "Vogue" music video, singing and dancing with Madonna up through the "Ray of Light" era.

She left to focus on motherhood and on a solo career that brings Haris to the JAS Cafe this week for her two-night, four-show Aspen debut with the James Horowitz Trio.

The lessons she learned at the top of the pop music world with Madonna were many.

"I learned discipline about creating your own vision and sticking to it," Haris said in a recent phone interview. "And making sure that you're living your own narrative, not judging yourself through somebody else's eyes."

The woman she knows and performed with, Haris said, is not the shrewd, trend-chasing Madonna we've heard about.

"People talk about how calculating she is, but I saw so many times when she would not do that and go with her gut," Haris said.

Fourteen years since she stopped recording and performing with Madonna, Haris is still learning from her.

"I learned so much from her in the beginning," Haris said. "Good stuff that now I go, 'Oh, this is what she meant by that!'"

With Madonna, Haris played in stadiums and to some of the largest concert crowds on Earth. But she relishes the intimacy of playing small jazz clubs like the JAS Cafe, which afford a personal connection with an audience.

"I think more people who do stadiums should make themselves go and do small venues in the intimate cafe and cabaret style," she said. "When you play to over 100,000 people, there's something lost in feeling that you can physically touch people. In a more intimate situation, you're more vulnerable, which the audience picks up on."

The daughter of legendary jazz pianist Gene Harris, the singer said an intimate jazz club feels like a childhood home to her.

"It reminds me of when I was growing up," she said. "It feels a lot more like family."

A regular at Vail Jazz events over the last decade, playing traditional jazz shows and hosting a popular gospel concert, she's earned a loyal fan base in the mountains. But this week's shows mark Haris' Aspen debut.

For her first performances here, which open the winter season at the JAS Cafe, she's planning a straightforward show of jazz standards and selections from the American songbook, along with some seasonal tunes.

"We'll keep it sweet and simple and Christmas-y," she said. "We'll throw a couple Christmas songs in there."

In recent years, Haris has been chipping away on a collaboration with fellow Madonna back-up singer and longtime friend Donna De Lory, who toured and recorded with Madonna from the 1980s until the mid-aughts. They've released an EP and several singles together, recording whenever they meet up in Nashville or Los Angeles, working on what will eventually be an album appropriately titled "Two Friends."

"We've spent so much of our lives together that we've said, 'Let's do this,'" Haris explained. "We're just having a good time and taking advantage of the fact that we have an incredible story to tell."

That project, like all that she's doing with her music these days, is aimed at uniting people in a very divisive moment in history.

"It's rude and crude right now, but it's nice to call somebody your friend," she said.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*SAD NEWS: R.I.P. Dolores O' Riordan The Cranberries singer has DIED 'suddenly', it was announced today.

The troubled 46-year-old passed away at the London Hilton hotel. Police were called to the hotel on London's Park Lane at 9.05am on January 15.

We want remembering her in a old interview when she talks about Madonna:

"#Madonna?“Oh yeah, we were in New York, and she sent her firend down to tell us that she loved us.Imagine, Madonna loves me, heh, heh,†she laughs.“It was really strange though because her friend was sitting there waiting to be introduced to us and I went over to her and she holds out her hand to shake mine.I had a cup of tea in my hand and I stopped for a second to put it down on a table, and when I turned around her hand had gone.I hope she didn’t I was being rude, I was only putting the cup of tea down so I could shake her hand properly.†#MadonnaNews #RIP #DoloresORiordan

IT59AHk.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Madonna’s Stylist Bea Åkerlund Tells Us All About Her New IKEA Home Line

Aside from Jonas, it’s Madonna she cites as her fave co-worker, having teamed up with Madge on numerous occasions for the Queen of Pop’s tours, music videos, and live performances — including that incredible 2012 Super Bowl Halftime Show performance. “I feel like that will go down in history,†she shares. (With 114 million viewers across the world watching her work come to life that night, we’d be inclined to agree.)

“It’s a teamwork,†she says of their collaboration. “We work really closely together, but she’s a woman that knows what she wants, and I like that. I like that in an artist where they challenge me constantly and you don’t know what you’re going to get.â€

To read the full article visit Brit.co @ https://www.brit.co/ikea-bea-akerlund-collaboration/

• 1 month later...

Christina Aguilera in @papermagazine: "Madonna had to go through it in her day, and she paved the way for my generation to come up. And paying it forward, now a younger generation is coming up and I'm loving what I'm seeing. It's so incredible" papermag.com/christina-agui… #Interview

http://www.papermag.com/christina-aguilera-transformation-2553214651.html

Kurt got her... understood what she was about.  Though, he seemed to be a little off kilter when he mentioned she "understood MTV... because she saw it" when she was back in Detroit.  MTV had only begun years after she begun her music career.  MTV was pretty new by the time she came on the scene.

Sean Penn: I Still Love Madonna Very Much

http://www.contactmusic.net/sean-penn/news/sean-penn-i-still-love-madonna-very-much_6046001

Sean Penn has confessed he still has feelings for his ex-wife Madonna.

Sean Penn still loves his ex-wife Madonna ''very much''.

The Oscar-winning actor was married to the 'Like a Virgin' hitmaker for four years before their divorce in 1989, and he'll always hold a special place in his heart for his first spouse.

During a segment titled 'Sean Penn-y For Your Thoughts' on 'The Late Show with Stephen Colbert', the 'Gangster Squad' star was asked who he prefers between the Queen of Pop and Britney Spears.

Penn answered: ''Ah, I love my first wife very much.

''There's no [comparison]... you don't compare those things.''

The host replied: ''People compare them all the time! So, you're going to go with Madonna?''

And Sean - who was engaged to actress Charlize Theron before parting ways in 2010 - smiled: ''Sure!''

• 2 weeks later...

Donatella Versace Reveals a Stunning Detail About Madonna and the Aftermath of Her Brother's Death

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/gianni-versace-donatella-madonna-american-crime-story?mbid=social_facebook

April 10, 2018 5:38 pm

New York Daily News Archive

Twenty years removed from her brother's tragic death, Donatella Versace is more comfortable in her own skin than she's ever been and seems sick of others trying to tell both her story and the story of her family. Especially because when they do, they often get it wrong, according to Donatella at least. Following the 20th anniversary of Gianni Versace's murder this past July, a new batch of documentary specials, news stories, and, most notably, Ryan Murphy's American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versacehave purported to give audiences the inside story of what happened. Versace, meanwhile, has been on her own tear of candid interviews; in her latest, which also touches on her struggles with addiction, her love life, and succession plans, she drops a stunning detail about the days following Gianni's murder that none of the books, documentaries, or fictional takes have included before: Madonna was there.

"After identification, I drove to Gianni’s villa on Ocean Drive. Madonna was waiting for me inside," Versace tells fashion journalists Michael Ebert and Sven Michaelsen in a new no-holds-barred interview with Ssense. "I will never forget that she was trying to comfort me during these hours. There were FBI agents everywhere in the house. They interrogated each of us and opened all the drawers, a nightmare. My brother had just been murdered, and we were being treated like suspects. But that’s probably what FBI agents have to do."

Of course, American Crime Storydid show its take on the exact moments Versace describes. They were pivotal scenes, and, obviously, Madonna wasn't anywhere to be found in their telling. Had Ryan Murphy known that the Queen of Pop was there, he surely would have figured out a way to include her in the narrative (after all, he managed to controversially shoehorn in the Kardashian sisters into the anthology series' O.J. Simpson-themed first season, even if the then-young sisters were only tangentially related).

The reason for Madge's presence? Somewhat amazingly, this wasn't widely known public knowledge before. Though, it had been hinted at. On the day of the murder, Donatella was in Rome preparing for an upcoming fashion show. Madonna was in a recording studio, presumably in Los Angeles, working on her album Ray of Light. During interviews about the making of the album, producer William Orbit had revealed that indeed Madonna was one of the first people Donatella called, and that on that very same day she recorded the vocals for the album track "Swim."

We were recording ‘Swim’ on the day Versace was murdered,” Orbit told Q magazine in 2002. “Madonna was very friendly with him and his sister, Donatella, who was in the street, distraught, on her cellphone to Madonna. But she did the vocal, which is probably why it has such an emotional impact.”

The Huffington Post e-mailed Orbit earlier this year for elaboration on the story, and while Orbit declined an interview he did write in an e-mail, “There’s quite a story around that."

Quite a story, indeed.

At the time Madonna had an expansive house on the Miami mainland, and was a frequent guest at the Versace Mansion when both were in town. It would not have been a stretch to imagine her stopping work on the album upon getting news of a close friend's death and flying to Miami. Though, how would she have gotten into the home without anyone knowing until now? One of the things the show did get correct is that it was a media circus outside of Casa Casuarina following the murder. Though, a scene in the show where Donatella Versace walks into the house through front doors at the main steps was complete fiction: The home had far more private entrances in the back. It's likely Madonna was able to sneak in, and if someone had found out then, we all would have known about it by now. If they hadn't, well, we would only know when someone inside the actual house told us, which appears to be the case now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...